Extremely sad news...

JrockJustin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In 1990 I was 19 and in the U.S. Navy stationed in San Diego, California. I had a lot of free time since I was being discharged for a medical problem(left eye lost it's vision completely) so I ventured into the gaming complex. After bowling I decided to check out the pool hall in the back. I was instantly in love, a feeling that I can't explain but I know most of you understand exactly what I mean.

I spent most my day there and tried to learn from everyone. I ran across a fella who really knew what he was doing with the stick. He asked me to play 9-ball. I had absolutely no idea what he meant. His response to that "You gotta be kidding me. Let's go, I have something to show you." He brought me to the video area and we rented "The Color of Money." Like most of you, I have watched that movie thousands of times since then. My buddy pointed Duke who was played by Steve Mizerak. He couldn't stop talking about how great he was at pool and what a wonderful personality he had. He said Steve just lit up the entire room as soon as he stepped foot into it.

I then immersed myself in billiards, watching and reading whatever The Miz put out. Pool, the Masters way...

He was my first influence, my first inspiration and I will never ever forget that.

Steve Mizerak, you will forever be in my heart...

Justin M. Acker