Eye opener...

Melissa Morris

Someone at the last event asked me how long I have been playing... I had to stop and think and then I realized I have been playing on tour since 2002. It was at the time I asked myself what am I doing here. I have been playing on tour for 6 six years and I have gone nowhere. This was a real eye opener for me. I think it is time for me to rethink things. Yes I love the game, I love to compete, and I love the traveling and meeting new people. But I don't know how much longer I can keep doing this. I'm going to finish the year out and then I'm really going to do some serious thinking. If I don't start dedicating myself to this game and start playing more than once a week I'm going to have to give it up.

Just something I had to let out...

morinj29

Banned
playing on the tour

Melissa Morris said:
Someone at the last event asked me how long I have been playing... I had to stop and think and then I realized I have been playing on tour since 2002. It was at the time I asked myself what am I doing here. I have been playing on tour for 6 six years and I have gone nowhere. This was a real eye opener for me. I think it is time for me to rethink things. Yes I love the game, I love to compete, and I love the traveling and meeting new people. But I don't know how much longer I can keep doing this. I'm going to finish the year out and then I'm really going to do some serious thinking. If I don't start dedicating myself to this game and start playing more than once a week I'm going to have to give it up.

I am sorry to hear that you are thinking about giving up the game. Yes it can be trying at times, but you already do what a lot of women and men pool players only wish you can do and that is to play professionally. I have been playing pool competively for more than 10 years and haven't come close to the level where I can hang with the guys on the tour. I only wish I had the time to dedicate myself to the game that I love, but I belong to uncle sam until I decide I don't want to be in the military anymore. Even though I cannot put in the amount of time that I would like, I still dream of one day not only being able to compete but to hopefully be a champion as well. Just something to think about. Don't give up on your dreams.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Melissa Morris said:

It is always good to reflect upon ones self, and it certainly is the only way to make a difficult decision like this. I wish you the best no matter what you decide to do, in my opinion you have been a great player and you really have nothing to prove to anyone.

Take Care and best Wishes!!!!!!

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
Melissa Morris said:

Maybe take a year off tour, as long as you don't lose your status.

A break away from the game is a good way to re-prioritize things in your life.

As a competative person myself, it drives me nuts not to improve and climb the rankings. Truth is, for you and all other working people, to stay at the top of the game may take more hours than you have.

You are tremendously talented, that got you very far, the next step/level is about dedication.

I am always rooting for you killer!

sunnyday

Ima Gangsta Bunny!
Silver Member
Good luck

Melissa Morris said:

Mellisa,

Good luck to you what ever you decide. ;)

Sunny

Rono8275

Registered
I'd love to be able to play professionally, but it isn't going to happen. I give too many golf lessons from March through October - I don't even see a pool table during that time. Yes, it takes time, a lot of time. If you can do it, do it! I'd hate for you to regret not playing longer later in life.

Hajidub

Registered
Melissa maybe you need a break, then get back into it with more passion. What do they say "distance makes the heart grow fonder?"

BTW, while you're off don't join my league, I have a hard enough time with the good players already :D

TheLoneSilencer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Melissa maybe you need a break, then get back into it with more passion. What do they say "distance makes the heart grow fonder?"

BTW, while you're off don't join my league, I have a hard enough time with the good players already :D

Why are you responding to a thread from years ago? Are you trying to build up your post count on purpose?

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Why are you responding to a thread from years ago? Are you trying to build up your post count on purpose?

Well Mr. Silencer, when a member is new to the forums they can sometimes click on a thread without even realizing it has a date. Never considering the possibility that said thread could be 6 years old. The original poster having been MIA for years. Several followup posters banned and already back with new names and banned again. The thread was just sitting there in the open after all. Why would someone expect a current looking thread to be many years old?

There are some who would post on old threads as a way to up the post count, thinking that since it’s so old it will just sit there in the bowels of the internet as they post and repost pictures of cat teats. Alas...they post and the thread comes to the fore for all to see their shame. I don’t believe such is the case here though. You wanna play some 1P?