Adding extension during match

hustlinstrokin

Registered
I have a 4" extension for my cue since I am very tall. Sometimes my wife will come over and ask for my cue so she can reach a shot. If I bought her an extension, is it legal for her to break her cue down to add it during a match? FYI, it goes between butt and shaft.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a 4" extension for my cue since I am very tall. Sometimes my wife will come over and ask for my cue so she can reach a shot. If I bought her an extension, is it legal for her to break her cue down to add it during a match? FYI, it goes between butt and shaft.

You are allowed to change shafts after informing your opponent you are doing that, I would think adding an extention will fall into that same category.

It's perfectly legal to go get an extention that fits over the butt of the cue from your case or chair during a match, the only difference here is that you need to take the shaft off.

I'd just buy a regular extention, although that will cost you extra, but you also avoid people complaining.

The official rulling on that would come from whoever is in charge of the league or tournament you are playing in. You are not breaking down your cue to shark you opponent, you are doing it during your turn after telling them you need to add the extention. I don't see anyone having an issue with this unless it happens often and disrupts your match or hers.

Last edited: