EL JEFE Reports on Hopklins SBE

Magik Wandzzzzz

Cue Builder Since 1973
Silver Member
Fellow Members of The USBA and other interested parties:

The 2010 Hopkins SBE was the best ever and I have been going for years. Cross your fingers and knock on wood, it looks like there will be a carom table there in 2011 thanks to the generous support of Allen Hopkins. The dates for the 2011 SBE are 10-13 March.

Besides volunteers to help man the table [it will be available 24 hours a day for 4 days] we also need people to donate money so that we may present the kind of show that we have in mind, including live streaming.

I have asked my fellow cue builders to make a carom cue and donate it to the cause. Almost 30 of them have promised cues. As of this date I have two in hand and they are for sale. Images will be posted on my web site by the end of the week. Call [734-428-1161] or e mail [ cuemaker@earthlink.net ] me for details, to donate or to volunteer. If you PM me I will be slow in getting back to you as I am not on AZ every day.

Yours in caroms,
Dennis Dieckman

PS: Here is a pic of me hard at work politiking......

Attachments

• 2010 Hopkins me jimbo  IMG_4867.jpg
    2010 Hopkins me jimbo IMG_4867.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

Drawman623

Box Cue lover
Silver Member
El Jefe speaks

Mr. Hopkins also told me there would be a carom table next year. Great news!

I like the picture but what exactly are you politicing for... this one could have the makings of a great caption contest.

Thank you Dieckman for striving to bring carom to the masses. I'll have a booth next year and can offer to look after your cues for sale while you are teaching at the tables.

I will also make several memorabilia donations for player prizes of fund raisers here on AZ. Please PM for more details.

crazycueman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great news about next year's SBE!

Thank you for the update...

It is great news that there will now be a Billiards table at SBE next year!!!
It is also nice to see that carom cue makers and builders are helping to promote the game with their carom cue donations. EL JEFE had a great idea and I am sure that this Expo along with the carom cues that will be donated will help promote the game.

Again, Great News!!!

Magik Wandzzzzz

Cue Builder Since 1973
Silver Member
Thank you for the update...

It is great news that there will now be a Billiards table at SBE next year!!!
It is also nice to see that carom cue makers and builders are helping to promote the game with their carom cue donations. EL JEFE had a great idea and I am sure that this Expo along with the carom cues that will be donated will help promote the game.

Again, Great News!!!

Carom at SBE is still not 100% but any of you that want to e mail allen encouraging him to do so should do so now http://www.superbilliardsexpo.com/

We will probably not know until around Jun 1 if this will in fact happen, right now I'd bet 12 to 1 in foavor of it.:thumbup:

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And I see more great pictures been added to your Updated website. A lot of New cues and design were just added