Andy cloth?

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
is it better than 860/760? I've never heard of Andy cloth before

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's decent stuff. I had both Andy and 860 on a table. You can notice a difference in terms of feel and I would go with Simonis if I had the choice

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I believe it was used for the last couple of Dragon Promotions 14.1 World Tournament held at Steinway. The folks at Steinway are very committed to providing world class conditions to their customers; hard core tournament players.

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
is it better than 860/760? I've never heard of Andy cloth before

Hard Times in Bellflower, CA has a bunch of tables covered with Andy cloth, and it was
the first time I've played on Andy cloth. I think the cloth was OK and it played fairly fast.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I have played a bit on it and if it didn't have the Andy logo I don't think the majority of people would know the difference between Simonis. Great cloth and good people in the US distribution. Cost is almost half of Simonis too!

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I have played a bit on it and if it didn't have the Andy logo I don't think the majority of people would know the difference between Simonis. Great cloth and good people in the US distribution. Cost is almost half of Simonis too!

I think it's much more slippery than Simonis.

1sttbone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have been using andy pro or 920 for three years, and play almost every day. it might be the best wearing cloth I've ever owned, and plays like simon is. i still love simon is 860 but value wise andy is great.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know this is an old thread, but for what it's worth, I'd like to give my feedback on Andy Pro cloth, since I didn't have the opportunity to respond to this thread previously. We've now had it on our tables here the past two years - and we've chosen it the past two times we've had our tables recovered, after roughly 20 years of using Simonis 860, or in more recent years 860HR. The only complaint from some of our customers is that the Andy cloth is too fast!

At one point a few years ago, Andy Pro was roughly 20-25% less expensive than Simonis 860HR, but now they are virtually the same price. For me, the price difference was no factor before and it is still not a factor now. It is clearly a faster playing cloth, and quite possibly a more durable cloth than 860HR. Also, a major difference is that Andy cloth does NOT make the pockets play more forgiving when newly installed, as opposed to Simonis 860HR cloth. I would think would be a major advantage of the Andy Pro 988 for pro level tournament play. It does lose a little bit of speed the longer it's been on a table, but is still plenty fast even after 1 year. The only criticism I would have of the Andy cloth which I have shared with my regional distributor as well as the US distributor, is that it does not have as good a fabric protector teflon like treatment on the surface - making it a little tougher to remove grease, food, and dirty hand stains as opposed to the Simonis cloth. I have heard the color on the Andy cloth fades more noticeably than Simonis, but I have not seen a noticeable difference in the color fading.

To sum it up, I would choose Andy Pro 988 cloth for our tables over Simonis 860HR, even if the Andy was more expensive than the Simonis. I understand many people who swear by Simonis will not agree with my opinion on this cloth, but just thought I'd give my 2 cents as someone who has a number of years of experience of playing on both the Andy and Simonis in our pool room. Both cloths are top quality cloths for finer pool rooms and tournaments, but I just felt like the Andy cloth was not getting the respect it deserves from the posts I have read.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I know this is an old thread, but for what it's worth, I'd like to give my feedback on Andy Pro cloth, since I didn't have the opportunity to respond to this thread previously. We've now had it on our tables here the past two years - and we've chosen it the past two times we've had our tables recovered, after roughly 20 years of using Simonis 860, or in more recent years 860HR. The only complaint from some of our customers is that the Andy cloth is too fast!

At one point a few years ago, Andy Pro was roughly 20-25% less expensive than Simonis 860HR, but now they are virtually the same price. For me, the price difference was no factor before and it is still not a factor now. It is clearly a faster playing cloth, and quite possibly a more durable cloth than 860HR. Also, a major difference is that Andy cloth does NOT make the pockets play more forgiving when newly installed, as opposed to Simonis 860HR cloth. I would think would be a major advantage of the Andy Pro 988 for pro level tournament play. It does lose a little bit of speed the longer it's been on a table, but is still plenty fast even after 1 year. The only criticism I would have of the Andy cloth which I have shared with my regional distributor as well as the US distributor, is that it does not have as good a fabric protector teflon like treatment on the surface - making it a little tougher to remove grease, food, and dirty hand stains as opposed to the Simonis cloth. I have heard the color on the Andy cloth fades more noticeably than Simonis, but I have not seen a noticeable difference in the color fading.

To sum it up, I would choose Andy Pro 988 cloth for our tables over Simonis 860HR, even if the Andy was more expensive than the Simonis. I understand many people who swear by Simonis will not agree with my opinion on this cloth, but just thought I'd give my 2 cents as someone who has a number of years of experience of playing on both the Andy and Simonis in our pool room. Both cloths are top quality cloths for finer pool rooms and tournaments, but I just felt like the Andy cloth was not getting the respect it deserves from the posts I have read.[/QUOTE
Thanks for the review. Many new products are shunned in this game but I try most of them.I will recover my table again just as soon as I can get RKC to stop by for a visit. I would like to try Andy cloth. They have a distribution center and maybe a headquarters just north of me and have been promoting tourneys in the Rocky mountain region, it might be cool to support them.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my previous post I mistakenly referred to Andy Pro 988, which is incorrect. It is the Andy Pro 920 cloth that is the cloth we've used on our tables the past 2 years, which everyone likes. I believe they are now introducing a newer blend, possibly 988, which is supposed to be even faster than the 920. I would recommend the 920 blend, which is plenty fast enough for us, and I would have no reason to consider switching to anything faster.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
A room close to me has Andy.....it’s so so, IMO

I rate cloth...
1....Granito by Gorina
2...Simonis

...everybody else is fighting to be #3

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello ChrisinNC! It's been a very long time, my friend! I'm happy to see that your room in Boone is still going strong, after all these years! Another vote of confidence for room owners who care about their customers! :thumbup: Chris...is your son still playing? He must be grown and married by now! LOL Glad to see you posting here!:thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

To sum it up, I would choose Andy Pro 988 cloth for our tables over Simonis 860HR, even if the Andy was more expensive than the Simonis. I understand many people who swear by Simonis will not agree with my opinion on this cloth, but just thought I'd give my 2 cents as someone who has a number of years of experience of playing on both the Andy and Simonis in our pool room. Both cloths are top quality cloths for finer pool rooms and tournaments, but I just felt like the Andy cloth was not getting the respect it deserves from the posts I have read.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott, thanks and I'm impressed you remember me - its been at least 10 years. I've been keeping up with the posts here for a few years, but was unable to post, but finally figured out how to get in touch with Mike and he activated my account to allow me to post as of yesterday. My son is 28, still single and a musician, plays the violin, but plays very little pool although he's still very good when he does play. I've been trying to keep my game respectable after taking a break for a number of years, but with two total shoulder replacements, I'm not able to play the amount I really need to. Please let me know if you're ever passing through northwest NC in your travels!

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Glad i just came across this thread. The bar I shoot league in will be getting reckoned soon. Me & the LO get all the equipment for the bar because in all honesty if we let the bar owner take care of it, we would get constant shit.

We've gotten 2 good sets of cyclop balls which we bring in nightly for league or tourney so they don't go missing or mismatched. We also have our own racks that we bring in, decent wooden ones & I recently bought a RYO rack too.

As far as the cloth, we can't take that home every week lol. So we have to deal with the regular bar crowd on the cloth the rest of the days. So Simonis is out. Last time we got some good Championship, but it has torn pretty easily. Very little holes. We've been looking for somethi g better for our next reality.

Chris from Outsville suggested Andy Cloth to me just last week & have been looking into it, so glad to get some feedback here for sure.