Harriman vs Schmidt

vicki h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's settle this once and for all! I would like to propose a challenge match between Danny Harriman and John Schmidt. It will be 1200 point straight pool match over 3 days in Victorville, Ca. on a new Blue Label Diamond. 20 large. Date and time to be determined. This is Gary Henry. Owner of Classic Billiards. I staked John in the all around at Duff's several years ago. PM me if interested.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Let's settle this once and for all! I would like to propose a challenge match between Danny Harriman and John Schmidt. It will be 1200 point straight pool match over 3 days in Victorville, Ca. on a new Blue Label Diamond. 20 large. Date and time to be determined. This is Gary Henry. Owner of Classic Billiards. I staked John in the all around at Duff's several years ago. PM me if interested.

WOW,
Would be great....
Danny been playing much though?

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'll bring my laser pointer.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Might as well just matchup in JS' home town. Hesperia is only 8 miles south of Victorville. Talk about a setup? Nothing, less than the unedited video, is going to lend legitimacy to this claim to fame. So get on with it! By the way, anyone could count these agents on their fingers, no need for the toes. Not that many of you still suffering this indignity. Your hero won't even acknowledge your activities in his accord. The 20 large might interest someone to entertain the lions den, just not likely to be Harriman.

Well that works for me.

Cuebuddy>>>>has a foot with no toes:p

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would watch that. Even better if they would be mic'd. It would have to be pay per view though since the may be some language.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As much as it pains me, if Danny has been playing, he's probably the favorite.

In a traditional 14.1 match, I would agree that Danny (if he is still playing a lot) is a "slight" favorite.

Having said ^^^^^^^^, the longer the race, IMO, the more Danny loses his edge.

Reasoning is:

A 350 ball runner and a 626 ball runner is about even in matches to ~125. But, in a race to 1200 the 626 ball runner has the edge.

Like in 9 ball and one player strings 8 racks and the other strings 20 racks but, since the race is to 3.....well, their even cause both can run the set with EASE when they get the shot.

Just a thought,

Jeff

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In a traditional 14.1 match, I would agree that Danny (if he is still playing a lot) is a "slight" favorite.

Having said ^^^^^^^^, the longer the race, IMO, the more Danny loses his edge.

Reasoning is:

A 350 ball runner and a 626 ball runner is about even in matches to ~125. But, in a race to 1200 the 626 ball runner has the edge.

Like in 9 ball and one player strings 8 racks and the other strings 20 racks but, since the race is to 3.....well, their even cause both can run the set with EASE when they get the shot.

Just a thought,

Jeff

Imagine Schmidt ran out 600, plays safe and runs the other 600. And still Lou Figerroa would knock it!

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Imagine Schmidt ran out 600, plays safe and runs the other 600. And still Lou Figerroa would knock it!

Well, no.

Becaaaaaaauz, if he were playing Danny, we would all know they were clean runs ;-)

Lou Figueroa

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou,
You should parlay your Barton money and play John.
What's a fair game? 50 to 400?

MitchDAZB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As a 14.1 fan, a 1200 point game sounds kinda boring. I'd rather see best of three 300 point games or best of five 200 point games.

Here endeth my two cents.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
As a 14.1 fan, a 1200 point game sounds kinda boring. I'd rather see best of three 300 point games or best of five 200 point games.

Here endeth my two cents.

I’ll play you for those. Race to infinity,

I’d love love a match up betwixt these two warrior gentlemen. I’d throw in $$ to make it happen. Somewhere center country with decent seating and we can make our own mosconi cup type atmosphere. Sharking allowed by audience only