Wood Case

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not a review just showing the work of my friends son. Nick is pool enthusiast and talented woodworker. This is his debut case he made for himself. Not finished... a leather handle is on order. Woodworking is Nick's hobby. The case is not for sale. Not sure if he is going to make/sell custom cases. I hope he does. I want one. It is a beautiful presentation or carrying case.

Attachments

• IMG_1753.jpg
    IMG_1753.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 1,053
  • IMG_1754 (1).jpg
    IMG_1754 (1).jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 1,073
  • IMG_1755.jpg
    IMG_1755.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,048
Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cool presentation case, I love the joinery.

But I wouldn't use a case that holds the cue that way as a carry case. I would prefer a fully lined and padded interior.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Cool presentation case, I love the joinery.

But I wouldn't use a case that holds the cue that way as a carry case. I would prefer a fully lined and padded interior.

I agree. Would like to see a plush fully padded interior. It’s his first case. If he continues to make them I’ll suggest it to him. He’s young and learning. More interested in furniture. Also won an award for constructing a guitar.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To really boost his game if he does another cue case, I would suggest hiding the hinges instead of mounting them on the outside like that.

In fact I would suggest a piano hinge.

He certainly has the wood working skills. :thumbup::thumbup:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
To really boost his game if he does another cue case, I would suggest hiding the hinges instead of mounting them on the outside like that.

In fact I would suggest a piano hinge.

He certainly has the wood working skills. :thumbup::thumbup:

Brass corners go also.

thoffen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there decent interest in wooden cue cases? Something I've thought of making. Might prototype one for myself out of pine. It can actually be pretty striking and lightweight which I think is important. Maybe do inset foam on both halves with a foam strip in the middle. Could also make a box that opens like a traditional leather case. And add a lined compartment with hinges to store odds and ends. Maybe cut notches in the foam so you could put dividers to keep things from rattling around since there won't be the tension of leather holding things more or less in place.