Jim Baxter Joint Protectors

Cue-Z

Billiard FingerSlides®
Silver Member
I have purchased severals sets of JPs from Jim Baxter over the years, so this review is LONG overdue.

First, Jim is one of the easiest people to deal with...He stands behind his product.

Second, the Jps are just gorgeous and beautifully crafted. It's gratifying to own a one-of-a-kind custom made product.

Third, the price is very reasonable. The JPs are a lot of Bang for the Buck!!

If you're looking to add some "Class" to your Cue Stick, check out Jim Baxter's JPs. WARNING: If you don't like compliments, don't purchase these.

Seriously, why put generic JPs on an Expensive Cue? I have Jim's JPs on all my cues. Don't hesitate to contact him and tell him exactly what you need. You won't be disappointed!!

Rotarded

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I couldn't agree more! Jim (and Christy) have made 4 superb sets for me and will be calling them the second I buy another cue. I get comments and compliments nearly every time I unzip my case.

Their customer service, communication, and products are first class.

Patrick

1 Pocket Addict
Silver Member
I've ordered a few sets myself and I will order more in the future. They do solid work.

-Patrick

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
His joint protectors are great. I am getting ready to get some more when my new cue gets finished.

Travis3c

AV Pool Nut
Silver Member
Ordered a set for my Nitti cue.

Here is a picture of them courtesy of Mr. Baxter himself.

IMG_1686.jpg

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have purchased severals sets of JPs from Jim Baxter over the years, so this review is LONG overdue.

First, Jim is one of the easiest people to deal with...He stands behind his product.

Second, the Jps are just gorgeous and beautifully crafted. It's gratifying to own a one-of-a-kind custom made product.

If you're looking to add some "Class" to your Cue Stick, check out Jim Baxter's JPs. WARNING: If you don't like compliments, don't purchase these.

Seriously, why put generic JPs on an Expensive Cue? I have Jim's JPs on all my cues. Don't hesitate to contact him and tell him exactly what you need. You won't be disappointed!!
ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!

They have made numerous JP's for me & i have referred several friends who are equally happy.

Good folks putting out a superior product

DirtyIrish

Not even close to the OGs
Silver Member
BEST DANG J/P's

I have heard some folks complain about prices????????????

and I have pm'd them and opened my big mouth BUT I could Not let someone badmouth 2 of the nicest folks on the forum.

my 1st set of JP's was a set a customer no pick up Jim and I jumped on them I have ordered sets for my high end cues and I have a list a mile long for cues I am getting ready to start selling after the new year (Long Story) Christy have GREAT history here and hoping they will continue I consider those 2 close Friends and I hope they feel the sameand my Irish temper will keep me typing those PM's
I even had both of my MCD dubliners (green,red) special ordered with the clover on top BEAUTIFUL
thanks
John Baker
aka
DirtyIrish

0ne9marine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jim and christy have done 2 sets for me. couldn't be happier. fantastic work, good response. VERY easy to work with. 1st set was used old dimes, 2nd set was a custom idea. i served with 1st bn. 9 marines, so have the USMC emblem on my butt and a 1 and a 9 on my shafts. means a lot to me. YOU CAN NOT GO WRONG WITH JIM!:thumbup:

ZiggyLee

I Love This Game!!!!
Silver Member
Jim baxter does some of the Best work...

Jim just finished up 2 sets of j/p's for me. I think that Jim and his wife do some of the best work in the business. For the money you can't beat them. Here are the 2 sets he just made for me.:thumbup:

Attachments

• IMG_5170_zps36547684.jpg
    IMG_5170_zps36547684.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 2,383
  • IMG_5171_zpsf3c653b1.jpg
    IMG_5171_zpsf3c653b1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 2,248

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just had a set done for my Lambros. I had trouble finding someone to make them since lambros ultra joint is different then anything out there. They came out perfect and thought I the price was very reasonable! Not to mention you couldn't deal with a more honest straight up guy WHO DOES WHAT HE PROMISES!! That is a rare bird in anything custom made in the pool world my friends.

garpew

Registered
I tried emailing Jim with the design, specifications and so on that I am interested and tell him my location, but a couple of bad experience is making him not very keen to commit, which I felt was a little disappointing but I don't blame him, since the bad experience is caused by postal service but ended up affecting him.

headmuses

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered a custom set from Mr. Baxter for a cue I owned a few years ago....long story short...I sold that cue, but kept the JP's as I knew someday I would own another cue with the same pin (radial) and now I use them for one of my new cues.

Jim makes a great product...stands behind his work...has great communication with his customers....what else is there to say? If you were ever wondering if he is the guy to make your custom JP's...pull the trigger, you wont be disappointed.

Headmuses.