How else would you aim this ?

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Funny how he "accidentally" broke his stick. :wink:

I know it was Mike, one of the greatest players in history, but that wasn't a smart shot. If I had been his opponent, and he didn't break his stick right then, I'd have said, "You fell into my trap", and then he'd have broken his stick. :D

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Mr. Bautista, sir, was that you playing against Sigel in that match?
I thought I recognized you in there? ( been a long time)
You play better than you used to do....that's pretty darn good. You rattled him. :thumbup2:
Did you win it?

Oh look, it's Mr. Put Them on Your Ignore Liststein .

Did you answer the question ? No, you didn't.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member

I know it was Mike, one of the greatest players in history, but that wasn't a smart shot. If I had been his opponent, and he didn't break his stick right then, I'd have said, "You fell into my trap", and then he'd have broken his stick. :D

I can't believe how much follow that cue ball had.
And you can tell Sigel has real good knowledge of combos.
Slight overcut and the ball goes dead nuts.

Btw, no big deal in breaking his shaft.
He had a cue making business then.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't believe how much follow that cue ball had.
And you can tell Sigel has real good knowledge of combos.
Slight overcut and the ball goes dead nuts.
Btw, no big deal in breaking his shaft.
He had a cue making business then.
Was that in Hollywood Billiards?
(last time I saw you, you were putting on tips in there)
Like I said, its been a long time and I'm very old now.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Was that in Hollywood Billiards?
(last time I saw you, you were putting on tips in there)
Like I said, its been a long time and I'm very old now.

You must be so old, you're remembering things that never happened. 😂

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You must be so old, you're remembering things that never happened. ��
Ahh come on Joey, don't be so modest, you were the best cue tip installer around So. Cal. back then.
Maybe it was either during the time you were hanging out at Kerry Zeiler's shop or after he died.
(you're right about me being very old. A confounded dinosaur actually):smile:
It's good to chat with you again. Back then, you called me "that skinny guy with the hillbilly drawl". You remember that?

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Ahh come on Joey, don't be so modest, you were the best cue tip installer around So. Cal. back then.
Maybe it was either during the time you were hanging out at Kerry Zeiler's shop or after he died.
(you're right about me being very old. A confounded dinosaur actually):smile:
It's good to chat with you again. Back then, you called me "that skinny guy with the hillbilly drawl". You remember that?
Nice try but, no cigar.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe he wanted to penetrate the pack and make sure his cue ball would be past the middle of the table.

You're probably right. He crushed it with what looked like strong top. Not like him to cold bust a combination that didn't need power. If he just worked into that three ball cluster with the 2 ball on its right side, he would have had 3 easy shots and worked his way to the 7 for a break ball. There were 12 balls out there. Just seems odd. What a crazy neat guy.

duckie

GregH
Silver Member

Really.........I hope you realize he put himself in that position and no one else. In other words, no opponent left him that shot......he did it himself.

That is one of those shots I call trying to do too much.

Trying to make a combo and open the rack.

To me, he was going for position on the 8 to open up the rack but the 6 got in the way of that so he went for the combo to try to open the rack.

That change where into the rack the CB would be going. Going off just the 8 would have put the CB into the cluster of balls just above and right of the 8.

Going off the 6 would have put the CB into the more opened balls above.

Based on the speed of the shot, I believe he was trying to force the CB to go into the the tighter cluster that he was trying for off the 8.

Like I said......trying to do much on a shot.

And.........there was no overcut.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Really.........I hope you realize he put himself in that position and no one else. In other words, no opponent left him that shot......he did it himself.

That is one of those shots I call trying to do too much.

Trying to make a combo and open the rack.

To me, he was going for position on the 8 to open up the rack but the 6 got in the way of that so he went for the combo to try to open the rack.

That change where into the rack the CB would be going. Going off just the 8 would have put the CB into the cluster of balls just above and right of the 8.

Going off the 6 would have put the CB into the more opened balls above.

Based on the speed of the shot, I believe he was trying to force the CB to go into the the tighter cluster that he was trying for off the 8.

Like I said......trying to do much on a shot.

And.........there was no overcut.

Yes I realize he left himself that shot. Hell, I've broke and ran a rack then broke and scratched, only to hear my opponent say "you fell into my trap". Lol. I think it's even funnier like that, after a guy has run a dozen balls or pulled out a 3 pack. It's insinuating that you anticipated or plotted a multi-move trap (like in chess).:D

I agree he was probably trying too much with one shot.