A little nervous on the eight?

Da Poet

Pool is Cool
Silver Member
I received the following email notice for a tournament here in Chicago. I assure you that I did not edit or make up any part of this. For anyone who plays eight ball, this is a must read.

Curt Rollins Memorial Pool Tournament...
The Curt Rollins Memorial Pool Tournament will be held May 19th Sat. at 12 noon at City Pool Hall located at 640 W. Hubbard (312) 491-9690 proceeds will go to the Heart Foundation. City Pool Hall is donating the table time for the tournament. Trophies & prizes will be awarded to winners. This is an 8 ball tournament (APA rules).
Drink specials $2.00 PBR, $8.00 pitcher Sam Adams $4.00 bloody Marys and $4.00 Long Island.
Food is also served at City Pool Hall. This promises to be a fun & memorable event in memory of Curt Rollins a long time league player who had played over 1200 matches in the APA for 17 years; he passed away while shooting in a league match while on the 8 ball. Curt 87 was well liked by all players that knew him. Entry fee is only $10 and is open to all players (you do not have to be an APA player to play in this tournament). Limited commemorative t-shirts will be available

Kinda changes the perspective on that final shot a little doesn't it? :eek: :D

Last edited:

Flex

Banger
Silver Member
Next time someone asks me if I wanna play some "Killer 8 Ball" it'll definitely make me think.

Sorry to hear Curt Rollins passed away in the manner he did.

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
Might be my second favorite way to go...if I were there, I'd play in it. Condolences to friends and family.

dogginda9

I need a vacation.
Silver Member
Curt was a very nice man. Saw him at APA events a couple of times a year for almost 20 years and he was always super nice to me. When I heard a while ago how he passed, I thought that's how he would have liked to go. If I were in town I would attend. I hope they raise a sh$tload of money for the AHA. Good cause, that's for sure.