Replacement rail question

Joe72

Hello everyone: Joe72 here and I have a commercial AMF 4.5 x 9 garage table. I’m trying to figure out what rails I can use and how about doing it. I want pro cut rails and I am going to do the work myself. I don’t know the model of AMF the table is or even how to figure that out since it’s older “OSB skirts though” and AMF is in bizz anymore. Please help

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You might want to post this in the “Talk to a Mechanic” forum. Sounds like all you need is to extend the subrails and put new rubber and facings on. I’m sure the mechanics can help you out with the details of that job.

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello everyone: Joe72 here and I have a commercial AMF 4.5 x 9 garage table. I’m trying to figure out what rails I can use and how about doing it. I want pro cut rails and I am going to do the work myself. I don’t know the model of AMF the table is or even how to figure that out since it’s older “OSB skirts though” and AMF is in bizz anymore. Please help

Are you talking about replacing the entire rails or just the rubber cushions?

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Too vague. Rails? Do you mean new cushions?
Asking the proper way to modify it to pro pockets.... if you just want to make the pockets tighter, adding wood to the sub rails will suffice and then new cushions, but pro pockets are more then just making them smaller. The pocket facing angle usually changes to make it play right. Shelf depth is another consideration for pro pockets.

Watch a few YouTube vids on "How to make a pool table". You might gain insight on the complexities.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You need to post this, with photos, in the Ask Mechanic section. There's a LOT involved, not just replacing cushions. Subrails must be extended and pocket facings properly cut also.