FargoRate

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
Skylar Woodward has climbed to #4 spot in the USA and #41 in the world.

Siming Chen is still holding strong at #1 female in the world and #40 among all pool players in 8 ball 9 ball and 10 ball.

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
Why do you have such a hard on for this silly shit?

Out of the tens of millions of people who play pool in this world its nice to be able to narrow down to the top 100, these people should be celebrities, if it was any other sport they would be.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why do you have such a hard on for this silly shit?

We're actually trying to make Fargorate work in my poolroom, which is not far from you. We have a 9 ball tournament every Friday night and we are using the fargorate system for handicapping. The owner is still working out the kinks. We have instituted a call the nine to take the luck out of the game for low rated players. My first match was a race to 7 and I had to give up 5 games on the wire. Yup, my opponent lucked in the nine to win their second game.

PM me if you want to play this Friday night and I will give you the details, Woody. It's a great diverse group that shows up.

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Out of the tens of millions of people who play pool in this world its nice to be able to narrow down to the top 100, these people should be celebrities, if it was any other sport they would be.

You mean like all the celebrities in sports such as foosball, bocce ball, darts, etc?

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
You mean like all the celebrities in sports such as foosball, bocce ball, darts, etc?

You Sir have never met Tony Spredeman. The top Foosball player in the world. It's even rumored that he moved out of his mom's basement and now lives over a Chinese restaurant ;)

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You Sir have never met Tony Spredeman. The top Foosball player in the world. It's even rumored that he moved out of his mom's basement and now lives over a Chinese restaurant ;)

Hey now, Johnny Horton was the man........ :grin:

FOOSmoviepr008.jpg

Reactions: KRJ

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! :rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1:

Pool players that are celebrities because they have a high Fargorate???? Most people probably could not name the top 10-15 NASCAR drivers right now and they are celebrities who are on TV every week.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I wonder how accurate the Fargo ratings would be if one poolroom plays solely on 9' Diamonds, and the other poolroom plays solely on 7' Valleys. Would a 650 rated player on the valleys stand a chance against the 650 on a big table?

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
:)

I think we all know that answer.

I wonder how accurate the Fargo ratings would be if one poolroom plays solely on 9' Diamonds, and the other poolroom plays solely on 7' Valleys. Would a 650 rated player on the valleys stand a chance against the 650 on a big table?

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
[sarcasm]Concrete Evidence that Siming Chen is a better player then Skyler!!![/sarcasm]

PoppaSaun

Banned

Frederico Collignon is the top player in the world. Or was, until he retired. Still the biggest name in foosball.

Tony is in tight running with Brandon Moore for second place.

When Tony was around #3 in the world, I stuffed his shot from goal for the match winner.

Horton is a jackass.

Tony deserves a lot of credit, he's a great dude. Got certified as a welder, broke his back, recovered and regained his standing in foosball.

Last edited:

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

There might be 40 players in the Philippines that can give Chen the 7

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yes. That he wouldn't is is a common misconception.

Here is a way to look at it. Suppose East of the river in Metropolis all the tournaments are 7-foot Valleys. And west of the river they are all on shimmed 9-foot diamonds. East players stay east, and west players stay west.

Now don't think of the tournaments as producing Fargo Ratings. Think of them as producing a pecking order.

So after many many tournaments you are East #8 or West #22. And suppose these pecking orders are well established on both sides of the river. Now suppose we have east#10 play west #10 a long set somewhere else. And west crushes east. So west#10 moves up the ladder and beats East#9 and East#8 and East #7 and splits with East#6.

Now for Fargo Ratings West#10 and East #6 are going to end up with the same rating, maybe 650. Basically from this the entire east list shifts down. This kind of coupling happens all the time a little here and a little there such that someone who plays primarily on 7-foot Valleys doesn't somehow get extra credit.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

If the players in the two rooms never play outside their rooms, they will not have proper ratings. FargoRate depends on a connected web of competition. It cannot rate totally isolated rooms against each other.

If one player from each room goes to one US Open and each gets in maybe 30 games, then a connection is established but it is a very unreliable one. If half a room goes to a BCAPL event, then the ratings in that room becomes much more reliable.

More info about this is available on the FargoRate website.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im going to put on a dress and start obsessing over the FargoRate system too. All the cool kids are doing it.

Right on! LOLOLOLOL!

Cleary and I have went countless rounds with Mike about this very thing and I think we all have to just to agree to disagree - at least for now till we see what happens later on.But yes, I totally agree with you that this is a major flaw and just can't seem to wrap my head around " it just doesn't matter " explanation .