CJ Wiley plays in IPT qualifier

henho

I Beat Fidelshnitzer
Silver Member
In the list of players who participated in the most recent IPT qualifier I noticed CJ Wiley's name. This has to be the first "big" event he has played in since leaving the pool scene in the 90's; did anyone get a chance to see him play? He was definitely a powerhouse, and if he makes a comeback that would be great.

T

Timberly

henho said:
In the list of players who participated in the most recent IPT qualifier I noticed CJ Wiley's name. This has to be the first "big" event he has played in since leaving the pool scene in the 90's; did anyone get a chance to see him play? He was definitely a powerhouse, and if he makes a comeback that would be great.
He also played in the qualifier at the DCC. I did not get a chance to see him play but I think it's obvious that his game isn't what it used to be. You can't take that many yrs off & fall back into dead stroke. I don't know how long he's been at it again but there's some seriously tough competition out there. So far, he hasn't made the best showings at the IPT events. Hopefully he's practicing everyday and will become the powerhouse that he was.

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
I watched the last half of the C.J. Wiley/George Breedlove match at the DCC IPT qualifier. It is one of my disappointments that more people did not get to see the match. It was un-freaking-believeable. In the last half of the match, no one missed a ball; and we were able to witness the most incredible runouts and circus shots I've ever seen. jGeorge ended up winning 10-5 with the most spectacularly difficult runout I've ever seen (and C.J. too!!).

People were pretty much unaware of the match, but dang they really missed one of the great pool exhibitions ever. Everyone knows that Efren has an amazing game; and I can truly say that in the last few years spectating at DCC there are VERY FEW players who show the kind of firepower, creativity, and guts that George and C.J. had on display. They were going for the tremendously difficult runouts on those tight pocket tables (and succeeding). I think many people forget that C.J. might have been the best player on the planet at one time - it seems those skills have not eroded far.

I've noticed that in short race 9-ball it's only Efren, George, and Jamie Baraks (last year) that I've seen "going for it" - everyone else is just playing much more conservatively. You will see more circus shots and difficult runouts in 2 or 3 matches with George, Efren, and C.J. than you will in a week of observing the rest. JMO.

Reactions: JAM

lewdo26

Registered User will do
Silver Member
Williebetmore said:
I watched the last half of the C.J. Wiley/George Breedlove match at the DCC IPT qualifier. It is one of my disappointments that more people did not get to see the match. It was un-freaking-believeable. In the last half of the match, no one missed a ball; and we were able to witness the most incredible runouts and circus shots I've ever seen. jGeorge ended up winning 10-5 with the most spectacularly difficult runout I've ever seen (and C.J. too!!).

People were pretty much unaware of the match, but dang they really missed one of the great pool exhibitions ever. Everyone knows that Efren has an amazing game; and I can truly say that in the last few years spectating at DCC there are VERY FEW players who show the kind of firepower, creativity, and guts that George and C.J. had on display. They were going for the tremendously difficult runouts on those tight pocket tables (and succeeding). I think many people forget that C.J. might have been the best player on the planet at one time - it seems those skills have not eroded far.

I've noticed that in short race 9-ball it's only Efren, George, and Jamie Baraks (last year) that I've seen "going for it" - everyone else is just playing much more conservatively. You will see more circus shots and difficult runouts in 2 or 3 matches with George, Efren, and C.J. than you will in a week of observing the rest. JMO.
Thanks for the report, Willie. Now I know where to put my money on for a comeback! P.S.: will try not to miss DCC again next year for nothing in this world.