WWYD one pocket shot

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
picture.php

I have low right corner. Two balls are spotted same time and frozen. I could not figure any smart shot. I think this situtation probably arises a lot. So what would you do?

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When your not sure of what to do. Do something simple. Simply thin the back ball and play the cue ball back to the end rail next to opponents pocket.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I like playing an intentional and trying to roll the cueball into freezing against the back ball

BaconAZB

One Pocket Player
7-6 you or opponent???

If I need one ball, I am thinning the back ball and bringing cueball as close to my opponent's pocket and freezing to rail...if I need both balls, I like taking the intentional foul and attempting to grind it out...

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Just tried it....never been in this situation before.
I see the shot as bank the 5-ball at your hole with high left english.
The left enables the 5-ball to bank wide enough to get to the hole...
...and the thin hit catches the 1-ball and banks to your side of the table.
The cue ball goes to the end rail and spins to the second rail to your opponent’s side.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thinning 5 bringing cue off side rail to bottom rail near opponents pocket .... my play regardless if I need one or two.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love these posts. I always learn something from every post

I think kentucky's shot is the right shit the vast majority of the time.

Trying a hero shot from there can have a terrible penalty.

And the cb is better approx 1- .5 diamonds from opponent's pocket, rather than leaking over to side rail or worse, scratching.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
how did two balls get spotted at the same time there. did he make two at the same time in other pockets on the last shot.

shasta777

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it was me I would do 1 or 2 things...

1. Intentional foul... to have cue ball go over to opponent side behind balls...
2. thin cut behind the 5 ball & bring cue ball to opponents corner along top rail

another idea is to try to bank the nine ball cross sides with high right English
& bring cue ball back up to opponents corner area... (this one is a lil bold but is an option)… lol

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
if i was feelin frisky id kick into the side rail and kiss off the 5 trying to land right infront of his pocket leaving him nothing,

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The ones who would take a deliberate foul....not a good move....
...you aren’t in a trap here....look for a better answer.