Mike Page

Joe Pickens

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm just wondering how long does it take after playing in a tournament before the data is updated into Fargo? I was in a tournament on August 11th and the results were sent in, or however they do it, but Fargo has not been updated yet with the new data. We are having another tournament on August 25th and was hoping to have an updated Fargo rating for everyone since the tournament is based off everyone's rating.

The tournament operator even called to find out how long it would take and they were told a couple of days. I understand you must have a gazillion amount of data to input and it takes time, but I was just wondering if it would be in there by the time the next tournament starts?

Thanks

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm just wondering how long does it take after playing in a tournament before the data is updated into Fargo? I was in a tournament on August 11th and the results were sent in, or however they do it, but Fargo has not been updated yet with the new data. We are having another tournament on August 25th and was hoping to have an updated Fargo rating for everyone since the tournament is based off everyone's rating.

The tournament operator even called to find out how long it would take and they were told a couple of days. I understand you must have a gazillion amount of data to input and it takes time, but I was just wondering if it would be in there by the time the next tournament starts?

Thanks

Your August 11 tournament is in with a batch of 113 tournaments (30,000 games) that have been through the first stage of processing. They are awaiting the next step --matching up the 1500 or so names with players in our database. That should happen in the next few days. We've been pretty much getting everything in within two weeks or so. (tournament data that is; league data goes in immediately).

Joe Pickens

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your August 11 tournament is in with a batch of 113 tournaments (30,000 games) that have been through the first stage of processing. They are awaiting the next step --matching up the 1500 or so names with players in our database. That should happen in the next few days. We've been pretty much getting everything in within two weeks or so. (tournament data that is; league data goes in immediately).

Thank you, Mike. I understand it has to be an absolute monster of data that has to be entered everyday and I appreciate you taking the time to let me know how far along the process is currently.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
“If you want something done, give it to a busy man.”

....Al Selinger of Dufferin Cue told me that a long time ago....
...so I came up with another of my ideas...Al mentioned how much was on his plate at the
time....I reminded him of what he had told me about busy men......
...he said “Sometimes I wish I hadn’t told you that one.”.....:)

Thanx, Mr Page, for what you do