My Nitti in progress.......

Ruthless

~= Gator Nation =~
Silver Member
My Nitti in progress....... (Finished)

This cue is about 5% complete right now but I will update as it goes together.

The rings on the handle still need silver bands and silver dots w/ ivory centers. The ebony handle sections get a lot of ivory inlaid into each piece.

The forearm is way over sized in this pic and needs turned down to show the ebony recut edges on the points and it gets more inlays in the forearm also. The butt sleeve will be a mirror image of the forearm.

The rest of the rings are going to be different and need put together. The ferrules, joint, and buttcap will be ivory.

Tons more work to go but it should look pretty nice when finished. It will be with Chris at Valley Forge (I'll still be out collecting cans when I'm not in the free cheese line to help pay for it).

:D

Attachments

• n01.jpg
    n01.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,666
Last edited:

Ruthless

~= Gator Nation =~
Silver Member
PunchOut said:
what kind of wood is that in the forearm, its absolutely beautiful.

Thanks - It's amboyna burl :)

Attachments

• n04.jpg
    n04.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 1,593
Last edited:

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
Ruthless said:
Thanks - It's amboyna burl :)
This is going to be a beautiful cue and I love the sharp inlays that Chris does on his cues. I'm a fan of Amboyna Burl and that piece in your forearm is beautiful. Keep posting pictures to show the progress on the cue if you can.

Ruthless

~= Gator Nation =~
Silver Member

It is starting to look a little like a cue now.

This is where the fun starts............. Each section of the handle gets 8 long ivory diamonds (4 big & 4 shorter), the amboyna rings in the handle each get 8 silver dots with ivory in the center, then an ivory joint, ivory butt cap, joint protectors, and a couple shafts.

Chris says it will be done to go to VF.

Thanks for looking, :)

Attachments

• mynb.jpg
    mynb.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,430
Last edited:

Ruthless

~= Gator Nation =~
Silver Member
8 sharp points even though it still gets turned down some more.

Attachments

• mync.jpg
    mync.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 1,385
Last edited:

Ruthless

~= Gator Nation =~
Silver Member
one more for the road (8 pt butt sleeve)

Attachments

• mynd.jpg
    mynd.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 1,316

Ruthless

~= Gator Nation =~
Silver Member
Fliedout said:
I'm a huge fan of Chris' work--he just seems to get better and better.

I do agree and he does it all by hand (salute). When this one is finished he is going to start on my next one which will be a little more complicated to make. They will both be players cues, not collectors ;)

:)

Last edited:

Ruthless

~= Gator Nation =~
Silver Member
FAST_N_LOOSE said:
Are The Points Ivory?

Yes, everything white is ivory, the rest is either ebony, amboyna burl, or silver. No synthetics in this one. There will be 32 more diamonds and 24 dots of all ivory in the handle and another set of rings up top.

:)

All 4 handle sections will be identical to this un-finished piece.

Attachments

• handle sections.jpg
    handle sections.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1,140
Last edited:

wawacue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nitti cue

Ruthless

nice looking cue before it finish. I'm sure is gonna be a knockout looking cue from Chris, he makes great hitting cue also. love your Amboyna forearm. I also have a Amboyna Burl forearm cue from Chris & that cue plays like a monster. good luck & post some more pic's when the cue is done, I would love to see it. anyway, here my Nitti cue.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c350/wawacue/6fore.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c350/wawacue/6butt.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c350/wawacue/6full.jpg

wawacue

Ruthless

~= Gator Nation =~
Silver Member
wawacue said:
Ruthless

nice looking cue before it finish. I'm sure is gonna be a knockout looking cue from Chris, he makes great hitting cue also. love your Amboyna forearm. I also have a Amboyna Burl forearm cue from Chris & that cue plays like a monster. good luck & post some more pic's when the cue is done, I would love to see it. anyway, here my Nitti cue.

wawacue

Thanks and that's a very pretty cue that you have also. Chris only lives a few miles away so I see him often and he is good about calling when there is a decision or any change needed (at one time he wanted to make the handle and butt sleeve ivory also..... maybe the next one)

Pinocchio said:
I like your cue. When cue is finished what do you expect it to weigh?
Pinocchio

Thank You and it will weigh right close to 19oz :)

Last edited:

Ruthless

~= Gator Nation =~
Silver Member
A quick pic from today and I will delete it in a while because Chris says incomplete cues look like junk online.

This still needs to be turned down a final time on the lathe, pin installed, sanded, and sprayed (several times).

This cue is flawless and pictures won't do it justice even when finished I'm sure.

Everything white is ivory from end to end (even the joint protectors may be solid ivory).

Thanks for looking :)

Last edited:

dukeboy1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nice!!

WOW!!!! That is just a TON of work in that cue!! Great job Chris!!! You GOTTA post a pic of it when its complete! I'd really like to see that!