Value of a Brunswick Anniversary Snooker Table

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a 9' Brunswick Anniversary snooker table, pretty complete but in pieces that I would like to sell, but I have no idea as to what to ask for it. (Yes, it is a 9-footer) I picked it up a few years back on a trip through Wichita, KS, from a demolition contractor who took it out of an old bar he was tearing down. He was going to scrap the aluminum castings, save the slates to make a rec room bar out of and burn the rest! Right after getting it I did some research with AZB's late Mr. Bond, and as near as we could tell it probably is a late 1940s model. Anyway, I recently remembered it was in a warehouse of mine, and I would like to get it into the hands of someone that will have more use for it than I do. If any of you out there have any idea as to a fair asking price I would appreciate your input.

It was disassembled when I first saw it, and although I think it is pretty much all there I can't guarantee the completeness of every nut and bolt. All the main stuff is there other than the aluminum leg bands, From the look of the veneer at the bottom of the legs the bands were missing for quite a while, but new bands would cover the damage without needing to re-veneer the legs. The hard rubber pockets and the cushions are shot, and one long and one short rail apron will need to be replaced due to pieces being broken out of them. Maybe just the long apron would need replacement, as I think you could shorten the good part of the existing one to make a short one.

This is a snooker table, but as it already is in need of restoration I believe it could be converted to a 9' pool table with reasonable additional effort. I'm not sure what all that would entail, but it may be as simple as changing out the rails, or maybe changing the rails and recutting the pocket openings.

I don't have any photos at present, but I will take some before actually running an ad. The pieces are going to be kind of a PITA to get to in order to photo them, so I don't want to do it until I know there will be some interest. Thanks in advance for any comments.

sjb

evolving player
Silver Member
I'd suggest checking with someone like Billiard Restoration Service in Clay Center, Kansas. They could be a buyer.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would think it would bring less than a 9' Anniversary Pool Table. Most potential buyers would want to convert the rails to pool which can be pricy.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
It is really all about condition and completeness. Sight unseen I'd say it needs a $9000 restoration to be worth $9,500.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

9 Ball Fan

Darth Maximus
Silver Member
On the other hand, some people would like to have a Snooker table, but don't have room for a 10' plus table.

There is a target buyer out there, I'm certain.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
$1500 tops!

Ding ding ding. I had one years ago in very good condition, could not find a buyer for a long, long time. Finally let it go for 1K. There are just not many snooker players around any more. It would probably sell a lot better in Canada.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had trouble selling a 10 foot Centennial Pool Table

I finally took $1500,the semi 10 foot craze was on in tournaments at that time

you might contact Mark gGegory to buy it from you

if you have $10,ooo for him to rebuild it
you could have one of the prettiest tables ever made

when he rebuild it with all new exotic woods,you could have something to crow about for the rest of your life

$10,000 may not be enough but it will be the best if he has time

Best wishes
Dean

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is really all about condition and completeness. Sight unseen I'd say it needs a $9000 restoration to be worth $9,500.

This is my thought also, also, converting to a pool table is not just changing the rails, and not many people ever do it correctly. Which equals expensive, or chop job , you choose.
The castings being missing are also a real bummer, you might get double if they were there , but when they are gone, the table looks cheesy.
I would put it on CL for 1000 and hope somebody offered 700, and I would take the first 500 offered .
There are thousands of snooker tables around the country that people can't sell for 300.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That's logical.

I was gonna say take the first 500$ that promises to never contact you again about it.

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is my thought also, also, converting to a pool table is not just changing the rails, and not many people ever do it correctly. Which equals expensive, or chop job , you choose.
The castings being missing are also a real bummer, you might get double if they were there , but when they are gone, the table looks cheesy.
I would put it on CL for 1000 and hope somebody offered 700, and I would take the first 500 offered .
There are thousands of snooker tables around the country that people can't sell for 300.

The castings are there. I bought the table before the guy scrapped them.

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had trouble selling a 10 foot Centennial Pool Table

I finally took $1500,the semi 10 foot craze was on in tournaments at that time

you might contact Mark gGegory to buy it from you

if you have $10,ooo for him to rebuild it
you could have one of the prettiest tables ever made

when he rebuild it with all new exotic woods,you could have something to crow about for the rest of your life

$10,000 may not be enough but it will be the best if he has time

Best wishes
Dean

I know you're right, Dean, but I don't have a space for it even if I did have it restored. I bought it simply because I couldn't just let it be scrapped out and destroyed.

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ding ding ding. I had one years ago in very good condition, could not find a buyer for a long, long time. Finally let it go for 1K. There are just not many snooker players around any more. It would probably sell a lot better in Canada.

Yeah, I think you're right about it selling better in Canada. I live in Wisconsin, so I'm hoping I'm close enough to some parts of Canada that someone there may want to come get it. I don't have a lot into it and it's not about making a profit for me on this. I could make more than I have in it just by selling the pocket castings and hardware to a restoration parts supplier, but I don't want to see it broken up for scrap. These are such beautiful tables when restored.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Yeah, I think you're right about it selling better in Canada. I live in Wisconsin, so I'm hoping I'm close enough to some parts of Canada that someone there may want to come get it. I don't have a lot into it and it's not about making a profit for me on this. I could make more than I have in it just by selling the pocket castings and hardware to a restoration parts supplier, but I don't want to see it broken up for scrap. These are such beautiful tables when restored.
Snooker pocket castings are smaller than pocket pool castings.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Can they be made to work if the rails are converted to pool?

They're not the only problem, the rails are to skinny for pool too, the snooker sights don't line up with pool diamonds, and the rails are slightly longer than pool rails, and the slate pocket shelfs are deeper than Diamonds are.

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They're not the only problem, the rails are to skinny for pool too, the snooker sights don't line up with pool diamonds, and the rails are slightly longer than pool rails, and the slate pocket shelfs are deeper than Diamonds are.

RKC, I followed you on all of this except the pocket shelves being deeper than Diamonds. I'm thinking you meant to say "deeper than pocket pool shelves?" From the changes that would need to be made, is it your opinion that it really isn't a viable plan to try to convert this from snooker to pocket pool?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
RKC, I followed you on all of this except the pocket shelves being deeper than Diamonds. I'm thinking you meant to say "deeper than pocket pool shelves?" From the changes that would need to be made, is it your opinion that it really isn't a viable plan to try to convert this from snooker to pocket pool?

Yes, snooker corner pocket shelves are real deep. As far as the cost to turn it into a real pool table, yes, to be done RIGHT, it's going to cost more than if it was already a pool table.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Yes, snooker corner pocket shelves are real deep. As far as the cost to turn it into a real pool table, yes, to be done RIGHT, it's going to cost more than if it was already a pool table.

Glen....how about converting to a Chinese 8-ball table?