Little Ko is new World #1

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm glad one of the Ko brothers is at the top.

They play outstanding pool and I've never seen them bring any "drama" to the table.

They just play and usually win.

And I'm partial to Taiwanese players. I lived there for three years a long time ago...before they ever started playing American pool.

UKPool

Registered
Ko "young" brother, is the best player in the world in my opinion, right now he is! even in Qatar WCC he lost even though he didn't miss anything in that match, if I remember correctly, his breaks weren't working.

I just want to know, what kind of shaft is he using, if someone knows out there, let me know.

I was at the World Cup of Pool and whist obv aware of Ko Pin Yi’s standing in the game, it was apparent when partnering each other that Little Ko looked the more assured player. Whilst he is a great player and certainly one of the best players I still think it’s hard to say any player deserves the title ‘worlds best’ other than Josh Filler considering the year he’s had and the consistency.

World 9 Ball, World Pool Series, Euro Tour event, US Open.

Not to mention placing in World 10 ball beating great players, International Open, and a superb Mosconi.

Little Ko has arguably had the second best season but Filler’s will take some matching.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They really should use 2 years' worth of event results, especially when so few events are included.
The rankings use last 12 months i.e. 12 months rolling.
Other sports like tennis also use 12 months rolling
2 years is too long these days.
I mean 2 years ago, Europe won Mosconi Cup. 2 years is looong time in sports

I was at the World Cup of Pool and whist obv aware of Ko Pin Yi’s standing in the game, it was apparent when partnering each other that Little Ko looked the more assured player. Whilst he is a great player and certainly one of the best players I still think it’s hard to say any player deserves the title ‘worlds best’ other than Josh Filler considering the year he’s had and the consistency.

World 9 Ball, World Pool Series, Euro Tour event, US Open.

Not to mention placing in World 10 ball beating great players, International Open, and a superb Mosconi.

Little Ko has arguably had the second best season but Filler’s will take some matching.

The ranking is last 12 months results i.e. the current year. So Filler's World 9 ball win last year is excluded (I mean you cannot count 2 years of World 9 ball results in 12 months).
Filler and Ko won 1 major each this year. Filler won US Open and Ko World 10 ball.
Mosconi Cup does not count as it is team event. Ko did better in CSI events-Las Vegas and WPA players while Filler did well in few Euro events. Filler lost #1 position when he made early exit in last 64 in this W9B while Ko reached semifinals.
Anyway, the difference is little about 200 points and there will be changes and trading of places in top 10 just like tennis or other sports rankings. More so in pool as there are a bunch of players at the top that are close together in skill level.
https://wpapool.com/ranking/ :)

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ko "young" brother, is the best player in the world in my opinion, right now he is! even in Qatar WCC he lost even though he didn't miss anything in that match, if I remember correctly, his breaks weren't working.

I just want to know, what kind of shaft is he using, if someone knows out there, let me know.

Last I heard, the Ko’s both play with southwest cues
Most of the Taiwanese players did, until Chang was the first I saw make the switch to CF with predator Revo.

UKPool

Registered
The rankings use last 12 months i.e. 12 months rolling.
Other sports like tennis also use 12 months rolling
2 years is too long these days.
I mean 2 years ago, Europe won Mosconi Cup. 2 years is looong time in sports

The ranking is last 12 months results i.e. the current year. So Filler's World 9 ball win last year is excluded (I mean you cannot count 2 years of World 9 ball results in 12 months).
Filler and Ko won 1 major each this year. Filler won US Open and Ko World 10 ball.
Mosconi Cup does not count as it is team event. Ko did better in CSI events-Las Vegas and WPA players while Filler did well in few Euro events. Filler lost #1 position when he made early exit in last 64 in this W9B while Ko reached semifinals.
Anyway, the difference is little about 200 points and there will be changes and trading of places in top 10 just like tennis or other sports rankings. More so in pool as there are a bunch of players at the top that are close together in skill level.
https://wpapool.com/ranking/ :)

I’m fully aware of how rankings work thank you, I wasn’t referring to that but the argument about the World’s best player and how in the last 12 months Filler if anyone deserves that mantle despite him not being universally liked which I fully understand. What more has a guy got to do? Many pro’s have gone as far to say he’s had the best 12 months in pool history.

Kazakis was ranked World no1 12 months ago so often take it with a pinch of salt.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last I heard, the Ko’s both play with southwest cues

Most of the Taiwanese players did, until Chang was the first I saw make the switch to CF with predator Revo.

This is what you heard and I also seen this somewhere but it isn’t reliable source, I see a fury badge on their shirts.

And about Chang, do you mean Kevin Chang? If that’s what you mean then he is using a Meucci CF, who told you it is a Predator revo? Where did you get this info from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m fully aware of how rankings work thank you, I wasn’t referring to that but the argument about the World’s best player and how in the last 12 months Filler if anyone deserves that mantle despite him not being universally liked which I fully understand. What more has a guy got to do? Many pro’s have gone as far to say he’s had the best 12 months in pool history.

Kazakis was ranked World no1 12 months ago so often take it with a pinch of salt.

Hi Pia.

Thanks for joining the forums.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is what you heard and I also seen this somewhere but it isn’t reliable source, I see a fury badge on their shirts.

And about Chang, do you mean Kevin Chang? If that’s what you mean then he is using a Meucci CF, who told you it is a Predator revo? Where did you get this info from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, not Kevin Cheng, I was talking about JL Chang....
As for the southwest info, I’m going off of when i met them and talked to their translator back in 2015/2016, and they played at the Turning Stone Classic.

Also when it comes to sponsorships, I remember talking to Thorsten Hohman about his cue as he is sponsored by Lucasi. And yes. It was a Lucasi butt however his shaft was completely custom and not a Lucasi of any kind. That’s where I learned that these players may be sponsored but they are using what works for them. It’s hard to tell without just going up and asking them.

Last edited:

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, not Kevin Cheng, I was talking about JL Chang....
As for the southwest info, I’m going off of when i met them and talked to their translator back in 2015/2016, and they played at the Turning Stone Classic.

Also when it comes to sponsorships, I remember talking to Thorsten Hohman about his cue as he is sponsored by Lucasi. And yes. It was a Lucasi butt however his shaft was completely custom and not a Lucasi of any kind. That’s where I learned that these players may be sponsored but they are using what works for them. It’s hard to tell without just going up and asking them.

true. the above mentioned kevin cheng uses a meucci CF that is not off the shelf, rather it is made to resemble a southwest shaft. it's not low deflection.