Billiards About

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i took billiards about up on his offer for a "FREE" lesson via skype
i did not think his advice was helpfull and when he tried to get me to agree to lessons for pay i refused
he could not beleive that i didnt think his lessons were not worth paying for
just my experience

Last edited:

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
i took billiards about up on his offer for a "FREE" lesson via skype
i did not think his advice was helpfull and when he tried to get me to agree to lessons for pay i refused
he could not beleive that i didnt think his lessons were not worth paying for
just my experience

Hi BBB,

From memory--you ended our lesson early. I offered you follow-up free lesson time and free suggestions via e-mail. I do not think I offered you paid lessons, as we didn't complete our first free lesson. My offer to pickup on our a free lesson(s) for you remains and I would appreciate a second chance to meet with you.

You are correct that you didn't like my advice--you took a few strokes at the table only, as you were uninterested in my pool advice. Normally the student does most of the shooting during my lessons and takes many shots during our hour together. When I've received lessons from others, I try what they suggest at the tables, while they watch.

Folks have nothing to lose via a free lesson except some free time. I'm happy to meet anyone in person or online for a free introductory billiards lesson (one hour).

Steve Lillis

Matt Sherman - pool instructor

Matt Sherman was a guest in one of my Gospel Trick Shot shows in Florida with Tommy Kennedy. Tommy did some of his amazing trick shots and ball juggling during the show. Matt did a short instructional clinic for the fans during his segment of the show and it was well received. Matt is a highly qualified instructor who has taught billiards on the college level and he is an excellent communicator. He has also written many billiard articles for many years for various publications. I highly recommend Matt for both group and individual instruction. Yours for pool, Steve Lillis www.gospeltrickshot.org

allanpsand

Author & PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
Matt's a good guy and a skilled writer/communicator.

I've worked with Matt on and off over the last 15 years. He's helped me work out some technical details. His communications skills are clear and concise - quickly responding to requests for granular information.

I recommend Matt as an instructor for the long-term. When table situations arise that are a bit puzzling, work with him to figure out the solutions (lots of these have more than one way of getting the job done).

When you work with him on lessons - make sure you have a very specific set of items you want to work with. AND, you had better put his recommendations on the table. Otherwise, you won't "own the shot".

There's a big difference between intellectual knowledge (however true or false) and the precision you develop when pushing balls on the practice table.
+++++++++++++++
And, by the way, here's a hard-learned tip: don't practice a shot up until you are successful once. Practice the shot until you are successful 4 out of 5 attempts (pros always work for 10 out of 10).

Good luck & shoot straight!

SJpilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good luck & shoot straight!

You still giving lessons on that 10 footer out back. I got an introductory lesson from you a few years back. I might come by for a couple lessons if you've got time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hendra888

Hi BBB,

From memory--you ended our lesson early. I offered you follow-up free lesson time and free suggestions via e-mail. I do not think I offered you paid lessons, as we didn't complete our first free lesson. My offer to pickup on our a free lesson(s) for you remains and I would appreciate a second chance to meet with you.

You are correct that you didn't like my advice--you took a few strokes at the table only, as you were uninterested in my pool advice. Normally the student does most of the shooting during my lessons and takes many shots during our hour together. When I've received lessons from others, I try what they suggest at the tables, while they watch.

Folks have nothing to lose via a free lesson except some free time. I'm happy to meet anyone in person or online for a free introductory billiards lesson (one hour).
Hai all

I am Hendra from Indonesia.
I want to let people know about my experience with my teacher Matt Sherman.

He have give me free lesson by skype.
At the first time i was very enjoy with his guys because he always answered all my question.

I come from small city in here. I can not play billiard.
But after some lesson with him , i can knowing how to play pool rightly.

He was changed my mind also he was lesson me about strategy and other.

I can draw shot easily after get lesson from him.

I will recommend people who want to increase the knowledge with him.

Life is choice.
We must understanding, practice and work hard to be champion.

Thank you my teacher Matt Sherman.

Regards,
Hendra Kurniawan
Carabao Billiards Indonesia

Thomas025

Matt Sherman helped me a ton with problems like my aiming, vision, stance and answered any question, no matter how "amateur" the question itself was. He gave me my most immense boost in the basic learning phase. Now I know that I'm on the right track, thankfully for him.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
Forwarded from a student:

"Matt,

I am loving the results of our session already and I have another 8 days before we schedule session 3. The new aiming that we put in has really boosted my ball pocketing.

I feel so confident with this new system. A lot better than using "ghost ball" and I know it is only going to get better as I continue using it.

I have been playing every day and practicing/drilling it in. I played in league Friday night (9-ball) APA. I am a 5 in that league and played a four. It was crushing. They did not even get 20 pts. Of course that made me go up a skill level. Won my USAPL 8 Ball match as well.

Tonight I played my normal practicing partner and we usually play very even. Tonight we played 4 hours and he only won 3 games. Totally crushed him.

HEHE.

Mike"