biggest package against the ghost

highkarate

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yesterday i watched a video of jeff ignacio running 16 on the ghost and it got me wondering if anybody knows of some really big packages put on the ghost. i think i saw carlo biado run 17 maybe. both of those runs were against the 9 ball ghost on a 9 ft table. anyone seen or heard about any bigger? how about the biggest 10 ball ghost package?

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yesterday i watched a video of jeff ignacio running 16 on the ghost and it got me wondering if anybody knows of some really big packages put on the ghost. i think i saw carlo biado run 17 maybe. both of those runs were against the 9 ball ghost on a 9 ft table. anyone seen or heard about any bigger? how about the biggest 10 ball ghost package?
Svb mentioned a run in the teens on a tar podcast. Break and run, not playing the ghost. I think it was 15 or 16

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

highkarate

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Svb mentioned a run in the teens on a tar podcast. Break and run, not playing the ghost. I think it was 15 or 16

i feel like I've heard him say he ran a 13 pack playing 10 ball, which in my mind is an unbreakable record. only someone with his 10 ball break could ever do that. but makes you think, a player like svb could likely run somewhere in the 20's against the ghost.

Last edited:

pletho

NON "ACTION KNOCKER"
Silver Member

I've seen someone in person break and run with NO ball in hand in a race to 13 for $3,000 run 9 racks in a row - I think that's more of a feat than playing the ghost since they did not get ball in hand after each break. What's even more interesting is their opponent being down 9 games before they even hit a ball got up and ran 8 racks in a row back at them -

Danny Smith & Billy Thorpe

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didn't JArcher run 13 against FBustamante?

I would think archer is the ghost, of those two. The question is AGAINST the ghost, not BY it...duh.

Haha

I have done 7s a few times. Races to that are sometimes a practice activity. I cant recall continuing to keep a consecutive total after a particular set was finished, though id think it would surely have continued, on occasion.

Buckzapper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tough to even try this or practice where I play. Before you finish one rack, a group of 3 or 4 watchers will gather and begin to talk loudly about politics, boating or the weather and they never shut up. These are the guys that will take their lawnmower to the repair shop when it won't start because the gas tank is empty. All this talk is within 3 feet of the table. A couple will even do commentary on each shot in the rack. Being nice to them doesn't help. Being rude and vulgar to them doesn't help either. If I chase them away, it won't be 5 minutes before 3 or 4 more come over to do the same thing. It's supposed to be a poolroom, not a day care center for elderly men.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tough to even try this or practice where I play. Before you finish one rack, a group of 3 or 4 watchers will gather and begin to talk loudly about politics, boating or the weather and they never shut up. These are the guys that will take their lawnmower to the repair shop when it won't start because the gas tank is empty. All this talk is within 3 feet of the table. A couple will even do commentary on each shot in the rack. Being nice to them doesn't help. Being rude and vulgar to them doesn't help either. If I chase them away, it won't be 5 minutes before 3 or 4 more come over to do the same thing. It's supposed to be a poolroom, not a day care center for elderly men.

Get some headphones and and and,,, a less revealing skirt.

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
SVB ran 23 racks of 10 ball

It was on his table practicing.
Scottie ran 6 sets of 13 in nineball for a world champion title with 6 straight opponents never coming to the table for a shot! That was almost 70 racks.
Ralph Greenleaf ran about 100 racks of straight pool. They changed the game to 14 racked from of line em up. Imagine affecting the game so much it is changed.
Nick :)

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
I've ran a 3-pack (2 break and runs and one 8 & out after their break) in one pocket against a very disgruntled elder statesman. That's my monster package. I think those three games in total took around 10 minutes.... One pocket is so slow....

Lesh

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scottie ran 6 sets of 13 in nineball for a world champion title with 6 straight opponents never coming to the table for a shot! That was almost 70 racks.
Ralph Greenleaf ran about 100 racks of straight pool. They changed the game to 14 racked from of line em up. Imagine affecting the game so much it is changed.
How have I never heard of this before. That would be some kind of focus!

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This thread is so strange. People are replying to all kinds of questions other than biggest package against the ghost. It's interesting, but it is just off topic.

Anyway, my personal record is 21 racks in a row against the 9 ball ghost. It was on my home table (9 foot), fairly new fast/slidy cloth, balls opening up well. I kicked in two balls and was lucky to get this far, but played well too.

I don't know my record in 10 ball, but I once ran 21 out of 22 racks against the 10 ball ghost. This was on a tougher table. What can I say, I was dialed in. I was getting ready for a big match, and I played a guy where we took turns playing the ghost, I played 10 ball, he played 6 ball, races to 7. I won three sets in 22 at bats. It was pretty sick.

One of the amazing things about pool is how high runs stand out from ordinary play. Sometimes the stars just line up and you can do no wrong. That used to be what I lived for, now I like the struggle just as much. But it is fun when you touch something magic.

Bigb'scues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've ran a 3-pack (2 break and runs and one 8 & out after their break) in one pocket against a very disgruntled elder statesman. That's my monster package. I think those three games in total took around 10 minutes.... One pocket is so slow....

Lesh

What does this have to do with the topic at hand?

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This thread is so strange. People are replying to all kinds of questions other than biggest package against the ghost. It's interesting, but it is just off topic.

Anyway, my personal record is 21 racks in a row against the 9 ball ghost. It was on my home table (9 foot), fairly new fast/slidy cloth, balls opening up well. I kicked in two balls and was lucky to get this far, but played well too.

I don't know my record in 10 ball, but I once ran 21 out of 22 racks against the 10 ball ghost. This was on a tougher table. What can I say, I was dialed in. I was getting ready for a big match, and I played a guy where we took turns playing the ghost, I played 10 ball, he played 6 ball, races to 7. I won three sets in 22 at bats. It was pretty sick.

One of the amazing things about pool is how high runs stand out from ordinary play. Sometimes the stars just line up and you can do no wrong. That used to be what I lived for, now I like the struggle just as much. But it is fun when you touch something magic.

Dam that's some fine shooting there

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
Alex ran 14 racks of 10 ball WITH RESPOTS for balls made on the break on a tight 9ft Diamond at JOB's in Nashville one time when he was ALL IN to the tune of something like 5-6k,with the ghost on the hill in an 8-ahead.

Get you some of that ;). Tommy D.

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
-
Wow. I need whatever you guys were on!
78 break and runs in a row??? That was good stuff.
Your math is a little off also....6 x 13 = 78

djg576

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Scottie

Scot Smith, Scot Fraser, Scotty Townsend or Scottie in Engineering? I'm pretty well confused now!!! Which Scot are we talking about?