Silver Member
Does anyone have gold 860 simonis and if so, how do you like it
and what chalk do you use?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm goin' waaaay out on a limb and sayin' that gold chalk would be highly recommended. I grew up in a room with gold cloth. Still hate the thought of it. Green or Tournament Blue. That's all.

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm goin' waaaay out on a limb and sayin' that gold chalk would be highly recommended. I grew up in a room with gold cloth. Still hate the thought of it. Green or Tournament Blue. That's all.

Thanks for the answer, you have been very unhelpful. As we all know, chalk color almost never match s cloth color.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Master makes a gold chalk, Silver Cup offers a tan chalk. Either will work. The biggest problem you'll have is other players to come play on your table that may have their own cues with blue chalk on their tips and they might even bring their blue personal chalk with them. Blue chalk marks are extremely hard to remove from camel or gold colored Simonis cloth. That's the only reason we'll never have either of those colors in our poolroom again, but they are both great colors to play on, other than how they clash with the 1-ball.

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Master makes a gold chalk, Silver Cup offers a tan chalk. Either will work. The biggest problem you'll have is other players to come play on your table that may have their own cues with blue chalk on their tips and they might even bring their blue personal chalk with them. Blue chalk marks are extremely hard to remove from camel or gold colored Simonis cloth. That's the only reason we'll never have either of those colors in our poolroom again, but they are both great colors to play on, other than how they clash with the 1-ball.

Thanks, I only play with one other person and he only plays on my table.
I know from years ago, blue chalk is tough

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I said gold and this dude got all pissy. WTF color does he think would go with gold cloth. WOW.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Zero issues with anyone showing up with blue or green chalked tips - a simple paper towel acting as a tip scuffer/shaper works great.....then simply give them your cloth-matching chalk. I’ve never had one complaint. And if they did scoff at that request or complain, well, they get one other option: play with any of my house cues that are most likely better than what they brought

Can’t we all just get along - it’s chalk. And it’s damn important . It must match the cloth.

Let’s play!

~ K.

Linwood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To your original question though, I ordered a table and saw gold and saw camel and picked camel. I think the gold was a bit bright. I loved the camel. It looks best if you have warm colors in the room (natural woods, etc.)

i-nmszXDs-XL.jpg

It also looked nice with the slightly yellow tones on the Centennial ball set:

i-j7PQMdc-XL.jpg

When I moved, unfortunately, my new house was all cold grey and neutral colors, so I switched to powder blue. Originally was going with one of the more saturated ones until I saw the real cloth.

But I miss the camel.

Your tastes may differ, but to me I think there is a danger in picking a striking color that while it may look nice at first, but may get old being the brightest color in the room after a while. Gold isn't like Fushia of course, I think it would look good, but you asked. :smile:

Nice that they send real samples out, by the way. Kudos to them.

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
To your original question though, I ordered a table and saw gold and saw camel and picked camel. I think the gold was a bit bright. I loved the camel. It looks best if you have warm colors in the room (natural woods, etc.)

i-nmszXDs-XL.jpg

i-j7PQMdc-XL.jpg

When I moved, unfortunately, my new house was all cold grey and neutral colors, so I switched to powder blue. Originally was going with one of the more saturated ones until I saw the real cloth.

But I miss the camel.

Your tastes may differ, but to me I think there is a danger in picking a striking color that while it may look nice at first, but may get old being the brightest color in the room after a while. Gold isn't like Fushia of course, I think it would look good, but you asked. :smile:

Thanks for the picture, I will go with the camel. It also helps that
my wife agrees with it

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member

i-nmszXDs-XL.jpg

i-j7PQMdc-XL.jpg

But I miss the camel.

Very Nice! And fantastic photos.

Excellent point about the Centennials.

BTW, what method and product do you use to clean the balls? The way the light comes off the 2, 4, 6 and 7 in that photo, the sheen resembles that of Chritmas tree ornaments.

Linwood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very Nice! And fantastic photos.

Excellent point about the Centennials.

BTW, what method and product do you use to clean the balls? The way the light comes off the 2, 4, 6 and 7 in that photo, the sheen resembles that of Chritmas tree ornaments.
Sadly that photo was taken in the first days, and they are a bit less shiny now and I need to work on them.

I have some of the aramith polish that seems to work OK, manually with a microfiber. The cue ball though has chalk marks that just do not come off well with that. I've been using glass top cleaner for stoves. That seems a bit more aggressive and easier to get the cue clean, though I plan to buy a couple more, there are a couple scratches on it from (I think) some guests scooping it up and onto the tile floor.

Thanks for the picture, I will go with the camel. It also helps that
my wife agrees with it

Then none of our opinions matter. :p