Jin is now 9 years old and working harder than ever.... just some updates

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey everyone, just a few updates of my son Jin for those that may be curious. He has been practicing coming up on 2 years in a couple months. What a journey it's been so far...

Thank you to his sponsors:
Pechauer Custom Cues
Kamui
Brutal Game Gear

Here he was playing SVB, some of you have already viewed it.
SVB @ Wyoming Sept 30, 2017
https://youtu.be/duqmG5eV7VA

Recently at Super Billiard Expo 2019 he had the opportunity to play some legends: Ralf Souquet, Thorsten Hohman, and Emily Duddy
Ralf Souquet, Thorsten Hohmann, and Emily Duddy
https://youtu.be/_oYm2bVwuAk

The next week after SBE, we were in Wyoming and Jin had a chance to play a few racks with Billy Thorpe, Billy and other Mosconi team members all stuck around for well over an hour with by little man.
Billy @ WyomingThorpe April 6th, 2019
https://youtu.be/FZpecWIxpIo

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He is awesome. Are you a pretty serious player yourself? How early did he start?

I wouldnt consider myself a serious player currently. I used to consider myself decent about 15 years ago lol.

Jin start mid 2017.... I had no idea he was interested until one day and he has been hooked since. Besides school, he lives and breathes pool.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I was just wondering if maybe he’s grown up seeing you play all the time. I guess school has a place in life ;) I hope things work out for him, he’s a talented little guy.

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was just wondering if maybe he’s grown up seeing you play all the time. I guess school has a place in life ;) I hope things work out for him, he’s a talented little guy.

Thanks for the kind words Jeff. I started to play lightly in 2017 after a trip to the Philippines where I got I to my first game in over a decade lol.

One day on our way to Dave n busters I stop to pick up chalk and he saw a tiny cue... I asked if he wanted arcade day or try out pool. We went to play pool and that was it.... he did 20-24 hours a weekend at a pool hall until I got him his own table.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So much fun watching him play with Billy.
The mosconi guys were all class.
I also like how pechauer gets behind alot
of young players.
Thanks for posting these. This is what pool is
all about.

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So much fun watching him play with Billy.
The mosconi guys were all class.
I also like how pechauer gets behind alot
of young players.
Thanks for posting these. This is what pool is
all about.

They definitely were.... they could have easily walked off. Even Billy could have played a quick rack and gone about his business.

Pechauer does give so much back to pool and the juniors...

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As always, it was a real pleasure to see Jin play.

He is improving at a very fast rate. All his and "your" hard works shows in his fundamentals.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Rake

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey everyone, just a few updates of my son Jin for those that may be curious. He has been practicing coming up on 2 years in a couple months. What a journey it's been so far...

Thank you to his sponsors:
Pechauer Custom Cues
Kamui
Brutal Game Gear

Here he was playing SVB, some of you have already viewed it.
SVB @ Wyoming Sept 30, 2017
https://youtu.be/duqmG5eV7VA

Recently at Super Billiard Expo 2019 he had the opportunity to play some legends: Ralf Souquet, Thorsten Hohman, and Emily Duddy
Ralf Souquet, Thorsten Hohmann, and Emily Duddy
https://youtu.be/_oYm2bVwuAk

The next week after SBE, we were in Wyoming and Jin had a chance to play a few racks with Billy Thorpe, Billy and other Mosconi team members all stuck around for well over an hour with by little man.
Billy @ WyomingThorpe April 6th, 2019
https://youtu.be/FZpecWIxpIo

He shoots great, another foot on him and he'll be a top regional player. All focus on the table and shots. First game bank to side to get shape on the 8 was an advanced shot, I know people that played for decades that would not have seen that, much less been able to execute it.

He can probably play even with Emily now from the way he ran out on Thorsten. That look on her face was not "what a nice kid" it was "I can't beat him".

Last edited:

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He plays real good. He did not seem to be bothered by all the random activity around the table either!! The last guy that showed up with the hat near the end was kind of odd. I suspect a lot of the posters here would be bothered by that based on a bunch of posts about stuff like that happening to them.

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He plays real good. He did not seem to be bothered by all the random activity around the table either!! The last guy that showed up with the hat near the end was kind of odd. I suspect a lot of the posters here would be bothered by that based on a bunch of posts about stuff like that happening to them.

Thanks for that..... We are still working on the mental game very hard which also includes tuning everything else out.

That guy.... not sure exactly who he is but both last year and this year, he was with Emily getting tons of video with his gopro. Not sure where it goes.....

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How does he get practice time?

You have a home table?
When he first started we spent 20-24 hours each weekend at the pool hall. He was proving to me he was really in this before I finally got him a table. We got a used GC IV and then traded with some cash for the Diamond.

Do him a pool playing favor, keep him off AZB aiming forum.

LOL.... I keep him off here completely except for reading him the comments that he should be aware of.

Last edited:

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9 years old and he's practicing on a pro-cut 9ft?

I have a ~10yrs old nephew and he's on my table from the time his parents are over til they leave.
Not much coordination though b/c he doesn't get to play much.

Last edited:

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9 years old and he's practicing on a pro-cut 9ft?

I have a ~10yrs old nephew and he's on my table from the time his parents are over til they leave.
Not much coordination though b/c he doesn't get to play much.

Yeah... our corners are at 4". He wants a snooker table or at least a Chinese 8 ball table for practice. My problem is I'd turn it into firewood within minutes.