Team CSI vs Team USA

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This venue, each year seems to be getting more successful/fun/engaging and good for the game.

What I'd like too see, is a semi pro event (bar table)....where Each state of the Union creates their Best team (no pros allowed).

Divide the country up into quadrants.

Have the best 2 E. Coast teams battle it out....and the W. coast do the same.

Now you have and the East Coast against the West Coast so tah speak.

During the collegiate 14.1 days, they did this type of formatting, to create the finals.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ would also create stronger players in the long run.

It would be nice.

Jeff

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
It might be a little embarrassing if Team USA gets beat and it could happen against this line up. No soft warm-up match by any means.

Why would it be embarrassing? Not only is Team CSI not soft.....they are actually a very deep and talented team. Each one is very accomplished with tournament success. They will also have good chemistry as Oscar & Vilmos are great friends and all of the players are well liked.

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member
Great idea but since there is no "Pro" tour, how would you define a pro? ...Fargo? If so, what cutoff?

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why would it be embarrassing? Not only is Team CSI not soft.....they are actually a very deep and talented team. Each one is very accomplished with tournament success. They will also have good chemistry as Oscar & Vilmos are great friends and all of the players are well liked.

I agree.

Not a single person on the planet, would be embarrassed if Alex or anyone of his skill level defeated them at pool. After all, Alex is an extremely dangerous player to go up against.

Jeff

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Great idea but since there is no "Pro" tour, how would you define a pro? ...Fargo? If so, what cutoff?

Teams are leagues, leagues are amateurs.

I don't know of any touring pros that ever played a full season of leagues other than John Abruzzo IL.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I don't know of any touring pros that ever played a full season of leagues other than John Abruzzo IL.

Putnam played a season in a local league several years ago. I remember at one point his record was like 42-3 playing nine ball.

I don't know what you would consider Jason Kirkwood but he was active in NAPA for quite awhile.

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This venue, each year seems to be getting more successful/fun/engaging and good for the game.

What I'd like too see, is a semi pro event (bar table)....where Each state of the Union creates their Best team (no pros allowed).

Divide the country up into quadrants.

Have the best 2 E. Coast teams battle it out....and the W. coast do the same.

Now you have and the East Coast against the West Coast so tah speak.

During the collegiate 14.1 days, they did this type of formatting, to create the finals.
Yeah. **** flyover country.:boring:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
This could be more fun to watch than the cup itself...Team USA better be in tune if they want to win over team CSI.

Oze147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Many European pros play in leagues.
Souquet, Albin, He and Alcaide even play on the same team.
Filler, Nils, Bijsterbosch, Max Lechner and several others play leagues. That is how they stay sharp.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Filler, Nils, Bijsterbosch, Max Lechner and several others play leagues. That is how they stay sharp.

In the US there are no leagues for top players. The US leagues are mostly for beginning players and are not separated into ability levels. From what I have heard, European leagues are very, very different and emphasize the chance to improve.

Island Drive

Silver Member

I'm talking about USA where the East vs the West.

Why are you bringing up Europe?

Oze147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the US there are no leagues for top players. The US leagues are mostly for beginning players and are not separated into ability levels. From what I have heard, European leagues are very, very different and emphasize the chance to improve.

The pool leagues in Europe are still considered amateur leagues and most players, even on the top level, are amateurs.
But the pros participate, because some of them get paid and they have more matches against high level players.
Practice is one thing, but only competition can give you experience and harden you for tournaments.

Island Drive

Silver Member
Because you said, you don't know any pro, who plays in a league.
Now you know pros, who play in leagues.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
He's ours. We Americans adopted him when he got in the HOF this year. Sorry! :grin-square:
Not so fast young lady. Check out the jerseys.

Attachments

• jpp_wcop2017_day1_session1_04.jpg
    jpp_wcop2017_day1_session1_04.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 206