DukeofDBQ

cannonball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We lost my father on 8/5/16. He loved pool, pool cues, and AZB. He spent a lot of time on here and really enjoyed the beauty of custom cues. For those of you who knew him, you know what a special man he was. He will be forever missed.

His obituary can be found here:

http://www.richardsonfuneralhome.org/notices/Robert-Hoppmann

IMG_0264_zps5qbbttnu.jpg

Last edited:

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I barely knew your father as I only met him in the past year, but it was clear he was an asset to the world of billiards and I was sad to hear of his passing.

My sincere condolences to you and the rest of his family. May he RIP.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
This is a quick note to let the world know Bob is certainly not forgotten,
and discussed/remembered by friends on a regular basis..
Carrol, Justin and the entire family, remain in our thoughts.

Will Prout

Last edited:

elephantlee

Registered
I was shocked when I heard this last year. When I was in Tucson 4 years ago, I paid a visit to your lovely home and met Bob. At that time I was a foreign graduate student and I'm still grateful that Bob showed me some of his collection and gave me a big welcome. I still have his number in my phone when I came back to China. That afternoon in his pool room will be in my memory forever and may him rest in peace.
Best wishes to your family.

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry to hear of Bob's passing. I had a few emails with him about 10 years ago and I believe I sold him a cue too. He had such great enthusiasm for pool and cues. I think at the time he was excited about taking delivery of a new Dennis Searing cue.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
We lost my father on 8/5/16. He loved pool, pool cues, and AZB. He spent a lot of time on here and really enjoyed the beauty of custom cues. For those of you who knew him, you know what a special man he was. He will be forever missed.

His obituary can be found here:

http://www.richardsonfuneralhome.org/notices/Robert-Hoppmann

IMG_0264_zps5qbbttnu.jpg

One of my favorite people. Ever. Same goes with Carrol.
You had two of the nicest people for parents that Rhoda and I ever met.
We both speak of them often.

Will Prout