Those markers ref use when cleaning cueball

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
Those markers are sold only on a Snooker site....They are for a 2 1/16" snooker ball it says on their site....But they should work for a 2 1/4" regular ball..Right? When they pick up the cue ball and leave the marker in it's place...
Because my friend is trying to find one to buy and that's all he can find...
Anyone know?

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
You can use that for a gum ball,basketball or a beach ball.....Round is round.

Rob.M

Those markers are sold only on a Snooker site....They are for a 2 1/16" snooker ball it says on their site....But they should work for a 2 1/4" regular ball..Right? When they pick up the cue ball and leave the marker in it's place...
Because my friend is trying to find one to buy and that's all he can find...
Anyone know?

Jobba786

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The fit will not be perfect, but most markers will work fine.

The dimensions of the balls in the area touching the marker are not very different, and the smaller the marker, the better the larger ball fit.

-Jon Birger

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cleaning any ball during a game is a MOVE!
Corey has done it and laughed about it.
Prima donna pros looking to make a move....its a joke!.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd use pocket change. Same for golf. Use a quarter and save your money.

I've used the webbing between my thumb and forefinger as well. I'm too cheap to spend money on something like that.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
I've seen them on one of the pool and billiard web sites - Mueller, Pool Dawg, Ozone, Monster Break, Seyberts, or one of the others, but I don't remember which one.
I would think you just make one

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is all you need; with even the least level of skills anyone with a handsaw or hacksaw can easily make one in less than 30 minutes. It lasts forever and fits any cue case:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=286060

I've made a dozen of them over the years for friends who owned not a single hand tool, but were great pool playing partners.

Arnaldo

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Cleaning any ball during a game is a MOVE!
Corey has done it and laughed about it.
Prima donna pros looking to make a move....its a joke!.
The player is within his rights to ask for any visibly soiled ball to be cleaned. If you're concerned about skids, and the cue ball is well-marked with chalk spots, you should get the cue ball cleaned.

It's not always a move.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The snooker markers are constructed so it's also possible to measure whether a ball will spot without touching/moving a nearby ball. Also, they can assist exact spotting by having an opening that can be centered on the spot to be used.

I had a marker made for pool that was shaped like a V or L with a right angle between the arms and the arms half a ball long. The thickness of the arms was set so that when the marker was placed against the ball, completing the square inside the arms would put the point of added square at the bottom of the ball. I had a square of the right size made so by placing the marker, removing the ball, placing the square and marking the point of the square, I can mark the point the ball is sitting on the table. Reverse the procedure and you can put the ball back on a marked spot, precisely.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We do use chalk normally even national competitions. Just put chalk against cue ball and you can do it really good accuracy.
I would clean ball whenever there is not too much matter about cue ball precise position.
Sometimes if there is ball where is high chance to get bad contact I ask player check cue ball position too.
Just good sportsmanship from both is needed nothing more.