For Sale 2017 SOUTH WEST Cue WITH CENTENNIAL Case

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
I am just curious., where do these prices come from? Do you just make them up?

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

I know that your comment was aimed at the op but I will offer my opinion.

He may not be as off on pricing as you might think since this cue has some sw upgrades that aren't cheap. Rings, slim handle and cocobolo wood are all extra $$$. Another big positive for this particular cue is that it's just under 19 oz which doesn't come up very often so for the right buyer this could be a real motivator.

And we have to add the value of the nice Centennial case that he's including, as well.

Secondary pricing on sw cues is fickle. A few years ago they shot into the stratosphere and in the last year or so while they've come down some they are still commanding pretty strong numbers.

Separately, and perhaps most importantly, there has been standing etiquette here on the For Sale Forum that we don't knock another member's sales threads. A seller can ask whatever they want and it's up to prospective buyers to understand what they're looking at and the market and to act accordingly. The only exceptions would be if you see someone misrepresenting or scamming; that sort of thing.

If you were actually interested to buy this cue and wanted to better understand the op's rationale for his pricing then shooting him a pm could both satisfy your curiosity and keep you from having to suffer through responses like mine. ;)

For the record, I think this sw is a beauty and wish the op glwys.

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
120   0   0
I know that your comment was aimed at the op but I will offer my opinion.

He may not be as off on pricing as you might think since this cue has some sw upgrades that aren't cheap. Rings, slim handle and cocobolo wood are all extra $$$. Another big positive for this particular cue is that it's just under 19 oz which doesn't come up very often so for the right buyer this could be a real motivator.

And we have to add the value of the nice Centennial case that he's including, as well.

Secondary pricing on sw cues is fickle. A few years ago they shot into the stratosphere and in the last year or so while they've come down some they are still commanding pretty strong numbers.

Separately, and perhaps most importantly, there has been standing etiquette here on the For Sale Forum that we don't knock another member's sales threads. A seller can ask whatever they want and it's up to prospective buyers to understand what they're looking at and the market and to act accordingly. The only exceptions would be if you see someone misrepresenting or scamming; that sort of thing.

If you were actually interested to buy this cue and wanted to better understand the op's rationale for his pricing then shooting him a pm could both satisfy your curiosity and keep you from having to suffer through responses like mine. ;)

For the record, I think this sw is a beauty and wish the op glwys.

best,
brian kc

Well stated Brian...

PunchOut

addicted
Silver Member
Rating - 95.3%
41   2   0
Beautiful combination of woods and veneers, can't beat a pau ferro SW!!!!!!!! If I had 6k to spend on a southwest, this cue would be sold....

Johnnybgood

Banned
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Well stated Brian...

It’s a question not a statement. I am curious even further. If you purchased this cue new what would it cost. I never put an order in with Laurie so I have no idea. I have to assume it’s not $6000. I am not knocking the thread. I am just curious how a price like this is justified.

That’s the question. Sure woods, rings etc but I have seen and purchased and possibly better hitting cues for a fraction of this price.

So please explain.

Just_Play

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
It’s a question not a statement. I am curious even further. If you purchased this cue new what would it cost. I never put an order in with Laurie so I have no idea. I have to assume it’s not $6000. I am not knocking the thread. I am just curious how a price like this is justified.

That’s the question. Sure woods, rings etc but I have seen and purchased and possibly better hitting cues for a fraction of this price.

So please explain.

Market Value

Johnnybgood

Banned
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
" No worries,

Your post is fine by me"

I looked at the other SW cues being offered here and face book and web-

"thought I was pretty comparable on price-

My cue,

I feel, much better than some too :wink:

It’s a nice cue. Certainly better looking than many Southwest cues I have seen. So I wish you luck with your sale and hopefully the new owner makes good use of it.

Inf2DV

Catch The Action!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Sw

There isn't an upgrade for Cocobola, if it's what u want in Ur design then that's what they make. I mean it's not an upgrade cost, I mean if it were Gaboon, Macassar, or those elite woods but Cocobola isn't such an upgrades.

Just my 2 cents

South West collector

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
There isn't an upgrade for Cocobola, if it's what u want in Ur design then that's what they make. I mean it's not an upgrade cost, I mean if it were Gaboon, Macassar, or those elite woods but Cocobola isn't such an upgrades.

Just my 2 cents

South West collector

you are incorrect.

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
120   0   0

So please explain.

Brian's reply was a statement on his post. I wasn't replying to yours.

asiasdad

Banned
Rating - 100%
220   0   0

Just my 2 cents

South West collector

Like Brian said, you are incorrect. There is a substantial upgrade charge for
cocobolo now, and an even more insane charge for ebony. I guess SW got tired
of the scalpers getting all the cash for doing less than jack $hit on their cues.

The price is largely justified in that people will pay a substantial surcharge to
not have to wait 13+ years now to get a SW cue.

If you don't want to pay the get it now price, then put in your order and wait.
Mine was ordered in 2005 and just this past February we worked out the details
and IF I'm lucky I might get it by Christmas. The insane upcharge for the ebony
on ebony is not making me very happy which is why I have nothing good to say
about the cue whores on here and Facebook that have created this mess.

Duane, to my knowledge has always been fair in dealing with his collection
unlike some of the Great A-holes who deal in SW.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Johnny, the person I see that is sticking their nose in everyone's business is YOU. You have been around here long enough to know that there is a hard rule against this sort of thing in someone's "for sale" thread, but yet you have done it over and over here, even after other members have reminded you of that rule.

Let me be the last one to "remind you". CUT IT OUT!

I suspect since you like to put your nose in everyone’s business and more particularly any given post that strikes you,

gutshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Last I heard, premium woods like Tulipwood, Ebony and Cocobolo were a $2000 surcharge. SW cues with those woods certainly fetch a premium.