Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Kinister 1 hour workout
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Kinister 1 hour workout
Old
  (#1)
playdoubles
AzB Silver Member
playdoubles has a reputation beyond reputeplaydoubles has a reputation beyond reputeplaydoubles has a reputation beyond reputeplaydoubles has a reputation beyond reputeplaydoubles has a reputation beyond reputeplaydoubles has a reputation beyond reputeplaydoubles has a reputation beyond reputeplaydoubles has a reputation beyond reputeplaydoubles has a reputation beyond reputeplaydoubles has a reputation beyond reputeplaydoubles has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Kinister 1 hour workout - 09-15-2014, 09:16 AM

Well, I've bought some of his DVD many years ago – and loved watching them (thanks Bert for being such an inspiration on your tapes).

A very great guy from the US, who stayed here in Germany in 2007 for 6 months, came to our club for this period of time and we became friends!

I gave the DVDs to him, cause we've been talking about all these drills from Bert.
He tried to draw the shots down with a pencil (and got mad with his jumble of bits of paper right after the 6th or 7th shot)…

…so I layouted the 25 shots for him my way. He enjoyed them and wanted the PDFs to continue his workout while he was leaving and heading back to California.
Since that time I've kept them on my Computer and never deleted them.

While being asked by another friendly AZer to upload what I got, I decided to share them with all of you…
…so that's the story behind them – and here they are:

9-16
Old
  (#2)
playdoubles
AzB Silver Member
playdoubles has a reputation beyond reputeplaydoubles has a reputation beyond reputeplaydoubles has a reputation beyond reputeplaydoubles has a reputation beyond reputeplaydoubles has a reputation beyond reputeplaydoubles has a reputation beyond reputeplaydoubles has a reputation beyond reputeplaydoubles has a reputation beyond reputeplaydoubles has a reputation beyond reputeplaydoubles has a reputation beyond reputeplaydoubles has a reputation beyond repute

9-16 - 09-15-2014, 09:17 AM

17-25
Old
  (#3)
playdoubles
AzB Silver Member

17-25 - 09-15-2014, 09:18 AM

Old
  (#4)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-15-2014, 09:43 AM

thanks alot

Old
  (#5)
bdorman
Dead money
bdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2014, 09:56 AM

Great stuff!

Many thanks.

I imported all the photos into a single PDF document. PM me with your email address if you want one.

The more I practice, the luckier I get. --- Gary Player

I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it. --- Abraham Lincoln

Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers. --- Voltaire

Last edited by bdorman; 09-15-2014 at 10:45 AM.

Old
  (#6)
dgem
AzB Silver Member
dgem has a reputation beyond reputedgem has a reputation beyond reputedgem has a reputation beyond reputedgem has a reputation beyond reputedgem has a reputation beyond reputedgem has a reputation beyond reputedgem has a reputation beyond reputedgem has a reputation beyond reputedgem has a reputation beyond reputedgem has a reputation beyond reputedgem has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2014, 10:25 AM

excellent post buddy!!

Old
  (#7)
jeffj2h
AzB Silver Member

jeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-15-2014, 11:14 AM

Good job. Last year I watched the video many times and made my own drawings.

This is Bert's "60 Minute Workout", which is video #1 in his collection of nearly 100.

It definitely will still benefit anyone to watch the video because he shoots each shot and explains a lot about the techniques.

Old
  (#8)
mojarraman
AzB Silver Member
mojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2014, 04:55 PM

FANTASTIC!

I've been using some of these since viewing several tapes earlier this year (and as other seem to as well) grew a bit tired of diagramming ... Chris this is SO helpful ... You're a great asset to the forum and the game of pool!!

GLAD TIDINGS! To one-and-all!

PS: I struggled with shot #5 today on a 9' table ... generating enough top/inside English is not easy. I'm wondering about my tip. I mean ... I tried at least 20 times and maybe got it right twice. I'm using a (factory installed ) Triangle (or LePro??) on an LTD (fairly expensive when brand new) McDermott 19OZ & factory taper & factory solid maple. The cue is probably at least five years old and in GREAT shape ... bought used of course since I could only afford about 1/2 list price. The tip has a nickle shape and I scuff (or in reality "sand") with the cheapo Walmart nickel/dime shaper and have the good fortune to have Predator chalk which outperforms the major brand used at most major halls. I also miscue on shot #2 more than I might like (to do it the way BK does is hard ... he makes it look ... well ... "fairly do-able.") It's nowhere near as "easy" (for me) and is actually very difficult (for me) to execute consistently ... not so much (necessarily) the accuracy on shot #2 as the power-draw is my foible. Once again (totally UN-answer-able --- as of tonight) my "concerns" about the tip crop up ... hate to blame my own bridge/stroke which is closed/comfortable UNTIL I "rule out" the tip ... blaming ANYTHING besides myself is almost instinctive. I'm really more concerned about the "fix" than the "problem" - unless it IS me (which is certainly possible Lol! though it's not funny) ... I can draw many shots full table ... but with that much separating the white & object balls is driving me power draw crazy. "Dear Abbey ... Or "Dear Willie Mosconi... or whatever

Last edited by mojarraman; 09-15-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Old
  (#9)
playdoubles
AzB Silver Member

09-15-2014, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojarraman View Post
FANTASTIC!

I've been using some of these since viewing several tapes earlier this year (and as other seem to as well) grew a bit tired of diagramming ... Chris this is SO helpful ... You're a great asset to the forum and the game of pool!!

GLAD TIDINGS! To one-and-all!

PS: I struggled with shot #5 today on a 9' table ... generating enough top/right English is NOT easy. I'm wondering about my tip. I mean ... I tried at LEAST 20 times and maybe got it right twice. I'm using a (factory installed ) Triangle (or LePro?) on an LTD (fairly expensive when brand new) McDermott 19OZ & factory taper & factory solid maple. The cue is probably at least five years old and in GREAT shape. I bought used of course since I could only afford about 1/2 list. The tip has a nickle shape and I buff (or in reality "sand") with the cheapo Walmart nickel/dime shaper and have the good fortune to have Predator chalk which outperforms the major brand used at most major halls. I also miscue on shot #2 more than I might like (to do it the way BK does is HARD. He makes it look ... well ... "do-able.") It's nowhere near as "easy" (for me) and is actually VERY difficult (for me) to execute consistently ... not so much (necessarily) the accuracy as the power-draw. Once again (totally UN-answer-able) "concerns" about the tip ... I hate to blame my own bridge/stroke which is closed/comfortable UNTIL I "rule out" the tip. Like many humans blaming ANYTHING besides myself is almost instinctive. I'm really more concerned about the "fix" than the "problem" - unless it IS me (which is certainly possible) ... I can draw many shots full table ... but with that much separating the cue & object is driving me power draw crazy. Dear Abbey ...
Paul,

Shot #5 is fairly easy – I think you complicated the shot a bit. Don't use right english with follow – it will cause the ball come out of the 1st cushion in a false angle. Right english with draw will cause the ball to come out of the 2nd cushion in a false angle.
So JUST apply right spin and use a soft stroke – you'll see the ball will do the work (you don't have to do the work)!!
Shot #13 in comparison is more difficult, cause you have to apply some real running english!

Shot #2 is somehow more tough on a 9ft table – you have to have a true running table. The only hint that I have is to look at last at the cueball. Rolling this ball (like Bert does) you have to give yourself the best chances of hitting this ball perfectly in the middle (no left or right spin)!

Shot #9 is a toughy!! Bert is telling it: "you have to get the cue and yourself out of the way…"

Old
  (#10)
peteypooldude
I see Edges
peteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2014, 07:04 PM

Thank you for posting these . Now I got something to work on

"I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a more intellegent statement than this one." - Unknown

"'i didnt shoot bad the table beat me' - Did the table miscue for you too?" - JCIN

"My game will be your teacher." - CJ Wiley
AKA-Body-Lock

Old
  (#11)
mojarraman
AzB Silver Member
mojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond reputemojarraman has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2014, 07:23 PM

Y-E-S!
Bet I nail it the first time tomorrow, Lol!

"Shot #2 is somehow more tough on a 9ft table – you have to have a true running table. The only hint that I have is to look at last at the cueball. Rolling this ball (like Bert does) you have to give yourself the best chances of hitting this ball perfectly in the middle (no left or right spin)!"
Y-E-S, today I found myself "experimenting" with sighting beings that seemed ... well... it just "came up naturally on the shot." Sighting (or rather "last focus") seemed to be a bit of ... a quandary.

Thanks so kindly! Great thread, great help. Chris, I nominate you for today's MVP Lol

Old
  (#12)
Poolmanis
AzB Silver Member
Poolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2014, 08:26 PM

Bert kinister 60 minute workout is best video there is if You Watch next vid of Series too..
(I think it Was Secret knowledge of 8- and 9-Ball) there bert only talk.. he change Your thinking to Better view....
..after that that 60 minute workout start kicking Your Game to next level..
Nice work. My new student have 60 minute workout too and asked if we could draw diagrams of shots...

-special man for a special shots-
Straight Pool addict
My Snooker 147 with Pool Cue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRtIEF_vL0A
HOW TO RUN RACKS IN 14.1 - Livestreamed with 103 run.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgnCaoYpzaM

Old
  (#13)
alanvo
Banned
alanvo has a reputation beyond reputealanvo has a reputation beyond reputealanvo has a reputation beyond reputealanvo has a reputation beyond reputealanvo has a reputation beyond reputealanvo has a reputation beyond reputealanvo has a reputation beyond reputealanvo has a reputation beyond reputealanvo has a reputation beyond reputealanvo has a reputation beyond reputealanvo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Yahoo to alanvo Send a message via Skype™ to alanvo 
09-15-2014, 09:17 PM

I've made the PDFs for the 25 shots and some more, download here:
http://ge.tt/3lvQevw1

Old
  (#14)
elvicash
AzB Silver Member
elvicash has a reputation beyond reputeelvicash has a reputation beyond reputeelvicash has a reputation beyond reputeelvicash has a reputation beyond reputeelvicash has a reputation beyond reputeelvicash has a reputation beyond reputeelvicash has a reputation beyond reputeelvicash has a reputation beyond reputeelvicash has a reputation beyond reputeelvicash has a reputation beyond reputeelvicash has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 87

09-16-2014, 02:57 AM

Nice job thanks for sharing.

Hi Runs 14.1-52 (age+3) 9B-5 8B-3
Straight Lock / Five Cents / Kingfish / Fontaine

True Racks Available Now -- www.thetruerack.com

Old
  (#15)
Busboy
Wanna Play Some?
Busboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond repute

09-16-2014, 04:35 AM

Thanks a lot for sharing I'm gonna do them all

Player - Predator
Jump - Custom
Break- Bunji

"Billiards is the well developed art of thinking ahead. Its not only a game, but first and foremost a demanding sport, which requires good stamina, the logical thinking of a chess player, and the stable hand of a concert pianist."

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: