is the schmidt record legit or not

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you really asking, or do you know the answer and you are Matlock'n us?

I really don't know. I thought pockets of old were like 5.25" and 5.5 (corners and sides).

What size were they and what size did John run on?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I really don't know. I thought pockets of old were like 5.25" and 5.5 (corners and sides).

What size were they and what size did John run on?
Here's the info about John's fourth series of attempts:

14.1 Challenge IV
Easy Street Billiards
Monterey, California

John Schmidt Equipment List:

Rebco Pocket Billiard Table 4½ x 9
Drop Pockets - No Ball Return
Simonis 760 Tournament Cloth Blue
5 inch Corner Pockets
5½ inch Side Pockets
Sardo Rack
Super Aramith Pro Belgian Billiard Balls
Predator P3 Red Butt
Predator Revo 12.4mm Carbon Composite Shaft
19.5 oz and 58 inches
Techno Dud Tip by Outsville
Taom Pyro Blue Chalk
Predator Second Skin Billiard Glove
Predator Urbain 3x5 Hard Case Red

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
It's like groundhog day. We will soon move on to re-hashing what end of the table was used, how often the balls were polished and whether Mosconi wore cargo shorts.

Sent from the future.

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's the info about John's fourth series of attempts:

14.1 Challenge IV
Easy Street Billiards
Monterey, California

John Schmidt Equipment List:

Rebco Pocket Billiard Table 4½ x 9
Drop Pockets - No Ball Return
Simonis 760 Tournament Cloth Blue
5 inch Corner Pockets
5½ inch Side Pockets
Sardo Rack
Super Aramith Pro Belgian Billiard Balls
Predator P3 Red Butt
Predator Revo 12.4mm Carbon Composite Shaft
19.5 oz and 58 inches
Techno Dud Tip by Outsville
Taom Pyro Blue Chalk
Predator Second Skin Billiard Glove
Predator Urbain 3x5 Hard Case Red

As always Thank you sir.

Do you know the specs for the Mosconi 526?

Someone claimed John's is invalided do to the table specs (not if he did it or not).

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As always Thank you sir.

Someone claimed John's is invalided do to the table specs (not if he did it or not).

There's a never-ending set of what ifss.

Proceed with helmet.

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's a never-ending set of what ifss.

Proceed with helmet.
Honestly don't know what you mean.

For clarity, I was asking because some said that because of the "conditions" of John's run it wasn't legit. My question was, did Mosconi's run get done on a table with smaller pockets? I understand the cloth would be different with different pros and cons to it. But the pocket size someone mentioned is what made me ask (since I thought but might be wrong, the old tables had larger pockets not "Pro Cut" 4.5" pockets).

And I think any run over 100 on a table with even 6" pockets would be good (but I'm a Ham'N Egger).

Hope this clears up my question/reasoning...

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
As always Thank you sir.

Oversized 8' (8 1/2 foot) table, generally thought to be same size (5 inch-ish) corner pockets. No word on what chalk was used.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Honestly don't know what you mean.

For clarity, I was asking because some said that because of the "conditions" of John's run it wasn't legit. My question was, did Mosconi's run get done on a table with smaller pockets? I understand the cloth would be different with different pros and cons to it. But the pocket size someone mentioned is what made me ask (since I thought but might be wrong, the old tables had larger pockets not "Pro Cut" 4.5" pockets).

And I think any run over 100 on a table with even 6" pockets would be good (but I'm a Ham'N Egger).

Hope this clears up my question/reasoning...

I hear you...

Honestly, at this point the run seems likely, but not 100% proven.

There will be some folks who will never be convinced, or believe 626 is somehow less than what it is coz of some self-determined condition.

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hear you...

Honestly, at this point the run seems likely, but not 100% proven.

There will be some folks who will never be convinced, or believe 626 is somehow less than what it is coz of some self-determined condition.

Thanks.

I just don't see pocket size being the issue. Yes I want to see it, and hope it's real. but the statement that it doesn't count because the pockets weren't regulation size caught my eye and made me wonder.

Plus I know lots that don't know what 4.5" pockets really look like (and think the balls are 2.5" not 2.25" not sure the metric size cause I'm stupid American lol)...

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Are we really still talking about pocket size? It and the size of the balls are the one thing that was the same for Mosconi and JS.

Sent from the future.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
I just don't see pocket size being the issue...

If you don't see issues then you are welcome on the hawk side of the forum. Or were we the rabid ground squirrels with lassos? Anyway, we're all in a field, near a fence (I think), and Harriman has his radar on while the black BCA helicopters circle. Or he's circling. I don't know, but hey, welcome to Danny's block list!

Don't get too dizzy.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you don't see issues then you are welcome on the hawk side of the forum. Or were we the rabid ground squirrels with lassos? Anyway, we're all in a field, near a fence (I think), and Harriman has his radar on while the black BCA helicopters circle. Or he's circling. I don't know, but hey, welcome to Danny's block list!

Don't get too dizzy.

I needed a laugh. I just got bad news confirmed today about surgeries coming up reeeeeel soon.

Like I said, I appreciate the laughs, but please don't make me laugh after I'm cut and then stitched up......ouch.

Jeff

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
1. Open AZBilliards.com

1. Don't sign in

2. Click on Forums

3. Click on Threads

4. Free Sailing for Lurkers/Trollers, go anywhere, see anything

5. No one ignored/blocked

You can just sign in occasionally and have fun parodying these serious keyboard warriors. Why do you think there are about 60,000 members and only about 500 posters. I wouldn't doubt that John Schmidt is and his Team Members are, in reality, lurking nearby and taking names for when a$$-kicking time comes around. Paybacks are ????
Yeah, we know how it works. You forgot step 6: Go into the next room and alert the other two personalities.
Sent from the future.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
John doesn't strike me as someone who would make it up. Plus, hasn't he been showing a movie now where people have watched the run? There is footage of him running over 400 on youtube. Add a few more racks to that and there you have it. I'm confident it's legit.

I would still rather watch the Mike Sigel 150 and out run on YOUTUBE from back in the day. Or the Irving Crane 150. Competition high runs are way more exciting.

Sigels straight game is legit, and his how to video on it as well, but I still cant take his freakimg complaining and hamd gestures and noises. Makes strickland look like a monk sometimes. Lol.