CPBA Worsted Cloth, Cheaper alternative to simonis

Bryce1552

Registered
Just a tip I recently purchased an oversized 8 AE Schmidt pool table and finished my basement to accommodate it and after the remodel I was left kind of on a budget but the original felt was really worn out ( I purchased the table used ) so I checked amazon and found this

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JGB9X5Y?ref_=pe_1811570_136791410_E_Asin_Title

I took a chance and ordered it after seeing it was apparently used in the china 9 ball open I figured if its good enough for them its good enough for a complete novice, my local pool hall/bar with diamond tables has 860 on it and this seems to play a bit faster but its certainly new and after taking care to trim a few strings it installed easily and stretched fairly similar to simonis according to my installer with a little bit more give.

I've only had the chance to bang around a few dozen balls on it but initial impressions are good and the tournament blue color really is great. I understand simonis is the world class standard but if you're looking for cloth with no nap that plays fast this is a great alternative at less than half the price!

Might be worth a shot next time you recover your table it certainly feels and plays a lot better than the championship cloth my installer was trying to pitch me for same price

word of advice I'd make sure you tell them you dont want there logo on your rails or they'll print it across the rail strips.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a tip I recently purchased an oversized 8 AE Schmidt pool table and finished my basement to accommodate it and after the remodel I was left kind of on a budget but the original felt was really worn out ( I purchased the table used ) so I checked amazon and found this

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JGB9X5Y?ref_=pe_1811570_136791410_E_Asin_Title

I took a chance and ordered it after seeing it was apparently used in the china 9 ball open I figured if its good enough for them its good enough for a complete novice, my local pool hall/bar with diamond tables has 860 on it and this seems to play a bit faster but its certainly new and after taking care to trim a few strings it installed easily and stretched fairly similar to simonis according to my installer with a little bit more give.

I've only had the chance to bang around a few dozen balls on it but initial impressions are good and the tournament blue color really is great. I understand simonis is the world class standard but if you're looking for cloth with no nap that plays fast this is a great alternative at less than half the price!

Might be worth a shot next time you recover your table it certainly feels and plays a lot better than the championship cloth my installer was trying to pitch me for same price

word of advice I'd make sure you tell them you dont want there logo on your rails or they'll print it across the rail strips.
Any long-term reviews out there? Curious as to how it holds up to commercial-level play volume. In a house it probably last a long time i'm sure.

oldschool1478

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I installed this cloth in Tournament Blue 1/10/2019, so not long term.

I followed the stretching instructions RKC recommends for Simonis 860HR.

This was my third recover. The first was Simonis 860, the second was Simonis 760, and I feel this is about the same speed as 860HR.
Faster than the 860, and a hair slower than the 760.

The 760 burn marks were like chicken pox. The CPBA marks are hardly visible.

I am so far very impressed with this cloth, and would not hesitate to recommend it to any serious player.
At about half the price of Simonis, you can't beat it for value.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This was my third recover. The first was Simonis 860, the second was Simonis 760, and I feel this is about the same speed as 860HR.

I am so far very impressed with this cloth, and would not hesitate to recommend it to any serious player.
Thanks for the feedback.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member

Pool room I service is going to try it out on all the bar boxes and one Diamond. Good to hear it is a solid product.

Trent from Toledo

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Just got enough to do 12 valleys & 1 9' Diamond. Also am setting 2 Diamonds up, one with Simonis and one with CPBA to compare the wear and tear. Will update as I get more data.

Trent from Toledo

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Got 4 tables done with the CPBA. It installed great and plays great! Now time will tell the rest.

Trent from Toledo

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Yesterday we finished up the 12 Valleys @ MissCue South here in Toledo. Removed 30 years of different adhesives, none of them had ever been stripped.... We use RKC250 for all our glue down installations.
We did the first set of 4 a week ago and there are barely any visible burn marks. Stretch is proper and tight. So far so good. Loving this product so far.

Trent from Toledo

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member

Attachments

• 065DB715-0C78-41A8-9B99-57F91AB9A3BA.jpeg
    065DB715-0C78-41A8-9B99-57F91AB9A3BA.jpeg
    28.2 KB · Views: 847
  • AAEEF4A4-AE81-461A-8821-C26DC41A0F41.jpeg
    AAEEF4A4-AE81-461A-8821-C26DC41A0F41.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 875
Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Update!

So far this cloth is a very good product! The cloth is on the 12 Valleys an kickin ass!

Anyone who wants to order some, I will be the new MidWest Distributor for CPBA SOON!

Trent from Toledo

P.s. We just installed it next to another Diamond with brand new Simonis on it, putting it to the real test!!

SpotOn

Registered
I just got done having CPBA installed on my 8' table. Love the cloth and the speed. My installer was impressed with the product and the cost. He said he might make it is go-to product moving forward.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I just got done having CPBA installed on my 8' table. Love the cloth and the speed. My installer was impressed with the product and the cost. He said he might make it is go-to product moving forward.

Testing it on 12 valleys and 2 diamonds right now. I already have mid-west distribution set up with CPBA, we are going to rebrand it as our house brand. Price and Quality are there. Especially for the room owner that is going to replace annually.

Trent from Toledo:thumbup:

rsmith_1972

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Grades

Trent,

What are the grades of the product and what are their comparison to?

Ie professional = hr 860 etc?

V/r
Richard

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I compare it to 860. Color is not the same of course.

Trent

Have it on 12 tables in a BUSY Pool Hall since August and the CPBA is very comparable to Simonis 860. Plays fast and has shown to wear the same to! :thumbup:

Trent from Toledo

Last edited: