Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Reviews
Reload this Page Balabushka Cues. Are the new ones decent or not

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Balabushka Cues. Are the new ones decent or not
Old
  (#1)
PoolFan101
AzB Silver Member
PoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Balabushka Cues. Are the new ones decent or not - 01-02-2020, 09:57 PM

Hello.

I am looking at a Gb-23. It is a beautiful cue and I had one of the Adams one years ago and regretted selling it as it was a really decent playing cue. I for some reason love the look of them and want to know if the new ones are any good. I have read they are now made in China and most things from there are usually of cheaper quality. I cannot find anyone with any experience with these new ones and was hoping someone would be able to help me to as if they are a good cue or a bad investment. Thanks

Old
  (#2)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

01-03-2020, 08:59 AM

I have no experience with the Chinese made Buskas.
I have heard that the Chinese version is not as good as the Japanese version.
But I have a Chinese made Lucasi cue that is 10 years old and is still straight with a still shiny finish.

The Chinese are capable of making very good cues.

New cue-Schmelke custom Bocote merry widow-still in testing
Playing cue- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey
I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#3)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

01-03-2020, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolFan101 View Post
Hello.

I am looking at a Gb-23. It is a beautiful cue and I had one of the Adams one years ago and regretted selling it as it was a really decent playing cue. I for some reason love the look of them and want to know if the new ones are any good. I have read they are now made in China and most things from there are usually of cheaper quality. I cannot find anyone with any experience with these new ones and was hoping someone would be able to help me to as if they are a good cue or a bad investment. Thanks
I'm fairly sure but not 100% that the new 'bushka copies are made in same factory as Lucasi/Players/Predator in China. While not as nice as the ADAM-Japan versions they look to be well made. IMO they are overpriced just because of the name. For what they ask retail i'd look elsewhere. I'd but a Schon, Mezz, Pechauer myself.

Old
  (#4)
PoolFan101
AzB Silver Member
PoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond repute

01-05-2020, 12:43 PM

Ok Thanks , I would love to find a older japan version , Just to have one back in my collection so to speak. I have been looking at a Joss for a while also . Meucci used to be the go to Cue in this area and I have read since Bob's Daughter took over Production the Quality is not up to par anymore . I played with Bob's Pro line and they were fantastic , but pricey. Thanks for the info .

Old
  (#5)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

01-05-2020, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolFan101 View Post
Ok Thanks , I would love to find a older japan version , Just to have one back in my collection so to speak. I have been looking at a Joss for a while also . Meucci used to be the go to Cue in this area and I have read since Bob's Daughter took over Production the Quality is not up to par anymore . I played with Bob's Pro line and they were fantastic , but pricey. Thanks for the info .
His daughter runs Budget Billiards. Not at the shop anymore. Stick with the basic non-fancy models. Pro shaft plays great. I use a Mezz and am uber impressed with their quality.

Old
  (#6)
deanoc
AzB Silver Member
deanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-07-2020, 08:15 AM

I had one 10 years ago,it was the best one I ever saw

a remake of willie Mosconi's Balabushka

sold it for $600,probably hard to sell
for any more now

I had schon make the same model tribute,now tose are CUES+

i i wish i had one back

Old
  (#7)
JLW
Dunder Mifflin Salesman
JLW has a reputation beyond reputeJLW has a reputation beyond reputeJLW has a reputation beyond reputeJLW has a reputation beyond reputeJLW has a reputation beyond reputeJLW has a reputation beyond reputeJLW has a reputation beyond reputeJLW has a reputation beyond reputeJLW has a reputation beyond reputeJLW has a reputation beyond reputeJLW has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3000

01-12-2020, 08:49 PM

I've got one that's about 20 years old. I still think it's the most beautiful cue I've ever seen. Recently got a low deflection shaft for it, and it still plays great.

I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask where they're going, and hook up with them later- Mitch Hedberg

Old
  (#8)
Ipmtim
AzB Silver Member
Ipmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2020, 09:19 AM

A guy on my team bought one about 9 months ago.
Good looking cue, quality seems decent can't find any defects that stand out and the hit is really nice. They seem pricey but I think that is because of the "bushka" name.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: