Reload this Page Another Becue Review
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Another Becue Review
Old
  (#1)
Tony Longoni
AzB Silver Member
Tony Longoni has a reputation beyond reputeTony Longoni has a reputation beyond reputeTony Longoni has a reputation beyond reputeTony Longoni has a reputation beyond reputeTony Longoni has a reputation beyond reputeTony Longoni has a reputation beyond reputeTony Longoni has a reputation beyond reputeTony Longoni has a reputation beyond reputeTony Longoni has a reputation beyond reputeTony Longoni has a reputation beyond reputeTony Longoni has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Another Becue Review - 03-03-2017, 08:00 AM

First let me say that my screen name of Tony Longoni is based on a previous relationship i have the Longoni Cues. As most of you know my real name is Tony Rudi. I no longer have any relationship with Longoni Cues. I am not being paid in anyway by Becue for this review.
BeCue Review
First Impressions…

Upon receiving the BeCue in the mail, I immediately noticed it was packaged very well. Before even opening, I felt very confident the cue had arrived in good condition. The cue comes in an simple yet elegant white box. Opening the box reveals black foam cutouts containing the butt, shaft, and Leonardo weight system (if purchased). You are immediately drawn to the Carbon in the Butt end of the BeCue. The weave is pronounced and beautiful. The cue is definitely an eye catcher. The metal joint and butt cap accentuate the carbon very nicely.
The shaft is white color. Not a glossy sticky white like you would find on a cheap graphite cue, but more of a matte white. They use an aeronautical paint to coat the shaft. The shaft has a slight texture to it when it comes from the factory, which some players prefer. But you can also go over it with 2000 grit sandpaper to get it perfectly smooth if that’s what you prefer. The shaft comes finished with an Ultraskin Medium tip.
The butt and the shaft are put together using a proprietary joint called the BeJoint. They fit together well with good contact between the butt and shaft facings.

Performance…

The cue has great weight distribution in your hands. If feels well balanced and solid. Looking down the shaft feels very natural due to the white color of the shaft. From the first shot, you can feel something different about this cue. There is zero vibration. After shooting several more shots I was extremely impressed with how the cue felt. Regardless of what kind of English or stroke I put on the ball, the feedback through the cue felt like I made a center ball hall. The cue ball reacted well to English, moving around the table with very little effort. The energy transfer into the ball is very noticeable. With the same amount of effort, I was able to get as much or more English than with any other cue I’ve shot with before. All this is being done with the standard tip that comes on the cue. Im really looking forward to swapping it out with my standard Zen Soft tips to see the difference. I have played an Ultraskin medium before on one of my other shafts and was not happy with the performance. So I assume I will be further impressed with my normal tips.

Deflection…

I have been playing low deflection shafts since they were first introduced to the market in the 90’s. Before playing with the BeCue I was using a Predator Revo, but I have played with just about everything available on the market. The BeCue is definitely a low deflection cue. Without doing scientific testing I would say it deflects as little or less than the Revo or Z3.

Final Thoughts…

Im really impressed with this cue. In my opinion, it hits better than any cue ive shot with before it. I really love the solid feel I get while playing with this cue. The only drawback of this cue for me is the taper on the shaft. It has a very fast Rate-of-Rise which begins pretty high up on the shaft. While the shaft is considerably thinner than my revo at the tip (12.9mm vs 11.8mm), the BeCue shaft is thicker at about 6-8 inches from the tip. I will be reaching out to the guys over at BeCue to see about making me a different shaft. If they do, I think I may have myself a new primary cue!

Old
  (#2)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

03-03-2017, 09:21 AM

Thanks Tony, good review. They are definitely working on the pro taper shaft. Hopefully they can keep the same performance characteristics as the original.

Visit my historic cues site:
www.palmercollector.com

Old
  (#3)
JoeyA
Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
JoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

03-03-2017, 09:50 AM

Thanks Tony Longoni for your review of BeCue.

I would like to hear more about the pro taper BeCue.

JoeyA

"I would rather not deal with such questions, because it's like shearing a piglet—a lot of squealing and little wool."

Old
  (#4)
Tony Longoni
AzB Silver Member
Tony Longoni has a reputation beyond reputeTony Longoni has a reputation beyond reputeTony Longoni has a reputation beyond reputeTony Longoni has a reputation beyond reputeTony Longoni has a reputation beyond reputeTony Longoni has a reputation beyond reputeTony Longoni has a reputation beyond reputeTony Longoni has a reputation beyond reputeTony Longoni has a reputation beyond reputeTony Longoni has a reputation beyond reputeTony Longoni has a reputation beyond repute

03-03-2017, 11:27 AM

thanks joey, they are a great company to deal with on a customer service level. i already shot a message over to the owner and am waiting on a reply. i actually dont mind a conical taper, but the taper is just a bit too strong and too high in the shaft for my preferences. i can tell you that in several conversation i had with the owner, they were very open to ideas which would help them make a better product so i expect to see the product get better with each production. - Tony

Old
  (#5)
wrickyb
AzB Silver Member
wrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond repute

03-08-2017, 10:24 PM

I'm taking my Becue on the road. If you would like to give it a try I will be at the M8 Tournament at Canterbury Park (Shakopee, Minnesota) March 10, 11 and 12 then in Schaumburg IL the 13th and 14th. To set an appointment to test drive the Hottest New Cue out there - TEXT or Email me at USA@BecueOfficial.com Alessandro Becue Bressan

Old
  (#6)
Agent 99
AzB Silver Member
Agent 99 has a reputation beyond reputeAgent 99 has a reputation beyond reputeAgent 99 has a reputation beyond reputeAgent 99 has a reputation beyond reputeAgent 99 has a reputation beyond reputeAgent 99 has a reputation beyond reputeAgent 99 has a reputation beyond reputeAgent 99 has a reputation beyond reputeAgent 99 has a reputation beyond reputeAgent 99 has a reputation beyond reputeAgent 99 has a reputation beyond repute

03-09-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Longoni View Post
First let me say that my screen name of Tony Longoni is based on a previous relationship i have the Longoni Cues. As most of you know my real name is Tony Rudi. I no longer have any relationship with Longoni Cues. I am not being paid in anyway by Becue for this review.
BeCue Review
First Impressions…

Upon receiving the BeCue in the mail, I immediately noticed it was packaged very well. Before even opening, I felt very confident the cue had arrived in good condition. The cue comes in an simple yet elegant white box. Opening the box reveals black foam cutouts containing the butt, shaft, and Leonardo weight system (if purchased). You are immediately drawn to the Carbon in the Butt end of the BeCue. The weave is pronounced and beautiful. The cue is definitely an eye catcher. The metal joint and butt cap accentuate the carbon very nicely.
The shaft is white color. Not a glossy sticky white like you would find on a cheap graphite cue, but more of a matte white. They use an aeronautical paint to coat the shaft. The shaft has a slight texture to it when it comes from the factory, which some players prefer. But you can also go over it with 2000 grit sandpaper to get it perfectly smooth if that’s what you prefer. The shaft comes finished with an Ultraskin Medium tip.
The butt and the shaft are put together using a proprietary joint called the BeJoint. They fit together well with good contact between the butt and shaft facings.

Performance…

The cue has great weight distribution in your hands. If feels well balanced and solid. Looking down the shaft feels very natural due to the white color of the shaft. From the first shot, you can feel something different about this cue. There is zero vibration. After shooting several more shots I was extremely impressed with how the cue felt. Regardless of what kind of English or stroke I put on the ball, the feedback through the cue felt like I made a center ball hall. The cue ball reacted well to English, moving around the table with very little effort. The energy transfer into the ball is very noticeable. With the same amount of effort, I was able to get as much or more English than with any other cue I’ve shot with before. All this is being done with the standard tip that comes on the cue. Im really looking forward to swapping it out with my standard Zen Soft tips to see the difference. I have played an Ultraskin medium before on one of my other shafts and was not happy with the performance. So I assume I will be further impressed with my normal tips.

Deflection…

I have been playing low deflection shafts since they were first introduced to the market in the 90’s. Before playing with the BeCue I was using a Predator Revo, but I have played with just about everything available on the market. The BeCue is definitely a low deflection cue. Without doing scientific testing I would say it deflects as little or less than the Revo or Z3.

Final Thoughts…

Im really impressed with this cue. In my opinion, it hits better than any cue ive shot with before it. I really love the solid feel I get while playing with this cue. The only drawback of this cue for me is the taper on the shaft. It has a very fast Rate-of-Rise which begins pretty high up on the shaft. While the shaft is considerably thinner than my revo at the tip (12.9mm vs 11.8mm), the BeCue shaft is thicker at about 6-8 inches from the tip. I will be reaching out to the guys over at BeCue to see about making me a different shaft. If they do, I think I may have myself a new primary cue!
Thanks for the review ... I am waiting for BeCue to reach it's final stage of development with a pro taper shaft.

I think I have to have one because it is just so cutting edge cool ... If George Jetson played pool he would of shot with one of these .. lol

Even if I am not wild about playing with it - I am sure like any cue some will like it and some will not - but I want one just to have a cue with this much forward thinking and advanced material construction.

Good rolls.

Player: Becue Naked
Break: Mezz Pwr Bk Pro
Jump: Lomax

Old
  (#7)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

09-16-2017, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyA View Post
Thanks Tony Longoni for your review of BeCue.

I would like to hear more about the pro taper BeCue.

JoeyA
I will receive my Becue Prime (pro taper) shaft in a week or so.

I plan on doing a comparison between their original conical taper shaft and the pro taper.

I'm sure I will prefer the pro taper simply because that is what I'm used to and I use a closed bridge, but the original shaft hits really good and may be preferable for others.

Version 2
Old
  (#8)
Tony Longoni
AzB Silver Member

Version 2 - 09-19-2017, 09:21 AM

So its been about 6 months since i received my original Becue. When i first started dealing with Becue, i told them that i would be brutally honest in my opinion of the product. The cue i received 6 months ago didnt have many bad things to critique, but i had some pretty detailed conversations with the owner about things that i thought could be better with the production. Fast forward 6 months later and Becue contact me to let me now that they took my advice (along with others who gave good feedback), and made some changes that they wanted me to evaluate. On friday of last week, i received my updated Becue, including both the new Prime Shaft (pro Taper) and the new version of their 5.1 shaft (conical taper). i also received the new extension they designed as well. They literally addressed every single one of the bullet points i gave them. so by the end of this week i will posting a new review of the Becue, and i can tell you from now that its a review you are not going to want to miss!

Old
  (#9)
rhatten
AzB Silver Member
rhatten has a reputation beyond reputerhatten has a reputation beyond reputerhatten has a reputation beyond reputerhatten has a reputation beyond reputerhatten has a reputation beyond reputerhatten has a reputation beyond reputerhatten has a reputation beyond reputerhatten has a reputation beyond reputerhatten has a reputation beyond reputerhatten has a reputation beyond reputerhatten has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-19-2017, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Longoni View Post
So its been about 6 months since i received my original Becue. When i first started dealing with Becue, i told them that i would be brutally honest in my opinion of the product. The cue i received 6 months ago didnt have many bad things to critique, but i had some pretty detailed conversations with the owner about things that i thought could be better with the production. Fast forward 6 months later and Becue contact me to let me now that they took my advice (along with others who gave good feedback), and made some changes that they wanted me to evaluate. On friday of last week, i received my updated Becue, including both the new Prime Shaft (pro Taper) and the new version of their 5.1 shaft (conical taper). i also received the new extension they designed as well. They literally addressed every single one of the bullet points i gave them. so by the end of this week i will posting a new review of the Becue, and i can tell you from now that its a review you are not going to want to miss!
Please make sure you include some good images as their marketing website images are 'pretty weak'. Close up Pics of the tip, Joint (opened and Closed) and butt would be nice. Also what is the pin type (nothing on this anywhere) -thread count -diameter - length etc. Do they sell the Prime Pro shaft only yet? .. or what about shaft blanks? After seeing some of the images post here on AZ of the prototype I'm hoping they have 'cleaned up' their act a bit. Also any word on any promo's or specials to move these things? ie like the Expo deals etc

Thx
r

Fun on LKN

Old
  (#10)
ziggystardust
AzB Silver Member
ziggystardust has a reputation beyond reputeziggystardust has a reputation beyond reputeziggystardust has a reputation beyond reputeziggystardust has a reputation beyond reputeziggystardust has a reputation beyond reputeziggystardust has a reputation beyond reputeziggystardust has a reputation beyond reputeziggystardust has a reputation beyond reputeziggystardust has a reputation beyond reputeziggystardust has a reputation beyond reputeziggystardust has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

09-27-2017, 05:19 PM

Any new info yet? I know you haven't had the new stuff long so I guess we will have to wait.Just wanted you to know I appreciate when good players like you and Tate offer your opinion on new products.
Thanks in advance....Carl

Old
  (#11)
barrymuch90
AzB Silver Member
barrymuch90 has a reputation beyond reputebarrymuch90 has a reputation beyond reputebarrymuch90 has a reputation beyond reputebarrymuch90 has a reputation beyond reputebarrymuch90 has a reputation beyond reputebarrymuch90 has a reputation beyond reputebarrymuch90 has a reputation beyond reputebarrymuch90 has a reputation beyond reputebarrymuch90 has a reputation beyond reputebarrymuch90 has a reputation beyond reputebarrymuch90 has a reputation beyond repute

09-27-2017, 05:49 PM

I just want to say I was at the room Tony plays and runs a tournament out of Friday night n he let me hit with this cue and it is a super solid great feeling hit. I only hit one ball n it was all I needed to because I could tell instantly The feel or hit is the best part about this cue. I've hit w the revo n I'm not educated at all about the becue but the biggest thing I didn't like about the revo was the hit. However this becue hit almost identical to a maple shaft without any of the negative feel to a maple shaft(vibration or construction/strength) again I don't know much about it but I could see me playing with one down the road.

still awaiting tip change
Old
  (#12)
Tony Longoni
AzB Silver Member

still awaiting tip change - 10-04-2017, 01:38 PM

full review is still to come. i had my local cue repairman switching to tips to my standard Zan Soft tips so i can give an honest review comparing apples to apples. should get the cue in hand tonight... im excited!

Old
  (#13)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

10-04-2017, 09:18 PM

I just got an e-mail from Alessandro this morning with the tracking number for my new Becue Prime (pro taper) shaft. I got busy and didn't have a chance to check the status of when it will arrive, so I'm guessing it will be sometime in the next several days.

I ordered it with an Ultra-skin soft tip and he is sending me another of the same tip so I can put it on my Becue 5.1 (original conical taper) shaft.

Once I have them both set up with the same tips, I will do a review comparing what I think are the pros and cons of each shaft.

Old
  (#14)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member

10-06-2017, 11:49 PM

According to UPS, my new PRIME shaft arrived at work today, but I was off.

I hope to stop by there tomorrow to pick it up so that I can play with it on Sunday.

Old
  (#15)
JoeyA
Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
JoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

10-07-2017, 09:14 AM

Looking forward to your review.
JoeyA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post
I just got an e-mail from Alessandro this morning with the tracking number for my new Becue Prime (pro taper) shaft. I got busy and didn't have a chance to check the status of when it will arrive, so I'm guessing it will be sometime in the next several days.

I ordered it with an Ultra-skin soft tip and he is sending me another of the same tip so I can put it on my Becue 5.1 (original conical taper) shaft.

Once I have them both set up with the same tips, I will do a review comparing what I think are the pros and cons of each shaft.

"I would rather not deal with such questions, because it's like shearing a piglet—a lot of squealing and little wool."

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: