Lucasi Air Hog shaft for Breaking?

Wesv1988

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry in advance if this is in the wrong area on AZ. I've been reading this site for years and still don't really know where to post certain things or how to CORRECTLY use the search.

So I play with with a Lucasi Custom (LZSP2) cue with the standard zero flexpoint low deflection shaft that came with it. I don't have much extra cash and am looking into getting a jump cue and break cue in the future and was thinking about buying a Lucasi Air Hog for jumping and just using the butt on my playing cue and the Air Hog shaft to break with.

I do realize the inconvenience with having to switch shafts all the time and I plan to accumulate a few cues in the coming years so I'm really just asking for an opinion on of the shaft would be a good option to break with. It has a carbon fiber ferrule and phenolic tip etc.

I also realize Lucasi isn't a "great" brand and all and the opinions on Uni-loc joints, I'm just more looking for advice on the playability of a shaft that's designed for jumps shots but also being used for breaking, thanks in advance!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk