Happy Veterans Day To All Of Our Az Members Who Served

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Thanks to all for your service to our country and maybe, if you can, go hit some balls today; you deserve it! :thumbup:

Also, a BIG Thank You to all of our current service men and women. Get home safe!

Pictures: if you got 'em, post 'em. :)

best,
SGT Chicken <--- will try to go hit a few, myself. :)
4th Infantry Division

Attachments

• me-Army-boot-camp-pic.jpg
    me-Army-boot-camp-pic.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you brian for serving our country! A honor! Reminds me need call my uncle he was a marine in nam!

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
Thanks to all for your service to our country and maybe go hit some balls today; you deserve it!

Also, a BIG Thank You to all of our current service men and women. Get home safe!

Pictures, if you got 'em, post 'em. :)

best,
SGT Chicken
4th Infantry Division
Huah!
Drive-on Drill Chikkin.

SGT Lesh reporting

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Rackemep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Happy Veterans Day!

I'm going to hit some today for sure!

28vt6yg.jpg

Spc. Rackem

1-32 Infantry
10th Mountain Division

Last edited:

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
I never served having been barely too young for the Vietnam war. So I can't imagine how much each has given of themselves.

Happy Veterans Day!

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
For me it was the United States Navy, 1965 to 1970.
I was aboard the USS Talbot County, LST 1153, from '66 to '68 which just happened to be the only freakin' LST in the whole wide world of sports that was steam powered. Can you guess who spent his watches, while underway, standing in front of a hotter than hell boiler?
Our top speed (flank) was 13 knots, or about 15 miles per hour, and in high seas she wallowed like crazy because of her flat bottom. We stuck her twice while making landings on the beach.
Our primary job was to sail to the south end of the Panama Canal and hang out. If a Panamanian revolution took place we were to help evacuate American citizens who worked for the Canal company.
I smoked my first doobie, and got my first tattoo in Panama City. The tattoo cost fifty-cents and the doobie was free.
While on Liberty we would often frequent a place called the Blue Goose. They had a pool table where we would pass the time waiting for our favorite girl to become available.
I had a girlfriend there who was the spitting image of Chelsea Brown, one of the regulars on the old Rowan and Martin Laugh-In TV show. She belonged to a gang of girls who all had Bluebirds tattooed next to their......(on their lower abdomen).
We sailed all up and down the East coast of South America. I crossed the Equator twice. Once as a Polliwog, and again as a Shellback. You Swabbies will know what I'm talking about.
I enjoyed every minute of it, but always missed home. When it got close to your discharge from active duty date you were referred to as a Short Timer. A couple of weeks before you were to leave someone might ask, "Hey, Tramp. How short are you?" Meaning how much time do you have left. Invariably I, and everyone else would say, "I'm so short I could sit on the edge of a dime and dangle my feet."
The day I stepped off the Quarter Deck and saluted the Stars and Stripes that was rippling in the breeze on the fantail I never looked back. It all ended as abruptly as it had begun.
And, I never remember even once talking about Viet Nam, while on board ship.
May all our Brothers who never came home find eternal piece.
God Bless America.

Last edited:

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My sincere thanks to all who are serving, have served and gave their life to preserve the rights and freedom our great Country. My Father Steven R.I.P. served in Korea, My older Brother Gordon R.I.P served in Vietnam. I greatly miss them.

God Bless you all and God Bless the USA

-Kat,

0ne9marine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Viet Nam 1969. 1st Bn. 9th Marines Me on left, Doc Caskey on right.

Attachments

• 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 198

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some dude I ran across named "Bubba".

No, that isn't Monica in the background.

Yes, he has clammy hands. Wash after shaking.

Attachments

• Clinton.jpg
    Clinton.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 207

MikeF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1971-1972

Here I am in '71-'72

Attachments

• Mike Foley 1971-1972.jpg
    Mike Foley 1971-1972.jpg