I-2 vs. G core?

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
McDermott has both of these shafts available but it seems as if the I series shafts are only on the $1k+ cues and the G core is on their cues anywhere from $300 - $1k.

Other than the price difference, what's the difference between these shafts? Anyone have any feedback after having used them both?

Thanks in advance.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PaulieB...IIRC the I-Shafts are being phazed out by McDermott. Last year they went to Jerry Powers (Jerico Custom Cues; inventor of the Stinger break/jump cue) and asked him to "revamp" the I-Shaft series. He did so, but under his manufacturing dimensions...hence the new G-Core shafts by McDermott. The G stands for graphite, and the shafts have a graphite rod down the middle of the shaft. I've played with both. The G-Core is far superior, imo, and outplays other LD shafts (again IMHO) by other manufacturers. The G-Core is available in 11 3/4mm (same as Predator Z2 or OB2), 12 1/2mm (same as Predator 314 or OB1), and 13mm shaft sizes.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

McDermott has both of these shafts available but it seems as if the I series shafts are only on the $1k+ cues and the G core is on their cues anywhere from $300 - $1k.

Other than the price difference, what's the difference between these shafts? Anyone have any feedback after having used them both?

Thanks in advance.

paksat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PaulieB...IIRC the I-Shafts are being phazed out by McDermott. Last year they went to Jerry Powers (Jerico Custom Cues; inventor of the Stinger break/jump cue) and asked him to "revamp" the I-Shaft series. He did so, but under his manufacturing dimensions...hence the new G-Core shafts by McDermott. The G stands for graphite, and the shafts have a graphite rod down the middle of the shaft. I've played with both. The G-Core is far superior, imo, and outplays other LD shafts (again IMHO) by other manufacturers. The G-Core is available in 11 3/4mm (same as Predator Z2 or OB2), 12 1/2mm (same as Predator 314 or OB1), and 13mm shaft sizes.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Where can you find it at 11 3/4mm for purchase? I did a quick google and not getting much luck.