Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue and shaft reviews
Reload this Page My experience with 7 carbon shafts so far
Reply
Page 4 of 5 « First 234 5
 
Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#46)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 7,062
vCash: 500
iTrader: 13 / 93%
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Murica
   
Thumbs up 05-11-2019, 06:51 AM

Have you hit a GoCustoms yet? They get a lot of good press. Great info you provided. VERY much appreciated.
  
Reply With Quote

Old
  (#47)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,496
vCash: 500
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: At the table
   
05-11-2019, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bca8ball View Post
I have seen several posts here and other sites about the different shafts.
Low deflection, taper, hit, sound, feel, etc. Obviously, most of the topics are subjective; what feels best to some, can be hated by others.
I am fine with subjectivity; however, not so much with false statements that can appear to be more of a sales attempt verses actual facts.
Granted, human nature is to prefer (or even brag about) something once we spend our hard earned money on it; however, hitting a few shots with a shaft is not a deflection test.
Telling someone a wood tenon inside a CF shaft with an added ferrule has less deflection then a Revo or Jacoby Black, is a false statement.
Anyone considering the purchase of one of the expensive CF shafts really should test them first.
That said, we all know this isnít always an option, so many potential buyers read statements and reviews.
False statements by retailers/dealers/sellers are things we are all too familiar with...
The propagation of the false statements once we become owners, really does nothing for anyone else.
OkÖ Thatís my rant
Your thoughts are spot on and in line with mine and pretty much everything I've ever said about "all" of the CF shafts to date.

I've played with every brand so far and your description of the hit/feel/sound VS pure performance is very accurate.

A very simple way to tell a less than experienced person is the same thing I said before:

If your worries are about deflection and performance and you DON'T CARE about feel, the hit, the sound....etc...etc.....well, the revo is a CLEAR winner over the rest.

If your not worried about a little to a lot of deflection but YOU ARE concerned about the hit, feel, sound etc...etc......well, pretty much any of the other brands will meet your needs.

Again, your post was very accurate.

It seems that some people don't like WATER but love H2O.

Good post!


If I had money, I would probably lose a lot......... inspired by PT
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#48)
gregnice37
Bar Banger, Cue Collector
gregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond repute
 
gregnice37's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,079
vCash: 500
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: East Coast
   
05-11-2019, 10:45 PM

I believe at this point the only CF I haven't tried yet is the Go Customs, Mezz Ignite and the Pechauer Rogue.

The only one I've absolutely hated and sold away is the Cynergy. I still own 2 Revo 12.4mm, Rush, Becue Prime M 12.0mm, Meucci Pro 12.25mm 30" and the Jacoby Black. As much as I'm used to the all now, I think that I'll always play a little better and enjoy the Revo the most. I feel most confident with it and the sound and feel doesn't matter one bit to me. I believe that I'm so used to the no ferrule look and feel so much with the Revo that the ferrule, no matter the size or material, on the others doesn't feel as good as the Revo. I've won matches and tourney's with them all but the Revo keeps rising to the top for my likes and preferences.

On a side note, must be said that my back is so bad the past 24years and it gets worse year by year, that my break suffers a lot. Ever since I got the rush, it's made breaking so much easier with results. The energy transfer is nuts and the results are phenomenal. Mind you, I only play 8 ball of a bar box, but every single person I play fears that any rack I have a good chance of snapping the 8 in.


  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#49)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,496
vCash: 500
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: At the table
   
05-11-2019, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregnice37 View Post
I believe at this point the only CF I haven't tried yet is the Go Customs, Mezz Ignite and the Pechauer Rogue.

The only one I've absolutely hated and sold away is the Cynergy. I still own 2 Revo 12.4mm, Rush, Becue Prime M 12.0mm, Meucci Pro 12.25mm 30" and the Jacoby Black. As much as I'm used to the all now, I think that I'll always play a little better and enjoy the Revo the most. I feel most confident with it and the sound and feel doesn't matter one bit to me. I believe that I'm so used to the no ferrule look and feel so much with the Revo that the ferrule, no matter the size or material, on the others doesn't feel as good as the Revo. I've won matches and tourney's with them all but the Revo keeps rising to the top for my likes and preferences.

On a side note, must be said that my back is so bad the past 24years and it gets worse year by year, that my break suffers a lot. Ever since I got the rush, it's made breaking so much easier with results. The energy transfer is nuts and the results are phenomenal. Mind you, I only play 8 ball of a bar box, but every single person I play fears that any rack I have a good chance of snapping the 8 in.
The Rush helped my break as well.

I've always had a faster than average 10 ball break of 22 to 24 mph with most any break cue but, with the rush I can "ease up" a bit and gain even more control while not losing any speed.

I can hit as high as 29ish mph with the rush but...lol....the CB may end up in the parking lot. Even with the rush I'm not really comfortable getting past 25ish mph but around 24ish MPH, well...I feel extremely comfortable with it.

Like you said:

Energy transfer is nuts with it.


If I had money, I would probably lose a lot......... inspired by PT
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#50)
S.Vaskovskyi
AzB Silver Member
S.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 425
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Kiev
   
05-14-2019, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
I recently tried a BeCue and i hated the finish. Way too sticky/tacky feeling. You have to use a glove with these. Finish on a Revo is unbelievably slick.
Honestly I'm curious if c.f.shafts manufacturers actually use a finish on a playing area of the shaft and if they do my question is why? I had some experience with carbon fiber designing some elements in carbon fiber in my car. Once the element was ready on the finish stage after wet sanding it has matte surface with good feeling on touch and the clear coat afterwards is applied only for the look. So I believe c.f. shafts should have a good feeling similar to all without any finish on the playing area. I just don't see a purpose of a finish there. It's not like in case with the wood to seal it ...it's not a porous material.
I've tried Revo...now I have a student who bought Cuetec Cynergy shaft during his business trip to USA recently and he asked me to test the shaft to know my opinion about it. So I have as much time as I want to test it even on my 31" butt (I have the same joint). I can tell I felt the difference in feeling too. The Revo was more slick especially on shots a closed bridge was used. Cynergy is still ok but the difference is definitely there...
It will be so fun if there's no secret formula for the best finish out there and the winner is one who just does not use any finish)


Playing cue: 62" full spliced player I''ve built for myself
Break cue: made by myself

"Live and learn...and have fun"

Last edited by S.Vaskovskyi; 05-14-2019 at 05:09 AM.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#51)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 7,062
vCash: 500
iTrader: 13 / 93%
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Murica
   
05-14-2019, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Vaskovskyi View Post
Honestly I'm curious if c.f.shafts manufacturers actually use a finish on a playing area of the shaft and if they do my question is why? I had some experience with carbon fiber designing some elements in carbon fiber in my car. Once the element was ready on the finish stage after wet sanding it has matte surface with good feeling on touch and the clear coat afterwards is applied only for the look. So I believe c.f. shafts should have a good feeling similar to all without any finish on the playing area. I just don't see a purpose of a finish there. It's not like in case with the wood to seal it ...it's not a porous material.
I've tried Revo...now I have a student who bought Cuetec Cynergy shaft during his business trip to USA recently and he asked me to test the shaft to know my opinion about it. So I have as much time as I want to test it even on my 31" butt (I have the same joint). I can tell I felt the difference in feeling too. The Revo was more slick especially on shots a closed bridge was used. Cynergy is still ok but the difference is definitely there...
It will be so fun if there's no secret formula for the best finish out there and the winner is one who just does not use any finish)
Totally agree. I've only hit the Revo and BeCue M. The Revo is waaaaay better than the BC. Played better, sounded better and is way slicker. IF i ever get a cf shaft it will be in the 12.75-12.9mm range. I'd like to hit the GoCustom. Been hearing a lot of good things about their newest shaft. That and the upcoming Pechauer.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#52)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,496
vCash: 500
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: At the table
   
05-14-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
Totally agree. I've only hit the Revo and BeCue M. The Revo is waaaaay better than the BC. Played better, sounded better and is way slicker. IF i ever get a cf shaft it will be in the 12.75-12.9mm range. I'd like to hit the GoCustom. Been hearing a lot of good things about their newest shaft. That and the upcoming Pechauer.
Garczar:

I cannot say I've hit / played with the pechauer Rogue but, I've went out of my way to play extensively with pretty much every "production" carbon fiber shaft to date, not to mention, most of the custom CF shafts such as the GoCustom shaft.

I've got well over 1400 hours on table with the various CF shafts. I've got the hours broke down into which shaft, what table, what cloth, brand of balls, which cue ball, weather conditions....etc...etc..yep, very detailed. I did it that way for obvious reasons.

As for the Go shaft: It was at the time, a prototype so, its taper, weight, balance was a little different than most gocustom you would see today.

The Gocustom prototype I hit with was a 12.9 with a very short white ferrule and was extremely comfortably tapered for people that use a closed bridge and because it weighed 4.5 ounces, it was wonderfully balanced so, it made shooting with an open bridge a complete pleasure. The hit, feel, sound (tip/ferrule applies here).... was also a pleasure. It had a g2 soft on it that was cut down and in its prime so, take the feel/sound with a grain of salt as it will rely heavily on the a person's tip/ferrule preference.

To me, when tracking the "cues" performance as in deflection, stiffness etc..etc..well, it was second only to the revo. It IMO, "hit, sounded, felt....etc...etc".. better than the mezz, becue, cuetec and all other CF shaft but, personally I don't care about that part. All I care about is "performance" and its performance was just a bit behind revo but ahead of the rest BUT, it had the "feel, sound"....etc...etc.. that some people seem to need.

So, for people that, for whatever reason care about how the cue sounds, feels....etc..etc....well, they will have to either give a "little" to a "lot" of performance up in trade for the "sound" etc...etc... or hold off and wait till someone comes out with a CF shaft that "has it all".

I've got my hope's up for the pechauer Rogue. If pechauer doesn't end up meeting the "feel, sound...etc..etc" needs while keeping performance on par with the revo or at least closer than others have come, well, I'm afraid that it will always be one or the other:

Performance (measured deflection and energy transfer)

VS

mental (sound, feel) things that mean absolutely nothing to the cue ball.


If I had money, I would probably lose a lot......... inspired by PT
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#53)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 7,062
vCash: 500
iTrader: 13 / 93%
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Murica
   
Thumbs up 05-15-2019, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrctherake View Post
Garczar:

I cannot say I've hit / played with the pechauer Rogue but, I've went out of my way to play extensively with pretty much every "production" carbon fiber shaft to date, not to mention, most of the custom CF shafts such as the GoCustom shaft.

I've got well over 1400 hours on table with the various CF shafts. I've got the hours broke down into which shaft, what table, what cloth, brand of balls, which cue ball, weather conditions....etc...etc..yep, very detailed. I did it that way for obvious reasons.

As for the Go shaft: It was at the time, a prototype so, its taper, weight, balance was a little different than most gocustom you would see today.

The Gocustom prototype I hit with was a 12.9 with a very short white ferrule and was extremely comfortably tapered for people that use a closed bridge and because it weighed 4.5 ounces, it was wonderfully balanced so, it made shooting with an open bridge a complete pleasure. The hit, feel, sound (tip/ferrule applies here).... was also a pleasure. It had a g2 soft on it that was cut down and in its prime so, take the feel/sound with a grain of salt as it will rely heavily on the a person's tip/ferrule preference.

To me, when tracking the "cues" performance as in deflection, stiffness etc..etc..well, it was second only to the revo. It IMO, "hit, sounded, felt....etc...etc".. better than the mezz, becue, cuetec and all other CF shaft but, personally I don't care about that part. All I care about is "performance" and its performance was just a bit behind revo but ahead of the rest BUT, it had the "feel, sound"....etc...etc.. that some people seem to need.

So, for people that, for whatever reason care about how the cue sounds, feels....etc..etc....well, they will have to either give a "little" to a "lot" of performance up in trade for the "sound" etc...etc... or hold off and wait till someone comes out with a CF shaft that "has it all".

I've got my hope's up for the pechauer Rogue. If pechauer doesn't end up meeting the "feel, sound...etc..etc" needs while keeping performance on par with the revo or at least closer than others have come, well, I'm afraid that it will always be one or the other:

Performance (measured deflection and energy transfer)

VS

mental (sound, feel) things that mean absolutely nothing to the cue ball.
Thanks. Good info.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#54)
Klink
AzB Silver Member
Klink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond repute
 
Klink's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,375
vCash: 600
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Southeast
   
05-17-2019, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Vaskovskyi View Post
Honestly I'm curious if c.f.shafts manufacturers actually use a finish on a playing area of the shaft and if they do my question is why? I had some experience with carbon fiber designing some elements in carbon fiber in my car. Once the element was ready on the finish stage after wet sanding it has matte surface with good feeling on touch and the clear coat afterwards is applied only for the look. So I believe c.f. shafts should have a good feeling similar to all without any finish on the playing area. I just don't see a purpose of a finish there. It's not like in case with the wood to seal it ...it's not a porous material.
I've tried Revo...now I have a student who bought Cuetec Cynergy shaft during his business trip to USA recently and he asked me to test the shaft to know my opinion about it. So I have as much time as I want to test it even on my 31" butt (I have the same joint). I can tell I felt the difference in feeling too. The Revo was more slick especially on shots a closed bridge was used. Cynergy is still ok but the difference is definitely there...
It will be so fun if there's no secret formula for the best finish out there and the winner is one who just does not use any finish)


I have tried the Revo, Becue and Jacoby. None of them have the feel or sound of my regular wood shaft.

Iím going to order the new Mezz tomorrow.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#55)
S.Vaskovskyi
AzB Silver Member
S.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 425
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Kiev
   
05-18-2019, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klink View Post
I have tried the Revo, Becue and Jacoby. None of them have the feel or sound of my regular wood shaft.

I’m going to order the new Mezz tomorrow.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If you mean their Ignite shaft than I can tell I've heard only good reviews about it from the players. I had not possibility to try it yet but I tend to believe it's a really good one. I'm looking forward to have my first experience with Becue in the length I'm comfortable to play with. After having some practice time with Cuetec Cynergy I can say it's also a good shaft and to tell the truth it performs better than I expected. Having such a long pro-taper it is still fairly stiff what I like. When it comes to the deflection ...yes it has definitely more of it in comparison with Revo 12.9 but it was very easy for me to get used to it after my wooden regular LD shaft and my shaft's deflection is somewhere very close to a standard 314-2. I see and feel the pros of c.f. shafts and I really enjoy making certain shots with it like let's say to stun the CB when the angle is very small and make it move much more effortless with more accuracy. Every shaft out there has its own pros and it's good to have more options to choose from. Everyone is free to choose what works better for him and there will be always much more important things in the whole picture than...but why not having fun playing this game?)


Playing cue: 62" full spliced player I''ve built for myself
Break cue: made by myself

"Live and learn...and have fun"

Last edited by S.Vaskovskyi; 05-18-2019 at 01:17 PM.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#56)
highkarate
AzB Silver Member
highkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond repute
 
highkarate's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 528
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Santa Monica, CA
   
05-21-2019, 11:04 AM

I pre-ordered a mezz ignite with the intent of selling it. It hits so good that I had to keep it and now it's my full time playing shaft. Way better feel than a revo (hit with a revo just a few times to be fair) and probably even a better hit than most other LD shafts I've ever played with. Taper is good, 12.2 diameter took a little getting used to but I like it now. Swapped the Zan M to a softer tip and it really plays great


thats just like, your opinion man
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#57)
CaptainPots
AzB Bronze Member
CaptainPots has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainPots has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainPots has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainPots has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainPots has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainPots has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainPots has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainPots has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainPots has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainPots has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainPots has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2017
   
05-21-2019, 06:52 PM

How would you describe the differences between Ignite and Revo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by highkarate View Post
I pre-ordered a mezz ignite with the intent of selling it. It hits so good that I had to keep it and now it's my full time playing shaft. Way better feel than a revo (hit with a revo just a few times to be fair) and probably even a better hit than most other LD shafts I've ever played with. Taper is good, 12.2 diameter took a little getting used to but I like it now. Swapped the Zan M to a softer tip and it really plays great
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#58)
bbb
AzB Gold Member
bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 6,505
vCash: 1700
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: Mar 2008
   
05-22-2019, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highkarate View Post
I pre-ordered a mezz ignite with the intent of selling it. It hits so good that I had to keep it and now it's my full time playing shaft. Way better feel than a revo (hit with a revo just a few times to be fair) and probably even a better hit than most other LD shafts I've ever played with. Taper is good, 12.2 diameter took a little getting used to but I like it now. Swapped the Zan M to a softer tip and it really plays great
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPots View Post
How would you describe the differences between Ignite and Revo?
while you are at it
could you compare its deflection vs the wx700 and wx900
thanks
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#59)
highkarate
AzB Silver Member
highkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond repute
 
highkarate's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 528
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Santa Monica, CA
   
05-22-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPots View Post
How would you describe the differences between Ignite and Revo?
The biggest difference for me was in the quality of the hit. The mezz just gives better feedback, has a better sound, doesn't feel pingy, etc. Other than that they are probably very similar in terms of deflection, energy transfer, all that stuff. Mezz cue has a ferrule, revo doesn't. Lack of a ferrule wouldn't bother me but I know some folks complain about it. My ignite is a wavy pin, so it's wood to wood. I have not hit with the united pin nor with a steel joint,but I imagine the hit would be too firm for my liking. Ignite shaft with wavy joint and soft tip is the nuts for me.


thats just like, your opinion man
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#60)
highkarate
AzB Silver Member
highkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond repute
 
highkarate's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 528
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Santa Monica, CA
   
05-22-2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
while you are at it
could you compare its deflection vs the wx700 and wx900
thanks
I don't have a ton of experience with those 2 shafts, but what I will say is this: all the super LD shafts and carbon fiber shafts are going to have close to the same amount of deflection. The 700 has noticeably more because it's constructed to be kind of a hybrid between a maple shaft and an LD shaft. The ignite has pretty much the same amount of deflection as my hybrid pro 2. Probably slightly more deflection than the revo. I've never really hit with a 900 to be fair so I can't compare it specifically. I play the majority of my pool on Gold Crowns with sub 4" pockets, so accuracy is important and any really significant change in deflection would cause me to have to make major aiming adjustments. I can pretty much aim the same with a hybrid pro 2, a revo, or the ignite just with some minor adjustments. Any shaft you switch to is going to require some minor adjustments. I would worry less about the minuscule difference in deflection and more about the feel, as that will be your real long-term friend in any cue. Just my 2 cents


thats just like, your opinion man
  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 4 of 5 « First 234 5

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.