Live Streaming AFTER Tacoma

Magik Wandzzzzz

Cue Builder Since 1973
Silver Member
DEEK-A-MON SAYZZZZZZ:

HAY you all AZ'ers out there that hang here I WANT YOUR OPINION...

the following was posted first on a VERY PRIVATE USBA Forum firstly....
secondly it was posted to the general membership forum.....
and now I snd it to the great unwashed of AZ.....and believe it or knot [HI JORGE !!!!] ONLY BECAUSE I VALUE [REALLY] YOU OPINIONS.......EVEN THO YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER OF THE USBA......JOIN TODAY;;;;;;;;;;;

at any rate.........this is just FYI........to PUT YOU IN THE LOOP abought carom billiards.....live streaming is the future as well as B and C tournies...
Shovak is in charge.....i just supply peons and worker bees......so all u ilitratee AZ'ers let me know what youyou think....even the rat f@@@@@@@@ker can buttttttt in....P-club in L-ville awesome.....DCC at HORSHOE u shud nvr miss...............
Deek-a-mon

TO MY FELLOW MEMBERS of the USBA:

I started the following thread on the USBA SPECIAL BOARD FORUM for the comment of those there. I am now starting the same thread on THE GENERAL MEMBERSHIP FORUM and would value your comments......even though you are just mushrooms.....one's that I consider valid I will pass on to the board and claim them as my own.

Dennis Dieckman, Cue Builder

Gentlemen of THE JURY:

AFTER what I thought was a lengthy....but productive discussion USBA decided to live stream Tacoma using CHEESE....good idea I think for what it is worth.......plus we have now not one but two teams as backups. Just give him the $700 for expenses and DAMN THE TORPEDOES [i mean the receipts....even the IRS allows a flat rate per diem]

MERRILL just talked about a survey and I have encouraged him to work on this. BUT I HAVE A SURVEY FOR YOU......ONLY 4 QUESTIONS but RIGHT NOW PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE, ANSWER THESE QUESTION all ye who read them

1. How many hours have you watched live streaming of any kind ???

2. ARE YOU AWARE OF THE LIVE STREAMING OF POOL and watched it ???

3. How many hours of live streaming of European carom billiards have you watched ???? when....where....

4. How many hours of live streaming of USBA carom billiards have you watched ???? when.....where
Dennis Dieckman
Juniors and Ladies 3-Cushion Chairman
USBA Forum Discussion Guest
734-428-1161
cuebuilder@cuemaker.com

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
THere another question That should of been asked
1. If The highest number of viewers was in the 80-90 at Lousville, Ky. Where were the live streaming support from the USBA MEMBERS???????? If there 300 to 600 members in USBA, let minus 100 for measurement, there still should of been over 200+ viewers.

Until USBA Members support Live Streaming [No Matter who stream] The NonMember won't support it alone or the billiard/pool communities,

The ChatRoom - give people a chance to reconnect and share some insght that is lose with tv or videos.
The Rat Finker opinion

Rat Fink Party 2009 105_resize.jpg

Long Live 01ed.jpg and The Rat Finkers

Last edited:

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So here I am in this hotel room and I'm supposed to pull out my Streaming Log Book.
Sorry I forgot to bring it with me. I swear I have one. Just like the fishing diary I keep.

All I can tell you (without my log handy) is I've watched every USBA Live Stream since it's been hip and I've watched SEVERAL live streams of the big boys in the past 12 months. Lets say I've logged in 18 hours in 12 months. (I'd be in trouble if I admitted more)

Here's a suggestion and I don't know how to get it done but, I wanted to watch Bill Johnson play as an example. Luckily (for me, not him) he was on in consecutive matches so it was easy. I also wanted to watch Shovak cause I want a piece of his a-- next time we meet. He played well in the games I saw. Shoulda beat him last time we met.

Point is, it would be great if there was an estimated time for us to watch certain matches. This would be a big asset if you want to see numbers for the Nationals.

jimshovak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will remind you that most of us will watch some streaming, but it is very difficult to sit in front of it all day long. I suppose that 80-90 was the amount viewing at ONE TIME, so therefore, through out the day, it may well have been hundreds overall. I noticed that if I watch an entire match on the live-stream that UStream eats up a lot of my RAM and I need to reboot my computer because it gets much slower and sometimes freezes up.
That can also cause many viewers to leave and not come back.

By the way, 3kushn, I have no idea who you are. Send me a PM or an email, won't you? I like to know when someone wants a piece of me. Anytime, brother!

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If we just use USBA members you're talking only 3% [300-600 members] Now let look at the 21,000 az members ?????

Magik Wandzzzzz

Cue Builder Since 1973
Silver Member
To jim shovaak from.....

I will remind you that most of us will watch some streaming, but it is very difficult to sit in front of it all day long. I suppose that 80-90 was the amount viewing at ONE TIME, so therefore, through out the day, it may well have been hundreds overall. I noticed that if I watch an entire match on the live-stream that UStream eats up a lot of my RAM and I need to reboot my computer because it gets much slower and sometimes freezes up.
That can also cause many viewers to leave and not come back.

By the way, 3kushn, I have no idea who you are. Send me a PM or an email, won't you? I like to know when someone wants a piece of me. Anytime, brother!

Dieckman <-----question asked and answered a month ago over phone AND U FORGUT.... You gotta learn to take notes....i hate talking to you when you are driving cause you got no pen or paper.....

3kushion is TOM PALELY of Saint Louis, the head of The USBA History Committee as appointed by Bob Jewett a few months ago, with you and the board's approval.......something he did not have to do.....I will affirm my belief in this committee that Bob has appointed, its Chairman, Tom Paley, and the precious few loyal members that are helping him with the work on this project.....it might suprise you who has promised to contribute.......FDR and the WPA and CCC some into my mind on this project....

He is also a person who should be given access to the super secret forum but we will way until 1 Mar to actually ask that. I also think we should import some of the more prolific and rational posters from the USBA general forum into the board forum also. THE MORE THE MERRIER.......the internet is suppossed to be free and open source....right ???? Is John E. Hoover still alive and cross dressing.

MOST ALL LIVE STREAMING THAT WENT BAD AT L-VILLE [INCLUDING DCC] WAS AT THE CLOUD END.....NOT AT THE SOURCE.

yOU AND bruce TALK ABOUT TELESTRATER'S and are bummed that chaesse does not have one....Singer and Curly tell me they ESSENTIALLY DON'T EXIST FOR LIVE STREAMING AT THE CURRENT TIME FOR A SENSIBLE PRICE....DO NOT mistake what Jan Carl does as live streaming.
You are watching a video of hwat he had produced then edited and for that tlestraters have been one for years...

ALSO: Jim you speak of a comentator, so do you Bruce, when was the last time you watched a football or baseball game.....IN AMERICA ?? don't they always have AT LEAST TWO COMMENTATORS ??? One is color, one is play by play :/????? well if I am alone I can do both but I AM A COLOR GUY that is my job and to find someone else and train them to do the play by play....RIGHT??? yOU KNOW i GREW UP WATCHING HOWARD COSELL and dean martin din you not......but the guy who calls the soccor gains in S. America...now he da man

Attachments

• MIKE w my q  HIGH MASSE01.jpg
    MIKE w my q HIGH MASSE01.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 190

Robert Raiford

The Voice of CaromTV
Silver Member
DO NOT mistake what Jan Carl does as live streaming.
You are watching a video of hwat he had produced then edited and for that tlestraters have been one for years...

I'm not sure what you mean by this. The only thing Jan Carl adds to the videos during editing is on-screen scoreboards and begin/end titles. All camera switching and telestration is done live for CaromTV matches, which is why his live streaming during tournaments looks just like the videos (without the scoreboards, of course.) Maybe you can ask him about his setup.

Robert

fasteddief

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MR.D.D. andJim Shovak

Hey Guys I enjoy close matches, and usual the players are around B class players so it makes it great streaming. I did some narrating with the best in the business,MR.D.D. and everybody I know said it was great listening and we made a interesting conversation about the game and said we were also funny.Hey Jim you played great billiards,keep up the good work so next time I owe you a good match so no excuses I will be really up for the match.Remember before this I won a close match 25 to 22 against you when you were the 2008 B player of the year. Hope you go to the Nationals and play well.Take care guys, FASTEDDIEF.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OH THIS IS JUST GREEAT!! I'VE BEEN OUTED!!
How am I supposed to rag on anybody now? Guess I need some lessons DD

Moderators Please allow me to change my name. You can assign one for me.
Cornershooter
ScratchKing
KissMaster
ShovakStopper:rolleyes: