Old
  (#76)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

02-16-2020, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I know this thread is a breeding ground for strife, but I did promise to post an update.

It's been way over 100 hours of play since I put the tip on, and have not shaped/worked the tip at all since then, so thought I'd post some pics and my final thoughts.

Here is a higher res pic if you wanted to zoom in a bit:

https://imgur.com/m8mclWD

So... thoughts:

In a nutshell, I see no reason to switch back to leather immediately. The feel of the tip is on the firm side, but not in a bad way. I have the full range of english that was available to me with leather, and think I've maybe miscued twice in the last month, which is similar to what would have occurred if I was using leather. It's possible that I'm chalking more frequently now since I was paranoid of miscues in the beginning, and I may have inadvertently improved my chalking discipline/routine, but I'm not sure.

I'm going to call this one a win. I'll probably go back to leather eventually, but not likely before this tip wears out, and for no real reason other than to be conventional. I was getting a full year of play from my hard milk-dud tips, so I bet this one won't need changing for at least 2 or 3 years.

Unless I discover anything else to add, or get direct questions, I think I'm done with this thread.

Edit: The majority of this test was done using Triangle chalk.
I'm sure water buffalo and pigs everywhere are just tickled shitless. Well, at least until they get whacked to make me some new tips.

Old
  (#77)
jviss
AzB Silver Member
jviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond repute

02-16-2020, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Unless I discover anything else to add, or get direct questions, I think I'm done with this thread.
Did you ever ask her about how she feels about playing on woolen cloth with the vegan tip? Inquiring minds want to know.

p.s. veganism is mental illness

Old
  (#78)
Mick
AzB Silver Member
Mick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond repute

02-16-2020, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jviss View Post
Did you ever ask her about how she feels about playing on woolen cloth with the vegan tip? Inquiring minds want to know.

p.s. veganism is mental illness
No. I don't really see the point in alienating people for no good reason. You be you though.

Old
  (#79)
jviss
AzB Silver Member
jviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond repute

02-16-2020, 06:04 PM

Quote:
No. I don't really see the point in alienating people for no good reason. You be you though.
How did she come to know that the tips were leather? And don't you feel a moral obligation to at least tell her the cloth is wool?

Old
  (#80)
Cornerman
Cue Author...Sometimes
Cornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-16-2020, 06:42 PM

Quote:
A friend of mine was asking me about tips for vegans, and I told her I'd keep my eyes open. After not finding much of anything commercially available, it occurred to me that lexan has similar properties to leather pool tips, so decided to try it.

I came up with this:

For anyone who cares, Lexan is a trade name for polycarbonate. Piku, Hi Impact, and Kamikaze tips are all polycarbonate. I havenít had tests done on Bullet Proof, but I suspect polycarbonate as well.

Freddie <~~~ in plastics we trust

--------

Name: Freddie Agnir
Shooting Cue: 2017 Tascarella (w/blokid extension) or Schuler SC-250
Breaking Cue: BK Rush

Playing time: just a hair above zero
--------

"I don't care if you win, just cover the spread!"

- Annie Potts (Memaw from Young Sheldon)

Page 6 of 6 « First 456

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: