Richard Black cues

Wolff24

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to sell these on behalf of my Dad. He was left them in a will and has no reason to keep them around, doesn't play and doesn't know anyone who does. He contacted Richard Black through email and was told they originally sold for around $3-4k each, other than that not much is known. They appear to be in excellent condition, no warping or any wear marks save for the ferrule?(sorry if thats not what it is called) where the chalk rubbed on it, and are currently in Centenial cases if that means anything, I can get more pictures if needed, just may take some time due to work. We are near Houston, Tx and I can be contacted at anwolff24@gmail.com. Sorry if there isn't much info here, just let me know what you need.

Attachments

• 20190402_163855.jpg
    20190402_163855.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 1,041
  • 20190402_164052.jpg
    20190402_164052.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 1,055
  • 20190402_163908.jpg
    20190402_163908.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 1,050
  • 20190402_163931.jpg
    20190402_163931.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 1,051
  • 20190402_164114.jpg
    20190402_164114.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 1,054

bobalouiecda

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Richard Black Prices

I am no expert on Richards cues and I would love to own one, but in 1992 I do not think many, if any cue makers would get $3-4K for cues of this intricacy. I would guess much less then. Seems that cue prices started going much higher about 2005 or later. If I were to guess a value now, I would say $2-$2500 each max and only because of the name. Good luck selling. If they go for the $1500- $2K range I may be interested.

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
..........................................................................................................................................................

Last edited:

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Cases

Any idea what you would want for the cases? Is the second the same as the black one pictured?

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I am sorry but, I highly doubt that you spoke to Richard. Richard knows his cues better than anyone. And he would have told your father that those cues are worth nowhere near $3-4K.

He said his father contacted Richard through email.

Should be easy enough to document.

< < < < < Another interested in the cases.

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
He said his father contacted Richard through email.

Should be easy enough to document.

< < < < < Another interested in the cases.

.......................................................................................................................................................................

Last edited:

jmonche

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
144   0   1
I Happen to know Richard fairly well. And have an idea of what his cues are worth.
But yes, please post a copy of email?

Give the guy a break. He's new here. So what that he might have gotten his facts wrong. Does it really make a difference here? If it really bothers you, PM him. There's no need to call him out in his first for-sale thread. All of that stuff is just self-serving. Who cares who knows Richard Black.....c'mon, Man!
Let viewers decide for themselves what a cue is worth.... no need for pundits. Viewers in this forum aren't stupid.

Last edited:

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
260   0   0
OP, nice cues...you might try opting up a thread in the cue gallery and ask for some input. There is lots of very knowledgeable members here and you should be able to get some solid info on the cues. Just a thought :wink:

ToomnyQs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
363   0   1
Welcome aboard...

give the guy a break. He's new here. So what that he might have gotten his facts wrong. Does it really make a difference here? If it really bothers you, pm him. There's no need to call him out in his first for-sale thread. All of that stuff is just self-serving. Who cares who knows richard black.....c'mon, man!
Let viewers decide for themselves what a cue is worth.... No need for pundits. Viewers in this forum aren't stupid.

x 2.......

Rtoron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   1
Give the guy a break. He's new here. So what that he might have gotten his facts wrong. Does it really make a difference here? If it really bothers you, PM him. There's no need to call him out in his first for-sale thread. All of that stuff is just self-serving. Who cares who knows Richard Black.....c'mon, Man!
Let viewers decide for themselves what a cue is worth.... no need for pundits. Viewers in this forum aren't stupid.

I agree. The market will decide what the cues are worth.