Reload this Page I'm a bit confused about Schon SL-7
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
I'm a bit confused about Schon SL-7
Old
  (#1)
mojarraman
AzB Silver Member
mojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

I'm a bit confused about Schon SL-7 - 01-21-2014, 02:57 PM

This COULD be in the WTB/WTS section but not exactly.

I looked at a WTS Schon SL-7, basically here in town recently - locally - and took a quick picture or two with a camera phone I'd never used before:

No, not the best picture, but CLEARLY there's some sort of "differences" (and obvious ones) between THAT SL-7 and THIS one:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showth...ighlight=schon

The "diamonds" on my (i.e., the "local") Schon SL-7 are NOT sharp. And the rings are obviously checkered/notched/dashed (I'm not sure of the exact nomenclature).

THERE IS SOMETHING GOING ON, and I'M 99.999% CONVINCED THE OPer's SL-7 IS AUTHENTIC, BUT FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD THIS "LOCAL" Schon SL-7 DEFINITELY SEEMS OF "INFERIOR" QUALITY - IF YOU ASK ME - & I KNOW MORE ABOUT THE TROPICAL FISH HOBBY THAN CUE-COLLECTING - SO I'M NOT THE ONE TO ASK.
BUT THE URETHANE IS ALSO "BUBBLING" OFF THE BUTT IN ONE OR TWO "PEA_SIZED" AREAS & ALSO IN "GRAIN-OF-SAND" SIZE AREAS IN SEVERAL (6-12?) OTHER PLACES ON THE BUTT. --- BUT THE OPer's BUTT LOOKS PERFECT. TRUE, THE QUALITY OF MY PHOTO IS WEAK, BUT IT'S NOT THE QUALITY OF THE PHOTOS THAT ARE DIFFERENT - ESSENTIALLY, THESE ARE (SOMEHOW) DIFFERENT CUES. I'M PERPLEXED TO SAY THE LEAST. ... LBNL, IF YOU LOOK IN THE EXTREME UPPER RIGHT CORNER OF THE BUTT - ON MY PHOTO - YOU CAN SEE ONE OF THE PEA-SIZED AREAS THAT IS LIFTING IN THE VARNISH. THANKS SO MUCH FOR ANY EXPLANATION(s).

Best,
Paul

PS: I kinda wish I knew if collectors said "finish" or "varnish" or "urethane" (or even something "other") beings I haven't figured out which would be most appropriate in this type of case.

Old
  (#2)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-21-2014, 04:25 PM

Schon made different models during different times with slightly different inlays and color patterns. The sharp pointed one could have been made before or maybe after the rounded pointed inlay you saw and still be the same model.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Old
  (#3)
mojarraman
AzB Silver Member
mojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond repute

01-21-2014, 04:54 PM

And the rings versus the notched or checkered rings?
The chronology...I guess it'd be nice to hear something(s) a little bit more "definitive"...

Hang, I do appreciate the feedback...something a bit more concrete would be appreciated even though I'm not loosing sleep over it or anything...I've looked at the SL brochure at palmercollector.com ... almost studied the dang thing ... obviously there's SO MUCH I don't fully comprehend about Schon (not to mention all Qbuilders)
but maybe would a buyer "spec" the notches, or builder "throw them in for intrigue factor" and "dull the diamonds" simultaneously? Kind of non-sequitur - an upgrade and downgrade simultaneously - but I do unexplainable things myself at times...No obsession of mine to be sure, but maybe there's something slightly less abstract to be discerned?
Best,
Paul

Last edited by mojarraman; 01-21-2014 at 05:11 PM.

Old
  (#4)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

01-21-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojarraman View Post
And the rings versus the notched or checkered rings?
The chronology...I guess it'd be nice to hear something(s) a little bit more "definitive"...

Hang, I do appreciate the feedback...something a bit more concrete would be appreciated even though I'm not loosing sleep over it or anything...I've looked at the SL brochure at palmercollector.com ... almost studied the dang thing ... obviously there's SO MUCH I don't fully comprehend about Schon (not to mention all Qbuilders)
but maybe would a buyer "spec" the notches, or builder "throw them in for intrigue factor" and "dull the diamonds" simultaneously? Kind of non-sequitur - an upgrade and downgrade simultaneously - but I do unexplainable things myself at times...No obsession of mine to be sure, but maybe there's something slightly less abstract to be discerned?
Best,
Paul
What????????? Please dumb down your mastery of english so we pool players can figure out what you said.
thanks

New cue-Schmelke custom Bocote merry widow-still in testing
Playing cue- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey
I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#5)
mojarraman
AzB Silver Member

01-21-2014, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by measureman View Post
What????????? Please dumb down your mastery of english so we pool players can figure out what you said.
thanks
I'm not quite sure WTF you're talking about. If you care to be more specific and find words that pool players don't use, then point them out and I'll try to redact them for your benefit and anybody else's. On second thought, maybe not. How bout just GTFO and find another thread?

Old
  (#6)
cubswin
Just call me Joe...
cubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond repute

01-21-2014, 07:18 PM

If you don't like a certain cue don't buy it. Schon makes variety of cues, always has.

""It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie

Old
  (#7)
Cuebuddy
Mini cues
Cuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond repute

01-21-2014, 07:23 PM

Quote:
I'm not quite sure WTF you're talking about. If you care to be more specific and find words that pool players don't use, then point them out and I'll try to redact them for your benefit and anybody else's. On second thought, maybe not. How bout just GTFO and find another thread?
Although I hesitate to perorate, I must also abstain from procrustean endeavors. Hence, I shall postprandially defenestrate all callipygous revenants, offering them as deodands, and return to my ctenophilia.

EDIT> I forgot a few of these

Cuebuddy

"I'm terrified every time you shoot"
Chisolm W

"14-1, 9 ball, 8 ball whats the difference....you put balls in holes."
Measureman

Last edited by Cuebuddy; 01-21-2014 at 07:25 PM.

Old
  (#8)
Allen Brown
Pool Whale
Allen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond repute

01-21-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuebuddy View Post
Although I hesitate to perorate, I must also abstain from procrustean endeavors. Hence, I shall postprandially defenestrate all callipygous revenants, offering them as deodands, and return to my ctenophilia.

Them right there are them hundred doller college words.

Old
  (#9)
PaulieB
AzB Silver Member
PaulieB has a reputation beyond reputePaulieB has a reputation beyond reputePaulieB has a reputation beyond reputePaulieB has a reputation beyond reputePaulieB has a reputation beyond reputePaulieB has a reputation beyond reputePaulieB has a reputation beyond reputePaulieB has a reputation beyond reputePaulieB has a reputation beyond reputePaulieB has a reputation beyond reputePaulieB has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2000

01-21-2014, 07:57 PM

I believe he is just asking you to eschew obfuscation.

Old
  (#10)
alstl
AzB Silver Member
alstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond repute

01-21-2014, 08:11 PM

http://www.palmercollector.com/Schon/SchonSLseries.html

That link has a lot of Schon models including the entire SL line. I have an SL-5 which was my daily player for years until I got a Woodworth which I currently use.

With the stitched rings yours looks more like an R-12.

Last edited by alstl; 01-21-2014 at 08:15 PM.

Old
  (#11)
Cuebuddy
Mini cues
Cuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond repute

01-21-2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Brown View Post
Them right there are them hundred doller college words.
Yes they are! and I know what everyone of them means.....except for eight.

Cuebuddy

"I'm terrified every time you shoot"
Chisolm W

"14-1, 9 ball, 8 ball whats the difference....you put balls in holes."
Measureman

Old
  (#12)
poolhustler
AzB Silver Member
poolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3500

01-21-2014, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Its cool to be all obtuse and verbose in your pontification, but for christ sakes no need to be a phallus member here.........

Old
  (#13)
mojarraman
AzB Silver Member

01-21-2014, 08:58 PM

I'm not too expert on phallus members here...maybe the contingent of AZ "members" w/ a wee bit too much time available ... the expert members or experts on members or whatever. if it gets stuck in your throat maybe it's a member. who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolhustler View Post
Its cool to be all obtuse and verbose in your pontification, but for christ sakes no need to be a phallus member here.........
"That link has a lot of Schon models including the entire SL line. I have an SL-5 which was my daily player for years until I got a Woodworth which I currently use.
With the stitched rings yours looks more like an R-12."

No, it almost certainly is NOT an R-12, and the seller himself is well acquainted with R-12s. I do appreciate your taking a look. It's hard to believe that a few folks would rather choke up a thread w/ ... garbage or whatever. WAY too much spare time on their hands apparently. Maybe got used to spare time in the joint getting used to members in their throats or some such thing. Honestly have no idea. So far, it seems there's been two (if I count correctly) decent responses and the rest are just puked up garbage. No biggie.

"If you don't like a certain cue don't buy it." If you don't like a thread the GTFO.

Old
  (#14)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

01-21-2014, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuebuddy View Post

Can you defenestrate on a Mac?

Doesn't that require windows?

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Alex? A-L-E-X?? REALLY? The Lion King?! Haha
Old
  (#15)
mojarraman
AzB Silver Member

Alex? A-L-E-X?? REALLY? The Lion King?! Haha - 01-22-2014, 07:18 AM

Alex, you say:

"The trouble with painting with a 'broad brush' is that no race or culture
stands up to that scrutiny...we are all collectively guilty of heinous crimes.

I know a Bangladeshi who is so glad to be in North America....he loves
how safe he feels...he's got a good trade and has fun competing at pool.

I'm on this computer because of a Sikh man...he is the smartest and kindest person I know.
He helps a bunch of us with with software and hardware problems....
....and we can only repay him with gifts.

I know a few Pakistanis who are good guys.....one of them was a highly
ranked snooker player in Pakistan...he was nearing pro-caliber 9-ball
player when 911 happened....he felt so bad he quit playing pool, no matter
how much we tried to get him back, he couldn't be comforted.

A plot was being hatched to blow up a VIA train at a bridge crossing
into NY State....a Toronto Imam alerted the authorities.

So, I hope this feral animal gets punished for what he did, but not his race.

None of us can carry the guilt of what our respective races have done."

Wow. Double wow. WTFRU? You're a real "celebrity personality"? According to WHOM? Maybe you should spent time in school instead of pool? Hang your boots on that next pool tourney I guess.

What business is it of yours? where you contribute NOTHING to my thread? I guess getting bashed for your love of Islam scorned you and so you try to take it out here in an UN-related topic? If you don't have anything intelligent to add, go back to posting your hypocritical love of Islam. BTW, I didn't know that some races use a step stool to shoot pool. Hey, that rhymes? Poet didn't know it LOL! Also heard that some races have small penises. Have no earthly idea. But I guess some races have to try to make up for small penis by trying to ridicule another, or trolling, or whatever. Maybe we'll see you around on the pro pool tour.

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: