Pre-2000 Tournaments

Lee Vilenski

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Hi all,

My name is Edward and I do a lot of editing on Wikipedia articles. I am attempting to do some work on the World Pool Championships, starting with the WPA 9-ball championships, which I have created a few entries for already. I am looking for any resources I can get regarding these tournaments (And, then afterwards the 8-ball championships).

However, I have been unable to find any information for the early years of the competitions (From 1990 - 1999). I'm assuming a lot of this is because it's not online, and likely only in print magazines, etc. Does anyone have any brackets, or news sources from these dates? Azbilliards has been great for getting news articles for some of the more modern tournaments, but I am drawing a blank for some of these events.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - If you happen to be on wikipedia, and see a mistake, or know of a source to add to articles I've already created, let me know!

Best Wishes,
Edward

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all,

My name is Edward and I do a lot of editing on Wikipedia articles. I am attempting to do some work on the World Pool Championships, starting with the WPA 9-ball championships, which I have created a few entries for already. I am looking for any resources I can get regarding these tournaments (And, then afterwards the 8-ball championships).

However, I have been unable to find any information for the early years of the competitions (From 1990 - 1999). I'm assuming a lot of this is because it's not online, and likely only in print magazines, etc. Does anyone have any brackets, or news sources from these dates? Azbilliards has been great for getting news articles for some of the more modern tournaments, but I am drawing a blank for some of these events.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - If you happen to be on wikipedia, and see a mistake, or know of a source to add to articles I've already created, let me know!

Best Wishes,
Edward
I'd contact the WPA directly and also Matchroom.

jrjones60

Lee...If you're interested in tournaments in the early '60's up to 1972, do a search for Johnston City, Illinois pool tournament or George Jansco tournament in Johnston City, Illinois. George and his brother Paulie had a great tournament during those years...Hope this helps...