AZ Money Leader Board and NO SVB Updates.

TomInFaribo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It has been a while now since SVB won the 14.1 Title. I haven't seen any recognition by AZB in their WINNERS Pics on Front Page, plus his money winnings have not been updated. My question being does AZB have something against SVB. If not then Shame on AZB for not recognizing his accomplishments even IF they have outside differences with some organization. I Spend Lots of time on AZB and Love their Magazine but give Credit where Credit is due.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It has been a while now since SVB won the 14.1 Title. I haven't seen any recognition by AZB in their WINNERS Pics on Front Page, plus his money winnings have not been updated. My question being does AZB have something against SVB. If not then Shame on AZB for not recognizing his accomplishments even IF they have outside differences with some organization. I Spend Lots of time on AZB and Love their Magazine but give Credit where Credit is due.

Wow.

Instead of making a "shame on azb" post, why not pm Mike and ask him why is hasnt been posted?

My guess, he wasnt sent the info from the tournament. Its not like he gathers tournament results through omniscience. :thumbup:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
My question being does AZB have something against SVB.

Results are posted to a earnings by AZB once submitted. The straight pool was less than a week ago, not a while back.

Assume you're trying to be funny here. Actually, the opposite is true. SVB earnings have, at times, to be overstated on AZB. During the TAR days, his TAR winnings were included in his earnings, even when earned in action matches, and his rare losses were never subtracted out.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I know your expectations seem low and they are, but they are still too high for the Billiard industry. No expectations=happiness. Expectations=WTF.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Wow, I've never been accusing of having something against Shane. Been accused by a couple pros of being biased towards Shane though.

What I am biased against though, is fake tournaments that promote themselves as something that they are not.

Yes, Shane won "a 14.1 tournament". He did not win a World Championship. While he is undoubtedly a first ballot hall of famer and I believe he will win at least one world championship in his life, he has not won one yet.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The "North Florida 14.1 Invitational" is NOT a WC regardless of what CW calls it.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wow, I've never been accusing of having something against Shane. Been accused by a couple pros of being biased towards Shane though.

What I am biased against though, is fake tournaments that promote themselves as something that they are not.

Yes, Shane won "a 14.1 tournament". He did not win a World Championship. While he is undoubtedly a first ballot hall of famer and I believe he will win at least one world championship in his life, he has not won one yet.

Very nicely said and very true. I’ve been saying someone needs to get that trophy away from Charlie Williams and make a real world championship 14.1 event again. Maybe AZB World 14.1 Championship. I’d donate toward it.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
As far as my personal opinion, the American 14.1 Straight Pool should be the World Championship. Peter Burrows has done a lot to build that event and he has done it the right way.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... What I am biased against though, is fake tournaments that promote themselves as something that they are not.

While I certainly understand what you are saying, I still think that the results of those events should be in the AzB database. Such results are there for 2006 through 2015, even though it was a sanctioned world championship in only 4 of those 10 years. But we have no posted results for 2016 through 2019.

Call it something else if you want to. Maybe it's the "Dragon Promotions 14.1 Event." But the number of straight pool events involving pro players is so small that it is a shame to not have the results (order of finish and prize money) in the AzB database.

Last edited:

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Confused here.

If the event simply had called itself something else then the results/earnings would have been reported?

I'm not getting that. Legit event, somebody won. Not just "consensus" "world title" events go into earnings.

Not understanding all the ins and outs of events and scheduling but seems like more of a political statement to just ignore it (if it is being ignored and not saying it is).