Dieckman Sayzzzzzzzzzz......

Magik Wandzzzzz

Cue Builder Since 1973
Silver Member
Dear Fellow Sawdust Makers:

This is the first public announcement that I am making concerning a certain matter, and it is going to you my fellow cue builders before anybody else, except my mom. As of 1 Mar 2010 I will become the President of the United States Billiard Association, the governing body of carom billiards in this country. So if you have been wondering if the world has gone totally crazy, yes it has, now you know for certain. :eek: :rolleyes: :sorry:

So this is not your friend Dennis Dieckman writing this but the presumptive president of The USBA and of course I am asking you for a donation, not of your money but of your time. I am challenging each and every one of you to build a 3 Cushion Billiard and donate it to The USBA to help support that beautiful game. Plain Jane rather than fancy as carom players are such cheap charlies, but if you want to show off that is fine also.

Here are the specs for a quote “standard billiard cue” unquote. 55.5 to 56.5 inches long, being a PERFECT CONE from rear of butt to tip. Rear butt diameter 1.280” to 1.260 inches, tip diameter of 0.480” [12.25 mm]. Using these numbers you should be able to figure out the joint diameter, which will be somewhat larger than you are probably accustomed to making. The shaft and butt do not necessarily have to be the same length but could be. Any joint that you want to use would be acceptable. Billiard ferrules are made much shorter than pool ferrules. Any length between 0.250” and 0.350” would be fine. Medium hard tips would be preferred. Two shafts would be good, or even three if you need the practice. Please call me, not e mail, if you have any technical questions or problems. Oh yeah, a rear weighted [18-19 inches from the rear with shaft] cue would be better than one that was front weighted. Total weight 485-525 grams.

Any of you who choose to help me out in this endeavor can be assured that all funds generated from these cues will go to The USBA and not to myself or any other individual. If you choose to make one of these cues you will get publicity on the USBA website [ http://www.usba.net ] as being an official sponsor of the organization as well as a link to your website. You will also get my heartfelt thanks.

As I said, a fairly simple cue is better, as carom players are even cheaper charlies than pool players, but if you would like to do something fancy in your own particular style please feel free to be as artistic as you want. As a little sweetener I have a few pieces of very sweet maple, mildly birds eyed, that I bought as boards over 20 years ago. About seven years ago I started turning this wood and have a number of pieces 32+ inches long, 1.390” tapering to 1.190 inches in diameter. I will send two of these pieces to any one deciding to make one of these USBA cues, while supplies last. What a deal, how can you refuse??? Call me with questions please or just to talk. 734-428-1161.

Dieckman, Cue Builder

Last edited:

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let not become a Boomerange Association or are we? Correct website http://www.usba.net not http://www.usba.org

Any of you who choose to help me out in this endeavor can be assured that all funds generated from these cues will go to The USBA and not to myself or any other individual. If you choose to make one of these cues you will get publicity on the USBA website [ http://www.usba.org ] as being an official sponsor of the organization as well as a link to your website. You will also get my heartfelt thanks.

Magik Wandzzzzz

Cue Builder Since 1973
Silver Member
Billiard Shot Does It Again

Let not become a Boomerange Association or are we? Correct website http://www.usba.net not http://www.usba.org

Any of you who choose to help me out in this endeavor can be assured that all funds generated from these cues will go to The USBA and not to myself or any other individual. If you choose to make one of these cues you will get publicity on the USBA website [ http://www.usba.org ] as being an official sponsor of the organization as well as a link to your website. You will also get my heartfelt thanks.

can you imagine the future president of an organization not knowing its web address ??? :sorry::confused::embarrassed2::blush::speechless::shocked2::nono::help::bash:
It has now been changed in my first post to reflect the corrent address.

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
can you imagine the future president of an organization not knowing its web address ??? :sorry::confused::embarrassed2::blush::speechless::shocked2::nono::help::bash:
It has now been changed in my first post to reflect the corrent address.
what the hell you doing up this early ?
so unlike you :eek:

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
I just started a great job, which will afford me the $$ to get to cue making, my first batch is going to mnorwoods afterschool program, and the second is yours for your 3cush group...

Best Wishes dennis,
Grey Ghost

Magik Wandzzzzz

Cue Builder Since 1973
Silver Member
The Butzzzz Are Coming In

Would like to thank all who have responded in the positive [no body has been negative--just not responded :boring2:]. So far 10 of my fellow sawdust makers have signed up to make a cue for the USBA. A great game, a good cause, many thanks to all.

Now, all you other 4990 cue builders out their need to step up also and make me a carom billiard cue. Consider this a learning experience....priceless. :groucho:

Cue Guru

Close, but no roll...
Silver Member
This is interesting...

I would like to give it a try. Please don't expect anything earth shattering, but I can use the practice and would love to see what I can do.

Is there a deadline for submissions?

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also wonder why it is suddenly ok to bulld a 3C Billiard Cue with a stainless steel pin when no "self-respecting 3C player" would own a billiard cue with anything but a wood pin?

Mr. Wadsworth, Historicaly speaking your statement is wrong! Just research or view post about H. Martin or Bert Schager. They built 3 Cushion Cue with a stainless steel pin . Allan Gilbert 3 Cushion Player use his H. Martin, other can be name if so desire!!!

Oh! BTW My name is Bob Watson [billiardshot] a friend of Dieckman and others, both in the 3 Cushion World and The Pool World. I also support Billiard projects privately.

Do your research Arnot!!!!! To help kick start your research start here: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=157057&highlight=martin

Last edited:

Arnot Wadsworth

Senior Cuemaker
Silver Member
Mr. Wadsworth, Historicaly speaking your statement is wrong! Just research or view post about H. Martin or Bert Schager. They built 3 Cushion Cue with a stainless steel pin . Allan Gilbert 3 Cushion Player use his H. Martin, other can be name if so desire!!!

Oh! BTW My name is Bob Watson [billiardshot] a friend of Dieckman and others, both in the 3 Cushion World and The Pool World. I also support Billiard projects privately.

Do your research Arnot!!!!! To help kick start your research start here: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=157057&highlight=martin

If you are going to quote me then quote me correctly. Here is what I said in part: "Most of the 3C Billiard cues either come from you or Helmstetter in Japan. I know there are some exceptions to this statement ".

According to you there are now 4 cuemakers who have sold a number of 3C Billiard cues. There are hundreds of pool cue makers who have not benefited from 3C Billiard cue sales.

I am not wrong - You are just sticking up for your buddy. I'm still sticking to the facts.

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
Historicaly, the USBA players have not supported most of the American Cuemakers. There are very few 3C Billiard players that participate in this forum.

Most othe the 3C Billiard cues either come from you or Helmstetter in Japan. I know there are some exceptions to this statement but the point is that we cuemakers do not owe the USBA anything. You should be asking for the support of those who have been making a living building 3C Billiard cues.
Pool is pool, we should support all disciplines.
I also wonder why it is suddenly ok to bulld a 3C Billiard Cue with a stainless steel pin when no "self-respecting 3C player" would own a billiard cue with anything but a wood pin?
Not true.
I have donated a number of cues to exceptional causes over the years and I will continue to do so but it is a private matter and not one in which I expect to receive any credit.
Then whey mention it at all?
You have not gone out of your way to make friends in this forum. In fact, most of your post are when you have something to sell or in this case want something to benefit your customers.

Now you say "Call me with questions please or just to talk. 734-428-1161.
" but years ago when I called you - you were overly rude to me.
Sour grapes? Read your own posts lately? Oh, wait.... you seem to have a habit of getting pissed off and deleting them all. :rolleyes:

Arnot Wadsworth

Senior Cuemaker
Silver Member
Pool is pool, we should support all disciplines.

Who gave you the right to tell me who and what to support.

Not true.

Just because you say it is not true does not make it so.
Then whey mention it at all?

So that everyone will know that I support other organizations.

Sour grapes? Read your own posts lately? Oh, wait.... you seem to have a habit of getting pissed off and deleting them all. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your kind words. I am not the only one who had deleted their posts.

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
Thanks for your kind words. I am not the only one who had deleted their posts.
I call it like I see it, and generally put some thought and effort into what I post.
Doing this keeps me from regretting what I write, and having to go back and delete it later. Yeah, a couple of others pulled a hissy fit, and deleted their posts. Partly as an attempted 'punishment' to those that didn't bend to their demands, or because they got angry when called out.

Arnot Wadsworth

Senior Cuemaker
Silver Member
I call it like I see it, and generally put some thought and effort into what I post.
Doing this keeps me from regretting what I write, and having to go back and delete it later. Yeah, a couple of others pulled a hissy fit, and deleted their posts. Partly as an attempted 'punishment' to those that didn't bend to their demands, or because they got angry when called out.

It must be nice to be so perfect.

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Historicaly, the USBA players have not supported most of the American Cuemakers. There are very few 3C Billiard players that participate in this forum.

Most othe the 3C Billiard cues either come from you or Helmstetter in Japan. I know there are some exceptions to this statement but the point is that we cuemakers do not owe the USBA anything. You should be asking for the support of those who have been making a living building 3C Billiard cues.

I have donated a number of cues to exceptional causes over the years and I will continue to do so but it is a private matter and not one in which I expect to receive any credit.

You have not gone out of your way to make friends in this forum. In fact, most of your post are when you have something to sell or in this case want something to benefit your customers.

Now you say "Call me with questions please or just to talk. 734-428-1161.
" but years ago when I called you - you were overly rude to me.

Have a nice day.

Arnot Wadsworth, I did quota you correctly, as stated in paragraph 3 of your post, Which I highlited.

Oh! I don't Care whether Dieckman a friend or Not. I'm making a correction on this "why it is suddenly ok to bulld a 3C Billiard Cue with a stainless steel pin".

Were you building cue before H. Martin?????

BTW in return have a nice evening.

Last edited:

Magik Wandzzzzz

Cue Builder Since 1973
Silver Member
Dear Mr. Arnot PDQ Wadsworthless

To all that are reading these words I apologize for the length of this post but due to the nature of Mr. Wadsworthless' post I feel that I am justified. I mean when a dog attacks you do you let him or do you fight back. Especially when after reading his words I am reminded of another gentleman who was writing in the early to mid part of the last century. Namely: Herr Doktor Joesep Goebells.

So Dear Arnie let me first of all let me say I always appreciate it when people stick to the point of a thread, rather than than going off on a rant on some tangent from their own little minuscule agenda. So thanks Mr. Wadsworthless, as the words that you posted, now allows me to violate the Thumper Principle [or did Bambi say this ???] : “IF YOU CAN'T SAY NOTHING NICE DON'T SAY NUTTEN AT ALL !!” So sit back, sip a beverage, compose yourself, cause I am going to jump in your d** d**.:mad:

APDQW: “Historicaly [sic], the USBA players have not supported most of the American Cuemakers.

Dear Arnie, historically [to use your own word, spelled correctly here] there have been precious few cue builders who even knew there was such a thing as a billiard cue, let alone the specs to build one, most of them coming from the game of pocket billiards and were building pocket billiard cues. So how can you expect a carom player to buy a product from someone who does not even make it? “

APDQW: “There are very few 3C Billiard players that participate in this forum.”

Dear Arnie, as to participation by billiard players in this forum, there a very few of them in this country, in the first place, so naturally the are not to prevalent on AZ as pool players. So What ?? And why the heck are you, a pool cue builder, even on the carom forum, in the first place? Just to cause trouble, or what ???? Did you have a bad day in the shop ??? Get out of the wrong side of the bed ??? Just don't understand the point you are try to make here. :confused:

APQQW: “Most othe [sic] the 3C Billiard cues either come from you or Helmstetter in Japan.”

Dear Arnie, you obviously have no clue where carom billiard cues come from, totally mis-informed. Alcala de Guadaira in Spain, Schuler in this country, Longoni of Italy, Han Bat in Korea, a Mexican company I forget the name of, just to mention a few all manufacture carom cues. Even as I write these words a fellow from TURKEY is in my shop learning what it takes to build carom cues so that he can go back and degin building carom cues in that country. As to me and billiard cues I make maybe 2 or 3 a year AT MOST, but I do get several thou for each one, eat your heart out. For a living I MAKE POOL CUES not carom cues. And I can at least play both games, about you I have heard different. So here is a challenge. I want to match up with you if you think you can beat a 63 year old man. We will me at Barry's place in Virginia Beach [neutral ground about half way between where we reside]. You play with one of my cues, me with one of your funky ones and we will play 100 racks of 9 ball for $100 a rack and a 100 games of 3 Cushion to ten points, also for $100. Beside the money the overall loser will build a cue to be donated to the winners favorite charity. I will even pay your taxi fare to get there. Are you up for it ??? Or do you just want to crawl in some hole and duck me ??? :groucho:

APDQW: “I know there are some exceptions to this statement but the point is that we cuemakers do not owe the USBA anything.”

Dear Arnie, I really wish you had read [you can read can't you ??] my original post a little more carefully. Never did I imply that anybody “OWED” anything to anybody. And as a cue builder I thank heavens that you only think of yourself as a cue maker.

APQDW: “You should be asking for the support of those who have been making a living building 3C Billiard cues.”

Dear Arnie, well, duh, what do you think I am planning on doing? Just decided to ask some of my friends first, pardon me. You think I am stupid, or what ???? Of course I am planning on hitting up the big manufactures, who by the way have been donating a lot of cues to caroms over a lot of year already.:scratchhead:

APDQW: “I also wonder why it is suddenly ok to bulld [sic] a 3C Billiard Cue with a stainless steel pin when no "self-respecting 3C player" would own a billiard cue with anything but a wood pin? “

Dear Arnie, once again, you make a a statement based on total ignorance, to say nothing of a pathetic lack of knowledge of the history of cue building. As Mr. Watson [Billiard Shot] has pointed out Mr. Martin was using a metal long before you were even born. And I guess you are also not aware of the carom cues that my friend Ray Schuler built, either. If you want I can give you the phone numbers of so many billiard players that play with a cue with a metal joint pin, self respecting or not, that it will make you head spin. But it must have already been doing that for you to write your post in the first place.

APDQW: “I have donated a number of cues to exceptional causes over the years and I will continue to do so but it is a private matter and not one in which I expect to receive any credit.”

Dear Arnie, well good for you. More cue builders should do the same, after all, charity always begins at home. But now that you have started this pissing contest, how many and to whom. I will be happy to post my list if you post yours. Of course you don't want any credit, but then why even mention this in the first place. Again, don't really understand your point here. Little pat on the back for yourself maybe ???

APDQW: “You have not gone out of your way to make friends in this forum.”

Oh Arnie, Arnie, who needs friends when there are people like you out their. Unlike you, I do not have to go out of my way to make friends. I find that just by being honest and upfront, friendship happens. Friends are not an item you collect, they just happen because you be yourself. You, of course, being yourself, which I respect, probably don't have too many. Life can be sad can't it ???

APDQW: “In fact, most of your post are when you have something to sell or in this case want something to benefit your customers.”

Oh Arnie, what is wrong to do something that “your customers” benefit from ?? Personally, I like to think of the people I have built cues for over the years as friends, not customers. But then you can think whatever you want of people because I don't really give a rat's ass about your opinions. As to posting on AZ with something to sell it was only once, not as you allege, “most” of the time, and concerned some old magazines and books that I wanted to get rid of, not cues. I don't know where you gets your “facts” but you should at least check to see where you foot is going first

APDQW: “Now you say "Call me with questions please or just to talk. 734-428-1161.
" but years ago when I called you - you were overly rude to me.”

Hey Arnie, give me a call tomorrow and we will really have some fun. Love to talk with you. Boy did Thomas Wayne and I have fun for 4 phone hours after I wrote an article about CNC cue making for the First National Billiard Exchange. Generally speaking if I am rude to people on the phone [I mean if I want to sell you something to some one, why would I be rude to you ??] they are telemarketers. As I recall the conversation, you spent a long time asking me many question about how to build cues, all of which were a waste of both of our times as I told you [was that rude?] as you cannot teach cue building over the phone. As I recall I offered you both my video tapes [which I think you bought-correct me if I am wrong] as well as told you what you needed to do was come and spend a few weeks at The Cueniversity getting hands on experience.

APDQW: “Have a nice day.”

Really Arnie, how pathetically insincere and transparent can one man be ?? Sarcasm does not become you.

APDQW: “Don't trust any information by anyone who has not posted complete contact information. Those who post accurate information are not afraid for everyone to know who they are!”

Arnie, you know I normally don't mind flys, but when one buzzes around my head for a long time, then I have to go look for the fly swatter and smash it.

Certainly not wishing you a nice day, but then I always try to speak the truth.

PS: This probably means you won't be donating a cue to the USBA, right ??:eek:uttahere:

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dear Fellow Sawdust Makers:

This is the first public announcement that I am making concerning a certain matter, and it is going to you my fellow cue builders before anybody else, except my mom. As of 1 Mar 2010 I will become the President of the United States Billiard Association, the governing body of carom billiards in this country. So if you have been wondering if the world has gone totally crazy, yes it has, now you know for certain. :eek: :rolleyes: :sorry:

So this is not your friend Dennis Dieckman writing this but the presumptive president of The USBA and of course I am asking you for a donation, not of your money but of your time. I am challenging each and every one of you to build a 3 Cushion Billiard and donate it to The USBA to help support that beautiful game. Plain Jane rather than fancy as carom players are such cheap charlies, but if you want to show off that is fine also.

Here are the specs for a quote “standard billiard cue” unquote. 55.5 to 56.5 inches long, being a PERFECT CONE from rear of butt to tip. Rear butt diameter 1.280” to 1.260 inches, tip diameter of 0.480” [12.25 mm]. Using these numbers you should be able to figure out the joint diameter, which will be somewhat larger than you are probably accustomed to making. The shaft and butt do not necessarily have to be the same length but could be. Any joint that you want to use would be acceptable. Billiard ferrules are made much shorter than pool ferrules. Any length between 0.250” and 0.350” would be fine. Medium hard tips would be preferred. Two shafts would be good, or even three if you need the practice. Please call me, not e mail, if you have any technical questions or problems. Oh yeah, a rear weighted [18-19 inches from the rear with shaft] cue would be better than one that was front weighted. Total weight 485-525 grams.

Any of you who choose to help me out in this endeavor can be assured that all funds generated from these cues will go to The USBA and not to myself or any other individual. If you choose to make one of these cues you will get publicity on the USBA website [ http://www.usba.net ] as being an official sponsor of the organization as well as a link to your website. You will also get my heartfelt thanks.

As I said, a fairly simple cue is better, as carom players are even cheaper charlies than pool players, but if you would like to do something fancy in your own particular style please feel free to be as artistic as you want. As a little sweetener I have a few pieces of very sweet maple, mildly birds eyed, that I bought as boards over 20 years ago. About seven years ago I started turning this wood and have a number of pieces 32+ inches long, 1.390” tapering to 1.190 inches in diameter. I will send two of these pieces to any one deciding to make one of these USBA cues, while supplies last. What a deal, how can you refuse??? Call me with questions please or just to talk. 734-428-1161.

Dieckman, Cue Builder

I have read this post several times and can't see anything that should have turned the thread into a argument. If someone doesn't have an interest they should have just clicked to another thread, why even respond. Strange.