Full Splice

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who is still making full splice cues? Simple not elebotate.
Whole cues or just blanks? Some FS makers only make blanks like Andrew Rounceville for ex. Schmelke does blanks and cues, Prather does both, MVP does both as does S. Williams and Vigus. There's a couple Russian guys that make FS cues, Willee Blade and Shuriken. Sure there's others but i can't name them now.

nj82tj

The dude abides.
Silver Member
Prather custom cues. I just had one of his blanks done by Dzuricky. Prather also does his own finishing if you so desire.

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who is still making full splice cues? Simple not elebotate.

I’ve tried dealing with a lot of custom cue makers in an attempt to have a full splice butterfly custom cue made. Cost was not an issue. The problem is that a lot of the cue makers are small time working out of their garage and are slow to respond or don’t respond at all. I’m not going to mention any names. It’s very frustrating trying to do business with them. I finally gave up. I wonder if cue making is a vocation or avocation to many of them.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
MVP aka Kelly Peterson.
Bob Dzuricky
Shelby Williams
Larry Vigus
Prather.
Schmelke....I have a simple Bocote 4 pointer that I am getting ready to sell. Never been chalked.

Hard to go wrong with any of these gents. Some of them may not be taking orders at this time, but it never hurts to contact them.
Best regards.
Joe P

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve tried dealing with a lot of custom cue makers in an attempt to have a full splice butterfly custom cue made. Cost was not an issue. The problem is that a lot of the cue makers are small time working out of their garage and are slow to respond or don’t respond at all. I’m not going to mention any names. It’s very frustrating trying to do business with them. I finally gave up. I wonder if cue making is a vocation or avocation to many of them.
Can't speak for all but making FS stuff is very time consuming. I recently contacted A. Rounceville about a basic ebony sneaky blank and was told its about a 2yr wait on one. I know L. Vigus makes what you describe but have no idea as to his delivery timeline.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
i am actually getting them to make me a purple heart and ebony nose fs, schmelke
the butt only cost 180 and just 3 weeks

for low end custom full splices
cant be beat

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like and support Schmelke,
but they're not going to deliver the quality of
point work offered by the other named makers.
While both may be similar in construction
techniques, my Shelby Williams is light years
beyond my Schmelke's in terms of how the hit feels and general appearance.
It feels like it costs more. Weird statement, but true.

With Schmelke's exotic wood choices
and good quality standards, they're filling a very realistic gap in the custom cue market.

I also agree it's pretty hard to beat a Players
or J&J sneaky for under $100 for a good daily sparring cue.
They're perfect for leaving in the car as a back up.
The wood is treated and stabilized so they don't warp even for being cheap.

Last edited:

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't believe he's making full splice cues any longer. Someone chime in if I'm incorrect.
I think Tascerella also stopped making full spliced cues as well.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JohnNemic in Dallas for a 4 point FS with veneers
John is the best in the world

he threatens to quit every other day,
but if he agrees to make you a cue you will be a lucky stiff

AkGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Diveney does.

Pat Diveney does and you have held my two players. Why are you still shopping, just call him. I think he is going to Derby City soon. His web site said not taking custom orders at this time. He is a busy cue maker.

His text today said my 12" carbon fiber extension will be here Friday. Yeehaw, I will have cue as long as Earl. Now if I can just find those Ace Bandages...…

You just got a full splice cue from Mike Bender and it looks great. You should give it to me and go find another full splice. Your never happy or content and should get treatment for your cue and pool addiction.

Come shoot pool unless your scared of a 10 Ball beat down of epic proportions!

AK-Stick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dean,

Thanks for the info but I just want a very simple sneakypete made with a piece of Alaskan birch and blue mahoe wood I have. I know the birch is a nice piece the blue mahoe is questionable and ho hum.