AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Talk To A Mechanic
Reload this Page Anniversary D-C part I have never seen.

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Anniversary D-C part I have never seen.
Old
  (#1)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Anniversary D-C part I have never seen. - 05-15-2019, 09:28 AM

Working on a Model D-C Anniversary and have never seen these types of casting mounting brackets:

Also, the customers name was stenciled on the top of the short end of the frame. Never seen that either, pretty cool!

Trent from Toledo

Old
  (#2)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

05-15-2019, 10:25 AM

The big question is will it bank better than an American Heritage with goldenwest rubber?

Old
  (#3)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

05-15-2019, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyInCali View Post
The big question is will it bank better than an American Heritage with goldenwest rubber?

Thanks for the comic relief Joey!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just done with cutting the rubber 141 corners an 102 sides. Pocket facings next. Client found this GEM on his own for a STEAL $850 plus time and cost going to get it. It has only been recovered 2 times in its whole life. All the screws on the figure 8 plates & casting mounting brackets are all solid. Absolute pleasure to work on this project with my client. He is doing all the grunt work in his spare time and doing an excellent job! He is an avid player and will enjoy the table even more since he has put a bunch of sweat into it himself. Polished the castings the other day and they are BLINGING!!!! they were in mint condition as well. Looking forward to getting this one done and pictures up on the facebook!

Trent from Toledo

Old
  (#4)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member
rexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 542

05-15-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyInCali View Post
LMAO! Gold!

"What 'aint no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

Old
  (#5)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member
rexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 542

05-15-2019, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentfromtoledo View Post
Looking forward to getting this one done and pictures up on the facebook!

Trent from Toledo
No pics here? Seems like a great find!

"What 'aint no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

Old
  (#6)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

05-15-2019, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Working on a Model D-C Anniversary and have never seen these types of casting mounting brackets:

Also, the customers name was stenciled on the top of the short end of the frame. Never seen that either, pretty cool!

Trent from Toledo
That's a homemade casting anchor, someone probably lost the original T-brackets, you can see they were originally cut out for them.

Old
  (#7)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

05-15-2019, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
That's a homemade casting anchor, someone probably lost the original T-brackets, you can see they were originally cut out for them.
Hey Glen!

They all are that way accept for
one rail and it had the original
t -strap style. I think it was an
early model D-C. As I mentioned
the customers name was stenciled
on the top of one of the end frame
sills. Also the castings are weird and
I have seen this part before.
I have seen much worse examples
than these that were welded terribly.
As you can see they used C-I castings
and modified them to mount into the
weird brackets:

Old
  (#8)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

05-15-2019, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexus31 View Post
No pics here? Seems like a great find!
Will post pics when it is done! It was a score. Client searched high and low. He was rewarded for being so patient!

Trent from Toledo

Old
  (#9)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

05-15-2019, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Will post pics when it is done! It was a score. Client searched high and low. He was rewarded for being so patient!

Trent from Toledo
They can't ALL be like that...if one rail is DIFFERENT!

Old
  (#10)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

05-15-2019, 07:22 PM

its weird for sure. Like I said, I will pull one off an snap a pic of what is under there. will tell the tale i bet!

Trent

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: