Nice out by me

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice out but in all fairness, all of your shots were straight in.

J/K

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://youtu.be/wyz72RcrOzE

I thought I did a decent job of this ghost out. At least during the run I thought so:) Video edited to remove all time between shots.
Very nice. I thought the shape from the 2 to the 3 was a little surprising. Why not just follow up on the 2 off the end rail or bumping in to the right side of the 5 to set up the 3 in the side? Lastly, why not a little more follow instead of center / stun when shooting the 8, to leave a little less angle / easier shot on the 9?

Last edited:

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice out.
Nice table.
What size are the pockets?
I'm guessing 5 inches.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why take BIH after the break?
It’s called playing the ghost. Otherwise he’s hooked on the 1 ball and would have to kick or jump to hit it. It’s just a way a lot of higher skilled players like to practice - by playing a match vs the ghost. You take ball-.in-hand after the break. When you miss, you lose the game. If you run out, you win the game.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice. I thought the shape from the 2 to the 3 was a little surprising. Why not just follow up on the 2 off the end rail or bumping in to the right side of the 5 to set up the 3 in the side? Lastly, why not a little more follow instead of center / stun when shooting the 8, to leave a little less angle / easier shot on the 9?

2-3, I don't know:) Looking at the video now, and your suggestion, bumping the 5 does make sense. One thing I recall is hitting it the way I did made pocketing the ball seem easier to me, maybe that is why I saw that shot and went for it. I can't remember for sure, but I think I was actually trying to draw out much more, to play the 3 in the side. Obviously it didn't turn out that way.

8-9: I was definitely trying to get straighter on the 9. It didn't go forward at all. I think its the angle, IDK if it can go forward from there (with a soft stroke like I did).

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice out.
Nice table.
What size are the pockets?
I'm guessing 5 inches.

Yes, 5" pockets. Only the factory single shim. I torture myself enough on 5", I would never in a million years get a tight table for home. (but I do enjoy gambling on tight tables, just not for home).

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Yes, 5" pockets. Only the factory single shim. I torture myself enough on 5", I would never in a million years get a tight table for home. (but I do enjoy gambling on tight tables, just not for home).

You played it well. I thought the 1 to the 2 was very creative. I wouldn't have thought of that play.

You are definitely getting a lot better! Stroke looks great, keep it up your speed is improving.

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Very nice. I thought the shape from the 2 to the 3 was a little surprising.

Looked to me like he was trying to draw it back to the rail and back out to play the three in the side. I would have definitely slow rolled the two for the 3 in the side.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You played it well. I thought the 1 to the 2 was very creative. I wouldn't have thought of that play.

You are definitely getting a lot better! Stroke looks great, keep it up your speed is improving.

Thank you:)

Ps, I just started using YouTube royalty free music when I play. I just type in "royalty free music" on the search bar in YouTube, and play whatever comes up. Then when I edit the video, I don't have to worry about YouTube muting it.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Thank you:)

Ps, I just started using YouTube royalty free music when I play. I just type in "royalty free music" on the search bar in YouTube, and play whatever comes up. Then when I edit the video, I don't have to worry about YouTube muting it.

I recommend that you close those corners to 4.5" though as your next round of improvement. You are hitting them pretty straight, you don't need 5". Nothing hurt my game so much as buckets. It was painful but I went to 4" and my game gradually improved. (I now have 4.5" and prefer them).

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice.

Only critique is it looks/sounded like you gave up a bit on your stroke on the 5 ball.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Shot of the rack was the 4 ball imo... Easy to be too tentative on those by worrying about the side pocket.

Thought the shot on the 5 was perfect. Great angle on the 6 to roll through to the 7.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice.

Only critique is it looks/sounded like you gave up a bit on your stroke on the 5 ball.
The angle he left from the 5 to the 6 by hitting the stop shot left him a longer shot, but a better angle to pocket the 6 and go 2 cushions for good shape on the 7. Perhaps he was afraid if he drew it too far he would have lost his angle on the 6, leaving a tougher route to the 7.

I agree the 4 to the 5 was the best played shot in the runout. Fear of scratching in the side makes that shot much tougher for me than he made it look.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shot of the rack was the 4 ball imo... Easy to be too tentative on those by worrying about the side pocket.

Thought the shot on the 5 was perfect. Great angle on the 6 to roll through to the 7.

That shot was my sole point of critique: I'd suggest forward with L) and play 5 at other end, imo.

One has that fine sensitivity on his own table, but it is small margin of error to go in side pocket or bump that 5.