Bar Box Table Move Quote

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Just got off the phone with a “Professional Table Mover”.
I was asking them how much to move a Valley 7’ Table, 32 Miles.
No stairs, out one door, into one door.

I just needed it moved. No setup, no leveling, no cloth.
I just needed it brought into my house and placed in my den.

He thought about for a moment.....
He said “you just want us to leave it all apart?”
I said there’s not that much.....just the trim, cushions and slate and that yes, just leave the trim and cushions off when delivered.

He said what about the rails? We would have to remove the rails when moving the table.
I said no, it’s a Valley Bar Box so you just have to lift out the slate after you remove the trim and cushions.
He stopped me half way thru my answer to say, “no...we have to disassemble the table to move it.”

I thanked him for his $450 quote and politely hung up.
I wanted to ask him what the full install would have cost?
$900? $1,200?
For a 7’ Bar Box?

It’s hard to find competent, knowledgeable, trustworthy Table Mechanics.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

I said there’s not that much.....just the trim, cushions and slate and that yes, just leave the trim and cushions off when delivered.

He said what about the rails? We would have to remove the rails when moving the table.
I said no, it’s a Valley Bar Box so you just have to lift out the slate after you remove the trim and cushions.
He stopped me half way thru my answer to say, “no...we have to disassemble the table to move it.”

$900? $1,200?
For a 7’ Bar Box?

Here's the problem with your choice of who to call. First off, pool table retail stores, and so called pool table movers and experts, for the .most part don't deal with the commercial pool table industry, because its 99% vendor supported. So, there was no way your expectations were going to be met.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

$900? $1,200?
For a 7’ Bar Box?

I moved a valley bar box myself with some buddies to save money. $450 seems really cheap to me. I wouldn't do it for that much even if I had the truck, help and equipment to do it professionally.

You have to consider that he has insurance, labor costs, truck costs, equipment costs and time. And when you pay for his time, you're not paying for how difficult your move is, you are paying for whatever other job he could be doing instead of yours.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I moved a valley bar box myself with some buddies to save money. $450 seems really cheap to me. I wouldn't do it for that much even if I had the truck, help and equipment to do it professionally.

You have to consider that he has insurance, labor costs, truck costs, equipment costs and time. And when you pay for his time, you're not paying for how difficult your move is, you are paying for whatever other job he could be doing instead of yours.

FINALLY!!!!! SOME ONE WHO REALLY REALLY GETS IT!!!!

No stairs, sure, I will reluctantly do it for a friend or business associate.

The risk simply is not worth the reward.

Thanks for pointing out all of the OBVIOUS FACTS Sixpack!!! This should be "pinned" to the top of the forum! Have a great day everyone!

Trent from Toledo

"It’s hard to find competent, knowledgeable, trustworthy Table Mechanics." YEAH BECAUSE YOU ARE CHEAP!

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member

$900? $1,200?
For a 7’ Bar Box?

Question for you, why does the Valley bar table have to be taken apart to move it?

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Question for you, why does the Valley bar table have to be taken apart to move it?

The “pool table mover” said he needed to take the “rails off” and take the table apart, to move it.

I know a Bar Box can be moved with the slate, but....
It’s just lighter to remove the trim, cushions and slate to make the move easier.

It’s really easy if you have a dolly cart made for just for tilting, moving, storing bar boxes.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
The “pool table mover” said he needed to take the “rails off” and take the table apart, to move it.

It’s just lighter to remove the trim, cushions and slate to make the move easier.

It’s really easy if you have a dolly cart made for just for tilting, moving, storing bar boxes.

Ok, then I'd have charged you $250 and moved it by myself, and been done in about 90 minutes.

PS, that's if you were within my service area.

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
FINALLY!!!!! SOME ONE WHO REALLY REALLY GETS IT!!!!

No stairs, sure, I will reluctantly do it for a friend or business associate.

The risk simply is not worth the reward.

Thanks for pointing out all of the OBVIOUS FACTS Sixpack!!! This should be "pinned" to the top of the forum! Have a great day everyone!

Trent from Toledo

"It’s hard to find competent, knowledgeable, trustworthy Table Mechanics." YEAH BECAUSE YOU ARE CHEAP!

$450 is the price someone charges when they DON'T know what they're doing!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Paying someone to move a 7ft Valley only happens when the owner don't know what HE'S doing🤣

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member

At the end of the day, how "Easy" it is does not dictate the cost of doing it. There are many "things" that could go down and could equal someone getting hurt or property damaged. Back to the risk vs. reward thing: I would rather be working on something I WANT TO WORK ON, that I make a better profit margin on and not some piece of crap that could cost me pain and money...

Trent from Toledo

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$450 is the price someone charges when they DON'T know what they're doing!!

If you are doing it all the time and have it down to a science, sure, there is a lot of profit in $450. The guys who set up the tables in Vegas do it a lot cheaper per table I'm sure. But then you have fixed costs and economies of scale you can take advantage of.

Same thing if it's what you do and all you do. Then yeah, move another table no big deal, pick up the revenue. If someone is moving it as part of recovering it and getting the revenue from that. Sure.

A one-off service call type of move, no way. Not worth it for a business like a pool table and patio furniture shop to do it for less than that unless they are really short on things to do.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
If you are doing it all the time and have it down to a science, sure, there is a lot of profit in $450. The guys who set up the tables in Vegas do it a lot cheaper per table I'm sure. But then you have fixed costs and economies of scale you can take advantage of.

Same thing if it's what you do and all you do. Then yeah, move another table no big deal, pick up the revenue. If someone is moving it as part of recovering it and getting the revenue from that. Sure.

A one-off service call type of move, no way. Not worth it for a business like a pool table and patio furniture shop to do it for less than that unless they are really short on things to do.

There's two sides to this industry, the commercial side, and the home table, residential side. But, there are very few table mechanics that are proficient in both, I happen to work on both sides of the fence, and in 38 years, have never been hurt. As far as profitable goes, no one in the residential industry makes money as easy as it is to move a 7ft Valley 34 miles, flipping it into a cart, loading it in a truck, transporting it to the next location, then flipping it out of the cart and leveling it....it's so easy it's almost like stealing the customers money, but I don't have to figure out how to do that, like almost everyone else.does who don't work on the commercial side of this business for a living.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's two sides to this industry, the commercial side, and the home table, residential side. But, there are very few table mechanics that are proficient in both, I happen to work on both sides of the fence, and in 38 years, have never been hurt. As far as profitable goes, no one in the residential industry makes money as easy as it is to move a 7ft Valley 34 miles, flipping it into a cart, loading it in a truck, transporting it to the next location, then flipping it out of the cart and leveling it....it's so easy it's almost like stealing the customers money, but I don't have to figure out how to do that, like almost everyone else.does who don't work on the commercial side of this business for a living.

We are in violent agreement on this.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
I need to rent one of these......

The Mini Mover pool table mover adjusts to fit snugly onto the side of a coin op or bar style pool table. Center the pool table mini mover with the center pocket and then tip the pool table over onto the Mini-Mover and easily roll the pool table wherever you desire. Larger center wheels let you turn around tight corners and the height offset lets you roll the pool table mover onto pickup lift gates easily. Over rough terrain optional nylon straps can be used with the pool table Mini Mover for extra safety. Will not work with home style 3 piece slate tables.

Both the dolly and the pool table can fit onto a extended pickup liftgate.
Designed for transporting from Location to Location. Makes transporting easier and safer!
Will fit and move virtually all billiard and air hockey games, even those with trestle legs.
Adjusts easily for different widths and lengths. Specially angled to balance load over wheels.
Two of these dollies will fit side by side in a pickup truck. Strong Clamping action holds securely in place.
Lugs for use with Nylon Straps are provided for extra security if desired.
Special composition wheels are kind to floors.
Dolly is rated at 1000 Lb. test, Approximate Dimensions: 35"L x 21" (varies), 12"H. Built tough in the USA.
Available for Dynamo, Valley or Shelti.
Price $349.95 with free shipping within the 48 continental states.

Attachments

• 77AEA7EF-2451-4863-98AE-CBCB86929CAC.jpeg
    77AEA7EF-2451-4863-98AE-CBCB86929CAC.jpeg
    23.1 KB · Views: 359
  • 524C3873-DB2F-48B8-887E-46ED6525B5E9.jpeg
    524C3873-DB2F-48B8-887E-46ED6525B5E9.jpeg
    17.7 KB · Views: 347
  • 09B75BFD-5A03-4CEF-9724-7D0CB423A007.jpeg
    09B75BFD-5A03-4CEF-9724-7D0CB423A007.jpeg
    18.8 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:
Reactions: JC

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
I need to rent one of these......

The Mini Mover pool table mover adjusts to fit snugly onto the side of a coin op or bar style pool table. Center the pool table mini mover with the center pocket and then tip the pool table over onto the Mini-Mover and easily roll the pool table wherever you desire. Larger center wheels let you turn around tight corners and the height offset lets you roll the pool table mover onto pickup lift gates easily. Over rough terrain optional nylon straps can be used with the pool table Mini Mover for extra safety. Will not work with home style 3 piece slate tables.

Both the dolly and the pool table can fit onto a extended pickup liftgate.
Designed for transporting from Location to Location. Makes transporting easier and safer!
Will fit and move virtually all billiard and air hockey games, even those with trestle legs.
Adjusts easily for different widths and lengths. Specially angled to balance load over wheels.
Two of these dollies will fit side by side in a pickup truck. Strong Clamping action holds securely in place.
Lugs for use with Nylon Straps are provided for extra security if desired.
Special composition wheels are kind to floors.
Dolly is rated at 1000 Lb. test, Approximate Dimensions: 35"L x 21" (varies), 12"H. Built tough in the USA.
Available for Dynamo, Valley or Shelti.
Price $349.95 with free shipping within the 48 continental states.
I have one of those too. It works great. Had two but Hurricane Sandy destroyed the other.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member

I am new to Valleys, but, I pretty much only work on commercial pool tables, but, did I mention this fact: I DON'T OFFER POOL TABLE MOVES AS A SERVICE UNLESS IT IS SOMETHING I WANT TO WORK ON???:) Or its for a friend or business associate. <<<-- I still don't want to. lol

Trent from Toledo