Looking for help with info, and opinions on value of an Adam cue?

These are not my pics, so if the owner of this cue notices this post, then I apologize for using your pics. Can anyone tell me any info about this Adam cue? It has the very small Adam Lion logo in the butt, which I have rarely seen in Adam cues. Does anyone here know any info about this cue, or similar Adam cues, with this smaller Adam logo on them? Thank you for your help, or opinions on the value of the cue. Seller says that it is new, and never chalked, but says that it has a Loose Joint.

Attachments

• adam 1.jpg
    adam 1.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 358
  • adam 2.jpg
    adam 2.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 350

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it was new and never chalked, why would it have a loose joint?

What he said ^^^. That's a nice looking cue there Justin, but the joint shouldn't be loose. He may nean that when he 1st puts the screw in and for a couple turns it's not tigh, prolly get tight when it's almost all the way.

Last edited:
If it was new and never chalked, why would it have a loose joint?

It appears to be new, other then the lifting of the rings, causing the finish to bubble, over time. The loose joint can easily be repaired by a cue maker though, right? Anyways, back to the point of my thread. Does anyone know any info about these Adam cues, with the smaller then normal Adam logo? I have done a lot of searching, and I can't find any other Adam cues with the tiny little Adam logo on it. Are these cues from China, or Japan? Thanks for any info about them, if anyone knows. I appreciate your time in replying with any info that you know about the cue. Never mind about the condition. I should not have mentioned that part, because people are going off topic of my question. Thanks.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That exact cue is shown in the blue book of pool cues, third edition, by Brad Simpson. Shown second from the bottom on page 112. It is listed as 1997, with a listed mint condition value of $260 and $185 if in good condition. FYI, the third edition of this book was published in 2005 and I’m not sure if they are any more recent editions of the book with more updated cue values. The photo is not showing the Adam logo on the butt cap.

That exact cue is shown in the blue book of pool cues, third edition, by Brad Simpson. Shown second from the bottom on page 112. It is listed as 1997, with a listed mint condition value of $260 and $185 if in good condition. FYI, the third edition of this book was published in 2005 and I’m not sure if they are any more recent editions of the book with more updated cue values. The photo is not showing the Adam logo on the butt cap.

Thank you very much for the info.

Yeah, that was the last Blue Book of cues, and has been long out of print. I purchased one new back in around 2007, and then sold it about a year later. I really wish I had never sold it. That was a really great book.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It appears to be new, other then the lifting of the rings, causing the finish to bubble, over time. The loose joint can easily be repaired by a cue maker though, right? Anyways, back to the point of my thread. Does anyone know any info about these Adam cues, with the smaller then normal Adam logo? I have done a lot of searching, and I can't find any other Adam cues with the tiny little Adam logo on it. Are these cues from China, or Japan? Thanks for any info about them, if anyone knows. I appreciate your time in replying with any info that you know about the cue. Never mind about the condition. I should not have mentioned that part, because people are going off topic of my question. Thanks.
Looks like a fake. Even the newer Chinese made ADAM cues are nicer than this. You're welcome Justin.

Last edited:

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
By the way, Justin, there are variances in a 5/16 X 14 joint pin and brass insert. What might feel loose, may not actually be. The threads between pin and insert don't need to bind together when screwed together to be good. As long as the joint and shaft faces nice and flat, and there isn't a bad wobble, it can be fine.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Yeah, that was the last Blue Book of cues, and has been long out of print. I purchased one new back in around 2007, and then sold it about a year later. I really wish I had never sold it. That was a really great book.

Damn Justin, have you ever kept anything, other than your penchant for cheap cues?

By the way, Justin, there are variances in a 5/16 X 14 joint pin and brass insert. What might feel loose, may not actually be. The threads between pin and insert don't need to bind together when screwed together to be good. As long as the joint and shaft faces nice and flat, and there isn't a bad wobble, it can be fine.

Okay, the seller wrote me back today, and told me that he made a mistake, and that the joint is not loose on the cue. One other poster said that the cue looks fake. Well, I believe it to be a high quality, authentic Adam / Japan cue.

Thanks for your reply.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
He only accounts for having 1 account. Why would anyone need more then 1 account?

Wouldn't this be clearer if you said you only have one account at this time and have abandoned all your other account.

i take it your ban has expired and admin has welcomed you back

enjoy your membership rights

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do not let the 'Lion' logo fool you. Believe this is one of the Chinese 'Adam' specials and have little value.

IMO best ADAM's were made in Helmstetters Japan factory in 70's early 80's and featured Brass 5/16 x 18 pin with 'pointed' end. They also made Titleist blanks. Had one. Wish I would have kept it.

Not a real money maker for you Justin:shakehead: