Diveney vs josey vs predator

Jersey14

I have been reading the forum for a while, but this is my first post. I have been shooting with a Bludworth for the last 15 years and am looking to try something new. I wanted to see if anyone can compare Diveney, Josey, and Predator. Im not looking to break the bank, so looking at sneaky pete or possibly merry widow. Thanks for any help

StuartTKelley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having played with all three and based on what you're playing with now I would look at Diveney or Josey for sure. I understand getting bored and wanting to try new things but not sure how happy you'd be going to Predator. It's much different from a standard cue in feel and how it plays and for me, not in a good way.

I can tell you for a fact that Keith and Pat both make excellent feeling and playing cues. I like both very much and currently I am playing with a Josey again. I don't see myself going away from Josey again.

JJ Cues has some Merry Widow Josey's in the 700 range with linen wrap. Plain cue with 2 shafts. Other than that you will have to wait for one to show up on secondary market or call up and have one made, Not sure what the wait is now.

Pat has some cues up on his site now if you're looking for a nice sneaky with a beautiful finish that plays and hits very well. I love a G2 Hard on all of my cues and they play great on Pat's cues. He has them and will install it for you. $500 and up. His cues have a butt section that is usually a little slimmer than average in my experience. These are awesome cues.

Good luck and have fun.

nj82tj

The dude abides.
Silver Member
I vote for Josey. I've want to try a Diveney, but haven't yet. The Josey I had was awesome. I don't get the excitement everyone seems to have with Predator...

brilliance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

I had all 3.

Get Josey and make sure you get it with Timeless Timber shaft and pay extra for hand picket piece. Also consider Mezz.

Ģüśţāṿ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My vote is for diveney with the kielwood shaft (if you're into low deflection). Josey with timeless timber would be next in line. The new predator shafts just feel...dead...muted....however you would like to think of it. Very little feedback in my opinion. Good luck with whichever you choose.

tuffstuff07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You will never find a nicer set of people to deal with than Josey. Also he makes fantastic cues.

I did recently put mine up because I got a revo SP2-4 for Christmas this year and have been shooting with that.