Breaking during league
Old
  (#1)
riding9
AzB Silver Member
riding9 has a reputation beyond reputeriding9 has a reputation beyond reputeriding9 has a reputation beyond reputeriding9 has a reputation beyond reputeriding9 has a reputation beyond reputeriding9 has a reputation beyond reputeriding9 has a reputation beyond reputeriding9 has a reputation beyond reputeriding9 has a reputation beyond reputeriding9 has a reputation beyond reputeriding9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Breaking during league - 12-21-2015, 03:30 PM

I wanted to see how everyone adjusts their breaks while playing in bar leagues. I find it difficult because you really never know what kind of rack you get from one to another, and the races are short. Any suggestions?

Old
  (#2)
SamLambert
Daydreaming about pool
SamLambert has a reputation beyond reputeSamLambert has a reputation beyond reputeSamLambert has a reputation beyond reputeSamLambert has a reputation beyond reputeSamLambert has a reputation beyond reputeSamLambert has a reputation beyond reputeSamLambert has a reputation beyond reputeSamLambert has a reputation beyond reputeSamLambert has a reputation beyond reputeSamLambert has a reputation beyond reputeSamLambert has a reputation beyond repute

12-21-2015, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riding9 View Post
I wanted to see how everyone adjusts their breaks while playing in bar leagues. I find it difficult because you really never know what kind of rack you get from one to another, and the races are short. Any suggestions?
Can't you rack your own?

If you can't, buy Joe Tucker's Racking Secrets DVD and enjoy being able to deal with almost any rack you are given.

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance."

Click here to follow my progress.
(progresstoprospeed.wordpress.com)

Old
  (#3)
Skippy27
AzB Silver Member
Skippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond repute

12-21-2015, 04:06 PM

I break the same regardless (just off the side at the 2nd diamond, 2nd ball).

If the balls seem "hoppy", then I break more from the center dead lead ball.

Old
  (#4)
Zhero
AzB Silver Member
Zhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond repute

12-21-2015, 04:16 PM

My break is kinda jumpy and would often scratch when breaking hard on bar tables, so I tone it down a bit on bar tables and sometimes would soft break the second ball instead of head ball.

"The thing with gambling all the time is it desensitizes you to money if I put up a grand for a a match I already look at it like that money is gone. If I start gambling and caring about the money that is on the line then I make bad decisions that will hurt me and potentially lose the match."

Old
  (#5)
3RAILKICK
AzB Gold Member
3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

12-21-2015, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamLambert View Post
Can't you rack your own?

If you can't, buy Joe Tucker's Racking Secrets DVD and enjoy being able to deal with almost any rack you are given.

Is there a section/chapter discussion of the tilted, mud, slug rack where some balls are touching?

...when pointed out, the usual response is....come on man, it ain't gonna be perfect.

Old
  (#6)
ctyhntr
RIP Kelly
ctyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond repute

12-21-2015, 06:44 PM

The first one is nearly 3 hours long. Here are the links to the videos, and along with his descriptions.

http://www.joetucker.net/product/racking-secrets/
http://www.joetucker.net/product/racking-secrets-ii/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3RAILKICK View Post
Is there a section/chapter discussion of the tilted, mud, slug rack where some balls are touching?

...when pointed out, the usual response is....come on man, it ain't gonna be perfect.

My ego is writing checks that my stroke can't cash.

Old
  (#7)
banditgrrr
AzB Silver Member
banditgrrr has a reputation beyond reputebanditgrrr has a reputation beyond reputebanditgrrr has a reputation beyond reputebanditgrrr has a reputation beyond reputebanditgrrr has a reputation beyond reputebanditgrrr has a reputation beyond reputebanditgrrr has a reputation beyond reputebanditgrrr has a reputation beyond reputebanditgrrr has a reputation beyond reputebanditgrrr has a reputation beyond reputebanditgrrr has a reputation beyond repute

12-21-2015, 06:58 PM

How's that 2nd ball back break working for you on 9 ball? They calling a foul?

Old
  (#8)
Zhero
AzB Silver Member
Zhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond repute

12-21-2015, 07:15 PM

Oh yea im not in a nine-ball league so i forgot about it naturally...but yea i have not been playing nine ball on a bar table so I don't know how it breaks. But i think it would still be okay to break softer than usual..

"The thing with gambling all the time is it desensitizes you to money if I put up a grand for a a match I already look at it like that money is gone. If I start gambling and caring about the money that is on the line then I make bad decisions that will hurt me and potentially lose the match."

Old
  (#9)
justadub
Rattling corners nightly
justadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

12-21-2015, 07:16 PM

If I'm playing someone who I can't count on to make a good effort with the rack, I make it a point to stand near that end of the table, chatting with someone nearby or chalking my cue, so I can take a look at the rack without making a spectacle of it.

If the first three balls aren't good, I'll ask them to fix it. Otherwise I'll leave well enough alone and proceed.

Player: McDermott G203
Break: J & J 2729

"Let's all pile into the sandbagging wahmbulance and talk about it forever and hold each other until the tears dry!" CreeDo

"Just remember to put the troll back under the bridge when you're done playing with him, Dub!" BrokeStroke

Old
  (#10)
Eric.
Club a member
Eric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1225

12-21-2015, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3RAILKICK View Post

You do realize you are debating this stuff with a guy that claims he got into Pool, picked up a cue for the first time and started playing....less that 6 months ago.....right?

Eric

Last edited by Eric.; 12-21-2015 at 08:28 PM.

Old
  (#11)
RichSchultz
AzB Silver Member
RichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond repute

12-22-2015, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric. View Post
You do realize you are debating this stuff with a guy that claims he got into Pool, picked up a cue for the first time and started playing....less that 6 months ago.....right?

Eric
Eric, in a way, he's the most qualified. He's probably read every book and seen every video. Who said anything about actual playing time being of value? Heh heh.

Old
  (#12)
Busboy
Wanna Play Some?
Busboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond repute

12-22-2015, 04:26 AM

I always break from first diamond on short rail and second diamond our on long rail right side hit head ball almost full seems to work for me

Player - Predator
Jump - Custom
Break- Bunji

"Billiards is the well developed art of thinking ahead. Its not only a game, but first and foremost a demanding sport, which requires good stamina, the logical thinking of a chess player, and the stable hand of a concert pianist."

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: