Tough Year - Voodoo Daddy

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Another loss of another looooooooooongtime internet forum friend... the great Voodoo Daddy, Steve Ferraro has passed.

The man was as real as it gets, and to me, he represented a common voice of reason and experience of a real player on the internet, as opposed to so many keyboard warriors.

I'm once again shocked and stunned. Many of you have met Voodoo Daddy. It would be hard pressed for anyone to not have loved this guy.

Freddie

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is shocking. I haven't seen him post in a while. I do have a photo of him taken at the, I think, 2002 U.S. Open. He was getting off the elevator, and I snapped it. He was a cool cat and will be sorely missed. :(

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fred...That's awful news. I just saw that Steve posted on FB just a couple of days ago. This must have been very sudden. My sincere condolences to his lovely wife and family. Voodoo will be sorely missed. :(

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish I could find the photo I had of him. I will keep searching. I did find this on FB. He loved music. We had a few back-and-forths about screaming guitars. :cool:

Attachments

• 13645068_10205824865815230_4064990819481972617_n.jpg
    13645068_10205824865815230_4064990819481972617_n.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 520

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow! I am shocked. I have not messaged him in a while. Prayers to his family.
Scott

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steve had a heart attack.

Take care of your health people! Start now if you haven't started yet.

Steve died way too young. He was a great friend and will be sorely missed by a whole lot of people.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Thanks, Fran. He was way too young. 52, this year, if I remembered...

Eric

Brian in VA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very sad tonight to learn that Voodoo passed away. Super guy. Player in the first CCB tournament a at the US Open back in 2000.

RIP Big Steve.

Brian in VA

poolandpokerman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He was a great guy I met him when he lived in Detroit for a short time, really like him, he would come to the Derby and we hung out for a while.

Tom

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Always a calm voice of reason, in a sea of know-it-all pool wannabes!..He will be missed!
...RIP Big Daddy!

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Sad to hear. I had the pleasure of meeting and shooting with Voodoo Daddy in about 2010. Good guy for sure and he'll be missed.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Sorry to hear of Steve's passing.

Sincere condolences to Steve's family and many friends.

JoeyA

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Another loss of another looooooooooongtime internet forum friend... the great Voodoo Daddy, Steve Ferraro has passed.

The man was as real as it gets, and to me, he represented a common voice of reason and experience of a real player on the internet, as opposed to so many keyboard warriors.

I'm once again shocked and stunned. Many of you have met Voodoo Daddy. It would be hard pressed for anyone to not have loved this guy.

Freddie

Sorry to hear this Fred. Met him in Warren, MI about 10 or so years ago. He seemed like a good man.

Barbara

Wilson deleted my avatar
Silver Member
This is very sad to hear. He was a genuine person to know. He will be missed.

Barbara